Beaches & lagoons of El Cotillo in September

Started by fizzy lemonade, April 18, 2016, 08:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fizzy lemonade

We got some great info on the Grande Playas in Corralejo in a previous thread & via pm, hopefully get something similar on El Cotillo

So if we arrive and park close to Torino's, what's best then? Or should we drive a little further? There seems to be an invisible line in the sand that kind of separates the nudists from the textiles in Corralejo (a few hundred yards past the hotels)
Is there a similar line in El Cotillo?

Mrs fizzy lemonade likes to walk, she gets a little restless after a couple of hours lying in the sun, is it OK to walk north hugging the coastline, if so, is it a pleasant walk, in theory it looks like we could also walk east, just south of the lighthouse quickly crossing the road & there seems to be a stretch of beach there also (I'm just going by Google maps) is it OK to do this nude without causing offence to anybody? To be honest, I've no idea of distances on the above & it could be all just unpleasant scrubland for all I know

The beach the surfers use, south of the village, do they use the whole beach or tend to stay at the northern end, is this beach worth a visit from a naturists perspective in September?

Thanks for reading

fizzy

keelegill

We holidayed in Fuerte in September last year and frequently visted El Cotillo. La Concha beach/Torinos was a fabulous mix of cossied/naturists with the cossied at the south end and the naturists mainly to the north end but saying that there was absolutely no 'line in the sand' and everyone mixed very happily. The area to the north of La Concha was predominantly naturist and we wandered northwards without a stitch at least 3 lagoons. It made for a very nice 30 minute or so walk. You can hug the coastline doing this although you will need to hop over a few craggy bits. When you get to the 3rd lagoon above La Concha you will need to turn inland as the coast in the very north-western corner is a bit yuck (just south of the lighthouse). We therefore didn't walk all the way although I know many naturists do walk that far (but would guess the majority don't).
I can't comment on the beach to the south, although we have a plan to wander that way later this year so we'd be interested in the answer too.
Hope that helps

jg

All the lagoons both south and north of Torino's have traditionally been clothing optional although the most southerly one is now being heavily invaded by textiles.
However naturists still swim there and there is plenty of naturist sunbathing as far south as the Maravilla apartments (the ones with the blue roofs).
If considering walking north towards the lighthouse do take a pair of binoculars with you as there is usually plenty of interesting bird life to see and photograph or video on the rocky coastline and coves. I always prefer this walk to the relatively boring walk down the Grandes Playas of Corralejo.
https://vimeo.com/157480352
JG

sueandrog

As it looks like you will have a car, go slightly past Torinos and park on the drive way down to the beach (usually) plenty of cars parked there, (beach not crowded though as everyone seems to disappear). Just cover up to get from the road to the bay, then go out to the north end of the bay and then continue across the lagoon with El Caleton at the far end on onwards north to the other lagoons. As keelegill says there are some craggy bits between the lagoons, so flip flops usefull. You cannot really walk comfortably much past the last lagoon, but you will find plenty of naturists along the way. Another option is to drive towards the lighthouse and then take the track off to the right around the lagoons/bays at the top of the island. From our experience in the last few years however the first few bays have become more textile so again go to where the beach goes out into a headland, and anywhere past there is fine, but mind the soft sand if you go off the track. It has been covered before on the forum, but September should be OK with naturists back. Although we always stay in El Cotillo we last went to the surfers beach to the south a couple of years ago and the far south was more naturist friendly.     

Snowdrop

Plenty of people minus clothing on the long stretch of sand where you get the surfers. (When facing cortillo to the left of the town).  It was the most popular choice of sunbathing last week.  Though why a guy had to sit feet away from us when there was miles of empty beach goodness knows!!!!!!  Also the top layer of sand seems to have gone leaving blackish sand.  When the crust of it was broken it was lovely and soft.

SoCal

Jg, a most beautiful video. I'm envious of how you captured the images. The cinematography was breath taking. If you have other videos for those of us less fortunate to visit the naturist destination as frequently as thou, please post.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

paully

This weekend being a bankholiday, the naturist beaches to the north of the town have been taken over by half of Rosario..campers, tents etc..some naturist but most not..loads of kids and dogs...seems like Snowdrops advice south of the town might be the best place to go
I HATE computer thingyss