Ace, Beams and other IPTV streams

Started by Ironworks, July 16, 2017, 03:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

Hi. Does anyone have uptodate information on Beams-TV?
I tried to re-surrect my subscription with a 'free' 24hr trial. Couldn't get it to work and couldn't get a response from their support tickets.
Or anyone found a better/more reliable UK tv option recently? I may buy and try the slingbox option if that is still satisfactory, or put a VPN on my Samsung Smart tv and use iplayer. (If I can work out how to do it!)
Thanks
PS: fab IPTV have also been shutdown!

Deso

What speed internet do you have and is it WIFI or landline ADSL?
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Archer

I have 2 different 4g internet providers. Orange (which is pretty slow at peak times) and Vodafone which is much faster. Whydo you ask?

Deso

I can recommend a good supplier, £16 a month, all the channels you need, catchup TV and a big VOD section, films, series etc but you need a decent connection.
You can pay monthly and turn it off and on, a month at a time, whenever you like. Let me know if you're interested and I will PM you the details.

PS I am nothing to do with the company but I use the service in our apartment and am very pleased with it.  :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

beachlife

Beams is still up and working with a great service. Watching it now and since Ace was shut down.

However there are some differences. You will have to re register again on their new website even if you have had previous login in details and through registering again (you can use the same details as your old registartion with them if you want at

https://beams-tv.com/index.php

They do not accept credit card payments you have to use bitcoin for payment which is explained on the site and you can get a walk through with the very helpful Patrick or one of the other guys on there.

Its 10 euros for 1 month, 25 euros for 3 months, 45 euros for 6 months
https://beams-tv.com/cart.php

I highly recommend the service but some people will be put off by the need to use bitcoin to pay but its worth it as the service is very good. Don`t buy a years service for any iptv service, as they can all disappear like Ace did. Personally i buy 3 months at a time as have been stung in the past when buying for longer. However Beams is so cheap even if you buy for longer you wouldn`t lose a lot.

Archer

Thanks Beachlife. I tried to get it running again, as I used it before ..... reloaded STB Emu and asked them to put in my MAC Address, but they failed. The app seems to need resetting everytime I open it, and now bitcoin payment does not appeal. What device do you run it on - MAG box?
I think I'll try something else now.
Maybe buy Getflix Smart DNS and load it into my router so Smart tv can get iplayer etc.
Anyone still using this Getflix option successfully?
Thanks

beachlife

Quote from: Archer on September 25, 2018, 22:29:35 PM
Thanks Beachlife. I tried to get it running again, as I used it before ..... reloaded STB Emu and asked them to put in my MAC Address, but they failed. The app seems to need resetting everytime I open it, and now bitcoin payment does not appeal. What device do you run it on - MAG box?
I think I'll try something else now.
Maybe buy Getflix Smart DNS and load it into my router so Smart tv can get iplayer etc.
Anyone still using this Getflix option successfully?
Thanks

I use a mag 250 on Fuerte and a mag 256 ( I also use a kodi box for backup on Fuerte and also have an ipad and a lenevo tablet which have ability to pick up beams).

I tried a mag 256 on Fuerte but found the movistar router could not work with the security on the 256 so stick to a 250 on Fuerte. Although I`m going to try to bring an old router from the UK and try and see if I can get it to work on Fuerte with a 256.

I also have a vpn which I can use (Safer VPN as it was cheap as I bought it for 2 years on an cheap deal). But don`t need to use the VPN if everything is working but all iptv`s have some down time or problems.

You may get a reply on discord as beams as using that for questions If you haven`t got it or registered with it I would try posting a request or a direct message to Patrick or Rainer on there

https://discordapp.com/activity

I understand your reluctance to use bitcoin once you have tried it it is not too bad.

Not sure what url you are using but the latest url for the home page for beams is https://beams-tv.com/index.php

Archer

Thanks Beachlife. I gave up with Beams and went with the Smart TV & Smart DNS option. It works very well so far and gives a brilliant picture that beats any of the IPTV services I have tried before. Wish I tried it sooner!
Thanks

beachlife

Quote from: Archer on September 26, 2018, 23:34:06 PM
Thanks Beachlife. I gave up with Beams and went with the Smart TV & Smart DNS option. It works very well so far and gives a brilliant picture that beats any of the IPTV services I have tried before. Wish I tried it sooner!
Thanks

No problem Archer. My TV is still dumb thanks for the heads up about the smart dns option if my tv gives up the ghost might look at getting a smart TV.

Mr G

We now use Getflix which works well, just occasional problems on a smart tv and I pad.
BBC live or catch up and ITV C4,5 all catch up.
At just over £3 a month very reasonable.

decho

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that us a slingbox....I see various reviews in Amazom.
Has anyone successfully set this up? If so, how easy is it to use?