No Police in Caleta De Fuste Last Night ( Saturday )

Started by woe10, September 14, 2014, 12:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woe10

A friend of mine called the Police last night about an incident in Caleta, only to be told by the Policeman who answered, and spoke English, that they couldn't come, because ALL the Police were in Antigua patrolling the Fiesta there.

What sort of sorry state of affairs is this. What if it had been somebody stabbed, or raped. Why ALL the Police Force.
Saturday night in Caleta. Unbelievable.

If anybody wants the number, the station is in Antigua:  928 878 024  But don't call when there's a Fiesta on.

kezw17

If that is the reason they gave, then I can't understand why, as the fiesta in Antigua Village itself FINISHED last Monday (8th)  :) Unless they meant one of the other villages covered by the Antigua municipality?? Also, there's normally only a couple of local police patrolling anyway, it's mainly guardia.
:-*

Captain Sensible

It was the Fiesta in Agua de Bueyes last night.

The mobile number for the Antigua police is 609774323

erik_tonny

If you really need police never call the local police but call the guardia.

woe10

Don't know what fiesta it was, probably Agua de Bueyes. Some things, the Guardia are not interested in, "not their job". They tell you to call the local Police.

What it is, some guests staying in Caleta Gardes Hotel on the side opposite the Alhambra, are getting no sleep from the noise. The reception say they have called the Police but nothing is being done. They suggested that they call the Local Police themselve, in Antigua, and complain. That was the number they were given. They were told by the police in Antigua they were all at a Fiesta.

Personally, I don't believe the recepionist, and secondly, the Alhambra are getting away with it. I wonder why  :'(