Telefonica phone and internet

Started by Carlo, October 18, 2011, 14:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teri

I have 10mb ADSL and telefonica phone line, I get charged a compbined amount of 29.39euros a month....  Why so many differenct price plans...

I called telefonica yesterday and got put through to their english speaking department.  A pakistan voice talked back to me in perfect english, he even connected me to the technical department via a conference call so he could translate for me.  The service is improving, but not before time... I guess with all the competition around they really have no choice but to improve their service for all nationalities....

Just a thought... is the English department a call centre in Pakistan?  As everytime i have put through lately its a pakistan voice that deals with me?

stevoa29

yes carlo i have both internet and phone line with them

sangria

Just been on to Telefonica and they say 13.97 for landline plus 19.90 for ADSL 10MB.They seem to be the cheapest at the moment unless I got it wrong!No charge for connection.

potash

Be prepared for you adsl phone line charges to increase they fail to mention on the adverts that if the phone company is based in mainland spain they have started to add 18%vat to your bill.

sangria

Thanks for that John, I will be going in the morning to Rosario so will enquire!

potash

Vodafone charge vat on top for land line adsl and dongals they have decided to charge vat on bills a couple of months so just check before you sign up. sangria yes they have a good deal at present make sure its a 12 month contract because after 12 months the price jumps quite a sum you are free then to change to a new supplier and of course you will already have a land line so dead easy to defect then to a new supplier.It could well be that the tax is included in the deal for 12 months my bill shot up from 39 euro a month to 58 after 12 months.   brightspark i get 8.50mb to 9.50 mb on vodafone if you take a mobile with them your deal is even cheaper and they promise the charge will never increase.

benny90125

Hello, I'm moving to the island in just over a month, and will be needing a phone line and internet.

I'll be living in Nuevo Horizonte, any idea which provider would be best. I'm looking for about 10MB Connection and it needs to be stable enough for Skype and for playing the odd game online.

potash

over to you Brightspark

Blue Eye

Hi my name is Lisa & I work for Europa Networks, we do internet cheaper than Telephonica & we offer free British TV if you want more info call me on 638118918. Cheers.

moodyblue

Lisa
wish you had responded earler , I signed up with Telefonica last week , but suprise suprise we have not yet heard from them as to when they will come and connect me , is there such a thing as a cooling off period as there is in the UK ?

potash

Hi Lisa you web page looks good, a question for you, your wireless internet can you pay per month or are you tied to a contract for people who come to Fuerteventura  for say 3 or four times per year. got to go plane to catch[8D][8D]

benny90125

Hi, The website looks good and could be a choice for us. I'll wait to see what other people recommend us first though.

kay2215

hi we have telefonica,we get 6mb unlimited spain landlines,2000 uk landlines,500 mins to spanish mobiles at weekends 50 mins spanish mobile during the week and all for 51 inc vat wefind it great its 19,90 in this price is 4 the uk 2000 anytime landlines or u can choose a country but most would have the uk so in all fair ness we think its fab

benny90125

Thanks for that, I wont be needing the Phone as much as i would the internet, how great is the connection, do you know if Skype works fine and if the connection is stable?

Elite of the forum

I've seen the Europa system working and it looks great thinking of getting it myself
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

kay2215

hi yep i use skype all the time and also facebook chat video calling fru skype as well all great and very very fast ive had it here since october wen moved in and only had 2 ring up once was in within 4days they do say within 15days but always well before its real easy we have the pc and 2laptops i even use wifi for my orange contract mobile insted of using my data but i would realy recomend it hope u gt sorted soon x

benny90125

Thanks for that, will definitely consider Telefonica.

sangria

We have Europa and 3mb great service & great picture quality with their T.We have our Phone line with telefonica. Can use our sling box as well!

benny90125

Thanks for that Sangria, how much do you pay overall? and would it be cheaper to get separate line rental or both from them?

TamaraEnLaPlaya

We've gone with the Europa package and are pretty happy with it. Just a shame that you can't record the TV programmes.
We did have a laugh with getting our phone line installed though! Engineer called on mobile to say he couldn't find our apartment. We mentioned Mercadona in Corralejo in our directions and he said he still couldn't find us - could we meet him in Mercadona car park and show us? No problem - waited in car park for 20 mins, no sign of him. Another call - he was in white van in car park, where were we? Well, we couldn't see any white vans. Transpired he was in some town in mainland Spain!! [8)]  [8D]
I thought 'white van man' was a British thing! [:D]

benny90125

Ha ha that's quite funny, how long did they take to get everything set up and how easy is it knowing no Spanish.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

quote:
Originally posted by benny90125

Ha ha that's quite funny, how long did they take to get everything set up and how easy is it knowing no Spanish.

It took about a month in all as they couldn't send the router until the phone line was in and they had the phone number. If they (telefonica) had got the right address to start with it would probably have taken 2 - 3 weeks which I don't think is bad. Our contact was English speaking throughout so no language problems for arranging it.

benny90125

That's good to know thanks. now to decide which i should go with :P

benny90125

Also 1 more thing, we don't have a land line currently, what are the cost's of getting 1 set up?

sangria

The total cost a month is about 45 euro. That includes landline rental and ADSL.

Deso

Has anyone had any experience trying to get a phone line installed on a complex where the apartments don't have any cables in place?
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

benny90125

that's something i need to know too, there's no phone line at the apartment, but not sure if any others have them.

moodyblue

I signed up with Telefonica on 19th April and had my installation today, everything went very smoothly and the installation engineer even spoke some English which was a bonus , the whole installation only took about 45mins .
Telefonica are doing a promotion just now whereas there is no installation charge and also a free wifi router , total cost for ADSL and line rental is €39/month , this also includes 500 minutes of free calls .

PaulandSusan

I've got some brand new unlocked basic mobile phones for sale for €15.00, delivered to Caleta. Ideal as a second or Spanish phone.
Paul Davis

benny90125

quote:
Originally posted by moodyblue

I signed up with Telefonica on 19th April and had my installation today, everything went very smoothly and the installation engineer even spoke some English which was a bonus , the whole installation only took about 45mins .
Telefonica are doing a promotion just now whereas there is no installation charge and also a free wifi router , total cost for ADSL and line rental is €39/month , this also includes 500 minutes of free calls .

That's nice, I'm not sure if there is a phone line for my complex, i guess if there isn't then i wont be able to get ADSL and will have to use something else?