Nudist Beach

Started by Dazzle89, September 27, 2017, 23:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazzle89

Hi there, I'm fairly new to FUE and love the idea of experiencing a naturiest beach, however i'm a 28 yo male, would this be frowned upon? if not where is best? i'll be visiting solo in january. Many thanks.

Snowdrop

The large stretches of sand beaches around the island will probably have people without clothes on them and it's perfectly acceptable.   Don't think I've seen anyone totally nude on the small beaches immediately adjacent to a bar/eating places or the smaller beaches around towns.

Logitechtom

Hi, If you post the area (Town) where you are staying, I'm sure you will get loads of recommendations for beaches close to your accommodation.  Without knowing your chosen location it would take half an hour to list the beaches!

As has already been said, nudity is acceptable on any beach in Fuerteventura but clearly the more remote the beach is from a built up area, the more popular it will be for nudists.

Hope that helps.

Tom.

Dazzle89

Yea I probably should of mentioned I'm booked to stay in corralejo down near the harbour. So if anyone is also travelling solo mid Jan it would be brilliant to meet up for a drink or something.

Logitechtom

Hi Dazzle.,

If you are in Corralejo you will find all the "town" beaches are not suitable for nudist use (unless you are also an exhibitionist!!).  Your best bet are the Dunes just outside Corralejo.

Almost the last building as you depart Corralejo is the Grand Hotel Natura.  There are some stone circles just beyond the hotel and this is an area popular with nudist.   Further out of Corralejo are the Sand Dunes proper - as you walk away from the two big hotels, the number in swimwear become fewer and fewer until you are surrounded in fellow nudists!

There is a bus (from the Port to the Capital) - sorry, I can't remember the number - which will get you from the centre of Corralejo to the Dunes.

Good Luck,

Tom.

Dazzle89

Absolute legend, many thanks again for all your help, bit daunting venturing to them parts alone however life's all about enjoying the moment.

Magoo

I would recommend hiring a car an exploring the island. Myself, I don't believe a naturist beach is any good without easy access to the sea.  A car would open up the lagoons at El Cotillo where you can swim tide permitting and do some mutual inspection with the fish.  The beaches of the South are spectacular and have less Sun readers on them. 'Bild' is the trash rag of choice, however they are a lot more laid back when it comes to stripping off.

Mylo

Having just returned from glorious week on the island, here are my observations regarding Nudist beaches:

El Cotillo. La Concha beach (looking to the right from Bar Torino) is pretty much textile now. I certainly wouldn't be comfortable stripping off, especially given the reaction of some families with kids. The next beach after La Concha (past the two oddly shaped houses - location 28.696054, -14.016557 on google maps) is usually nudist but can be fairly crowded and not great for swimming, except at high tide.
I was able to take an early morning nude swim every morning right outside our apartments (Cotillo Lagos location 28.690132, -14.011933 on google maps) closer to the town. So long as I was out and dressed before 9.30am when the beach suddenly fills up! I was also able to sunbathe nude in one of the many cairns on this beach.

Corralejo Dunes: The beach in front of Reynaldos (Playa El Bajo Negro on google maps) was fairly relaxed, though myself and the wife were probably one of only two heterosexual couples there! I did notice a fair amount of what looked to me like 'cruising' activity - I went for a walk toward flag beach to see if there were any more suitable swimming locations and random guys would pop up out of the cairns like meerkats   :D
I'm in no way bothered about this, but I'll be directing my gay friends to this beach in future  ;D

Mal Nombre: We took a drive south to investigate the beaches there and I have to say I agree with Magoo. Playa Del Mal Nombre near the beach restaurant Tierra Dorada was one of the most relaxed beaches we've ever been on. There's a mixture of clothed and naturist folk there but an atmosphere without the edge you'll find on mixed beaches at El Cotillo. Spent a wonderful day there, swimming conditions were excellent, and the restaurant was pretty good too!

suendrob

The last 100metres or so of La Concha beach, up to the headland always seems reliably naturist, though they probably won't talk to you. Good access to the water, too.
No activity there for you, though.