Light plane tour over Fuerteventura?

Started by emmi, February 07, 2014, 11:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Sensible

I haven't done a flight with them, but I did win a flight around the island 6 years ago in a raffle.  A excellent one hours flight from the airport, over Antigua, tuineje, Costa Calma. Punta de Jandia, Cofette, up the west coast, El Cotillo, Corralejo, dunes and back to the airport.

Some photos here: http://www.freewebs.com/caletafuerteventura/apps/photos/album?albumid=3808027

zedzedeleven

Wasn`t there a gyrocopter based in Cotillo once upon a time?
Mentor to the boneheads.

whispa

A few years ago I looked into having flying lessons with them, and took a 20 minute trial run, it was brilliant. Not sure if they still do flying lessons or not, but must be great fun to learn.

Will tell you about it tomorrow Emmi
whispa

Brightspark

Try a Binter flight during a Calima, that s*** is amazing, you will definitely feel like your on a light plane tour!

TamaraEnLaPlaya

My other half went up in the plane for 2 hours this afternoon as a birthday treat and said it was absolutely brilliant! It was very hot but clear today so the views were fantastic. Took off from Antigua, toured the north of the island and then down the west cost to Jandia where they landed for a very quick toilet break  ::) and then back to Antigua where they landed on second attempt! Apparently there were a lot of thermals (personally I didn't find a need for my thermals today).
I was delighted to spot a guirre circling on the thermals above the aerodrome but glad he moved off before the plane returned!
I'm going to go up in the plane for my birthday early next year - can't wait. Other half thoroughly recommends it.

isleswing

So where did you book it?

How can we find out more?

This is a 'must see' for us!

djk99

Quote from: isleswing on September 03, 2014, 10:07:15 AM
So where did you book it?

How can we find out more?

This is a 'must see' for us!
There is a link in the OP. When it says 2 seater, is that 2  + the pilot?

isleswing

I've looked at the original link, but it really doesn't give much away. I can't find any website link for them, only an email, and I suspect their English may not be very strong, so I hoped that someone who has used them already might give some info as a first stage of our enquiry. Anybody, Please?

admin

The Webewitch crew, several years ago, toured the island in a helicopter.

Brilliant.

Unfortunately that company has now moved on.

SheilaW

The trips are in an ultralight, which only take pilot plus one passenger. I don't know if this is the one that we've started seeing over Corralejo lately. It's a great experience to fly over places you know. We've done it a few times in Holland and France and would love to do it here. But we'd prefer to go up in a "proper" plane that will take both of us, and I don't think that's on offer here.

isleswing

Microlight, ultralight - sorry, you won't get me up in one of those (As the caterpillar said when he saw the butterfly go past).

I know they're safe, but I'd want to concentrate on looking at the view, rather than the raw sensation of flight.

A Cessna or similar, and one that we can both get in together, definitely, we'd go.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Other half went up in the little yellow and white plane that you can see in the link. Pilot and one passenger, side by side (dual control). No parachutes, no ejector seats - just sheer enjoyment and a very short runway! Headsets on listening to ATC and pilot/passenger can speak to each other. ( I had visions of Aradine doing the stewardesses' commercial air safety demo standing on the wing - speaking in Spanish and other half not understanding a word he was being told!)
Aradine speaks very little English, even less than my Spanish! We corresponded via email in Spanish with me using Google Translate. Just to be on the safe side I got my Spanish neighbour to phone him the day before to double-check the details.

Isleswing - I thought you were up for anything - give it a go - as far as I know there isn't a larger plane doing the tour on the island. I asked Aradine about the blue plane we have seen a few times over Corralejo beach and I think he said it was something to do with one of the bars in Corralejo - however, I could have completely misunderstood him! (He did have a blue plane of his own in the hanger, and a microlight.) Can't wait to give it a go myself - he is away for all of October if anyone was thinking of flying then.

isleswing

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on September 07, 2014, 01:07:35 AM

Isleswing - I thought you were up for anything - give it a go - as far as I know there isn't a larger plane doing the tour on the island.

Oh, we'll try anything. Been up in a private hot-air balloon on (or over) the mainland, WOW - a true experience of being up in the air! I've done a trial lesson locally, took the controls etc - absolutely fantastic, but my attention was constantly torn between looking at a familiar landscape from a different viewpoint and doing the actual flying experience. I'd do a microlite locally, for the 'up in the air. draughty' bit, but on Fuerte I'd really want the sightseeing thing.