Vegetarian Meals

Started by jamjar, September 16, 2014, 08:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamjar

Hi

We will be going to Corralejo again in May next year, and taking our daughter and her partner who are both veggie eaters with us. Can someone advise if there are many restaurants in Corrie that do vegetarian dishes.   :) :)

Cheers
Steve

Mr Boo Boo

Although we always stay in Caleta, both my sons are vegetarians and we never have any problems feeding them (numerous dishes they can have at the local Indian/Italian resteraunts).

SheilaW

Lots of places make an effort - it pays them to! There's a vegetarian and fish place in one of the squares called Cueva de Lobos (used to be Temple Bar) and there's a veggie snack bar on the other side of the square.

bella

As a veggie myself I´m always on the lookout for new places to try. As mentioned in the previous post, theres a fairly new veggie restaurant opened up in the square in the old town, I think it´s called Bao Bao? or something like that -  had lunch there and it was very nice. Other than this if it´s choice you re after on a menu, then Indian or Chinese is the best option - unless of course you want to eat pizza, pasta or the dreaded veggie lasagne each night :o  which seem to be the only choices offered, on the whole. Roll on the days when veggies get as much choice on a restaurant menu on this island that meat-eaters do!

PHo

Corrie has come on a long way. Years ago when our daughter became a veggie, she had to eat spanish omelette every day. Even the salads had ham in them.  When we pointed this out the response was - but its only a little bit!!

duggiesdad

New just opened
www.sanusfuerteventura.com