Club Jandia Princess

Started by beach boy, June 30, 2012, 17:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beach boy

Anybody been to the newly refurbished Jandia Princess. Just wondered what the naturist area is like and if they have extended the size of it. Is the sauna new etc. Thinking of going later this year 8)

wakey2som

We were there 6 years ago, we would also be interested in what upgrades have been made to the place.

Maria

x

wakey2som

Better staff may help too !!!

stormborn

Does anybody know if there is a hot tub in the naturist area and, if there is, can you relax in it after dinner with a few drinks.

wakey2som

Its 6 years since we were there, but there was no hot tub :(. It was a nice area though.

Maria

xxx

stormborn

Thanks for info Maria. I'm not really surprised but was hoping.

Lucy

Sunshinekid

I went to jandia princess the year before it was updated.
I was speaking to a couple at nudefest bthis year and they said it's now called the adult section and you have to pay an additional 5 Euro's a day to enter it :'(
I used the club magic life last christmas and thought it was better, but sauna is a lot smaller but they do have 2! :)

stormborn

We booked an adult room and the brochures/websites clearly state that this gives you access to all the adult only areas including the naturist pool. When we booked the cost of an adult room was no more than
the cost of a family or standard room. At some point a 2 band system was introduced, platinum for adult rooms and blue for the others, and it seems, from reading reviews/postings, that some people booked without realising this and in some instances were wrongly informed by their travel agent and TUI. 

Lucy

Sonia.s

We found out about the 2 band system after we booked and had to pay £260 to switch to an adult room for 2 weeks? Wasn't best pleased.

beach boy

Thanks for updates but are you saying that unless you pay the higher rate you are not allowed in the nudist area? >:(

Sonia.s

Quote from: beach boy on July 04, 2012, 18:00:38 PM
Thanks for updates but are you saying that unless you pay the higher rate you are not allowed in the nudist area? >:(

Both the First Choice and Thomsons make it clear on their websites that only Adult Rooms have access to the Naturist Area. There is no mention of being able to pay an extra 5 Euros a day to the hotel to gain entry but I have read postings where some people say they have done this. I have also read a review that said the TUI Representative was very defensive when guests queried this at one of the " welcome meetings".

Your best bet would be to talk to the travel company direct. They are a slippery lot so make sure everything is confirmed in writing. I can let you have the email address of several people in the Customer Service Centre if it helps - message me if you want them

stormborn

I agree with sunfun.

Why don't you check whether or not there are any Adult Rooms available when you want to go at a price you are prepared to pay. When I booked online they were no more expensive than the standard or family rooms but this may have changed.

sunny couple

We normally sunbath on the beach but are thinking of trying the naturist pool. Does anybody know how busy it gets and if you have to be there very early to get a couple  of sunbeds and a sunshade.

Sunshinekid

When i was there 2 christmasses ago, yes you had to get there early as the best places went and the same people used them. There was a policy that towels could only be let on loungers after va certain time, before this if towels were on loungers you could remove them.
I found the busiest and best time for a sauna was about 5pm a got time as the germans really like twhere sauna and made me very welcome. :)

beach boy

Just booked for November looking forward to seering what changes have been made. Got a room in the adult area at no extra cost 8)

sunny couple

Thks for info sunshinekid -much appreciated

dutchcouple70

We go to JP again in november at the Platinum area with nearly no extra costs.
The sauna is smaller with a new Hamam, the nude area was large enough when we were there last year.
We got some pics of the new version made by a friend of us, we can send them if you like. 
Can't wait to go...

beach boy

Has any body been to the hotel recenty. The latest report on Trip advisor states that the sauna is now textile. Hope this is wrong! Can any body confirm this? >:(

Sonia.s

We were there for the second half of September. Technically, the sauna is now in the textile area but in the 2 weeks we stayed we didn't see any textiles in the sauna and Au Natural was the order of the day without any problems. There are also now 2 jacuzzi tubs just outside the entrance to the naturist area and these are also officially in the textile area. Although a few textiles used them throughout the day they were 95% used by the people from tha naturist area without any problems/complaints. A word of warning if you use the jacuzzi - the water isn't heated. They refill them with cold water every morning and it was normally lunch time before the water temperature had warmed up a bit.

The naturist area has been increased in size (so the regulars told us) to include a grassed sunbathing area adjacent to the pool area and nudity is officially permitted in this area only.

beach boy

Many thanks for the update. The report on trip advisor had me worried. It all ssems like the management need to get things sorted why have the sauna textile . Good news that no one bothers though. I go on 14th November for a week. The weather is still fab at the moment. 8)

beach boy

Just returned from this hotel. The naturist area is no where near as nice as the Fuerteventura Princess of Magic Life. It is all inclusive apart from water how mad is that. The sauna is half the size it used to be and technically in the textile area. not many people use the sauna now and the hot tubs are also in the textile area and the water cold, will not be returning :(

Sonia.s

Quote from: beach boy on November 22, 2012, 10:28:00 AM
Just returned from this hotel.It is all inclusive apart from water how mad is that.  :(

When we were there the last 2 weeks of September, there was 2 small bottles of water in the room when we arrived, if we wanted water we either asked for it at the bars and got it by the glass without any problem/charge and we filled our water bottles without any problem/charge from the self service dispenser in the restaurant. There was choice of still or sparkling at the bars and you could fill as many water bottles as you wished from the self service dispensers in the restaurant - we always filled 2 large insulated flasks for the beach/pool.

beach boy

Interseting, no water in fridge on arrival and there is now a sign in the restaurant that people must not refill water bottles for health reasons?

Club Magic life next time far better :P

Sunshinekid

In Club Magic Life when I went in Dec 2011 Everything was inclusive, Water at numerous fridges scattered around the hotel, Safe, Towels and sports equipment. :)
I only wish the naturist section was larger :D