Running

Started by Faubus, September 16, 2015, 17:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faubus

This guy really got the right impression of the island:

http://nakedmanrunning.me/2015/09/16/naked-run-6-1-fuerteventura-beach/

QuoteWow, what an experience Fuerteventura was!

Spain is a haven for naturists as there is apparently no law against public nudity. Social acceptance and politeness, however, dictate that naturist activities are generally limited to certain areas.

However, as I learned from a Canary Island local, apparently while Franco was dictator and introduced draconian restrictions on many activities â€" including public nudity â€" the Canary Islands, as a semi-autonomous region, were not subject to the same limitations on personal freedoms. This atmosphere has been carried forward decades later.

Thank you Canary Islands!

What I found in Fuerteventura is an island where the history, the geography, the climate and the social attitudes have combined to create a naturist-friendly atmosphere (there is a huge, visible hippy/surfer subculture I haven`t noticed on the other Canary islands). No, you won`t find anyone walking down the streets of a village or a town nude. But you can comfortably go about your naturist activities on any reasonable beach and probably in the hinterlands as well, as you would only encounter the odd goat. I did a hike up a volcanic cone, naked for part of the walk.

SoCal

Since western convention is that nudity is unacceptable, should I assume this person is so odd that he has no partner? Is he so insecure he has to post images and a blog about himself? Or, should I assume that he is so secure about himself, he has no discomfort in positing this type of material? (I hope it is the latter, but far too often, it has been the former.) Again, do people enjoy spending time with him? I really hope so.  I wish his positive attitude about life and the experiences in running is so accepting that others value it. Thanks for the post.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

erik_tonny

Quote from: SoCal on September 26, 2015, 05:11:41 AM
Since western convention is that nudity is unacceptable
Presenting the narrow-minded petty morality of the usa as a western convention is disgusting.

Eric Spykes

I cant make sense of either post

Brayone

sunpics

8) Not sure what they are going on about, If you want to be naked on the island just go on a strip off and enjoy yourself. Walk , run , swim , bird watching what ever makes you happy. Just enjoy being naked in the sun. 8) 8) Sunpics

focusboy

My wife and I are runners, and I did find his article quite interesting and informative.

bepowell

There is no point in running with clothes on if you are warm enough.  I have bee running nude in the Canaries for years.  I started running the naturist beach at Masaplomas which is about 3 km each way.  The feel of nude running is incomparable.  Running without footwear is a joy but the bottom of the big toes does need care to avoid blisters.  I agree that footwear is useful if the skin gets too sore.  At Esquinzo there are other nude runners both male and female.  It is a very good workout to run to the Faro lighthouse and back about 8 km.  I often stop for the a dip in the water to freshen up, being careful not to wet my Garmin GPS.  I post these runs to Strava as "Brian Powell Lyme RC".  I also nude run the  beach in the early evening.  An awful lot of people think nudists are crazy and nudist runners totally insane.  The fact that people most have never have tried nudity or running makes me feel the sane one. If they wish to remain overweight, inhibited and textile, then fine!

suendrob

Neither of us would run naked, due to health and safety considerations. Each of us has certain large appendages which could cause injury to ourselves or passers-by at anything more than a brisk walk.  :D  :D :D

bepowell

Be serious.  That is just an excuse for never doing anything strenuous. Try nude volcano walking! I never pass anyone on the one behind Magic Life. But be careful the surfaces are treacherous.

Quote from: suendrob on November 19, 2015, 22:14:41 PM
Neither of us would run naked, due to health and safety considerations. Each of us has certain large appendages which could cause injury to ourselves or passers-by at anything more than a brisk walk.  :D  :D :D

suendrob

Quote from: bepowell on December 03, 2015, 00:20:16 AM
Be serious.  That is just an excuse for never doing anything strenuous. Try nude volcano walking! I never pass anyone on the one behind Magic Life. But be careful the surfaces are treacherous.

Quote from: suendrob on November 19, 2015, 22:14:41 PM

Believe me, I am being serious  :D  :D