Travel Insurance Claims Rejected - Too Much Alcohol

Started by woe10, September 24, 2014, 10:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woe10

Holidaymakers who have an accident on holiday are having their insurance claims rejected because they have had a drink or two.

We've all seen it, people getting Rat-Faced in the afternoon, after a two hour "Happy Hour" session, or just drinking all day if they're "All Inc".   Falling down, breaking a leg, or an arm etc... 
Insurance Companies have cottened on to it, and are clamping down. Don't expect to get paid out.

Full Story:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/holidays/article-2766453/How-booze-Travel-insurers-rejecting-claims-holidaymakers-drink-two-watchdog-warns.html

peggy

woe10

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

It'd take a lot of booze at the new 2% beer Tropical are supplying the AI's with (specially brewed for AI) and the total number two 'local' spirits (1% of spirit 99% mixer) for the AIs to get inebriated I'd have thought. All nicely supplied in plasic 'glasses' too  8) 8)
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

woe10

The quality of All Inclusive food and drink in Caleta is disgusting. People are being ripped-off without realising it  :'(

erik_tonny

Please explain and tell more about the total number two 'local' spirits (1% of spirit 99% mixer)

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

The brands like Tewhisk 'scotch' and all the other number two spirits that retail in c & c's for about 3â,¬ a litre. Go to a decent bar and you'll get at least a 3rd up a tubo glass of reasonable spirit, AI do about 1 finger up a tubo and top it up with mixer out of a tap.
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

woe10

Some bars are the same Hev, selling total rubbish in "Happy Hour, 2 for 1".  People think they're getting a bargain, but they get the runs and stomach ache.
They use rubbish wine also from some Cash & Carrys, that costs about 90 cents / bottle.

bridlife

Watchout, I don't agree with drink driving at all. But I will mention the Guardia Civil were breathalysing everyone driving from town to Tamaragua this afternoon at 4.30pm. I know that some people enjoy a drink or two with their afternoon meal, but its not worth it. This is normal practice by the guardia at this time.