More expansion

Started by dagwood, June 13, 2018, 12:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagwood

Ryanair will open a base at London Southend Airport in April next year.

The low-cost airline announced it will operate 13 routes to eight countries from the Essex airport, including Barcelona, Corfu, Milan and Venice.

Ivemovedon

I wouldn't put it quite so strongly but it does look like someone was telling porkies.  ;)

dagwood

Quote from: Ivemovedon on June 13, 2018, 20:55:07 PM
I wouldn't put it quite so strongly but it does look like someone was telling porkies.  ;)

Probably catering for all the people who will want to get out.

paully

Yes without doubt his previous threat wasnt one at all..If he thought his dire predictions were accurate he would`nt spend a great deal on opening a new base and with 3 aircraft at that..Mind you he`s smoke mirrors and Bollo x at the best of times but clearly now feels, like some of us, that UK PLC has a good future and worth investing in  :-*
I HATE computer thingyss

Ivemovedon

Lets hope MOL's in the daily Mail tomorrow telling us all why he has had this sudden change of heart..

zedzedeleven

If you are reading this saint Michael (!) we need more flights to Fuerteventura from the north west, Speke or Ringway, either will do. Or how about you buy Blackpool and fly from there, I don`t think there is much going on there these days. Or Carlisle, I think someone is trying again up there, just cargo though is it?
Mentor to the boneheads.

Windermeregolfer

Quote from: zedzedeleven on June 14, 2018, 12:47:29 PM
Or Carlisle, I think someone is trying again up there, just cargo though is it?

Stobart operate Carlisle Airport with passenger flights operated by Logan Air that should have started on June 4th but have been delayed  to September 3rd due to difficulties in recruiting Air Traffic Control personnel.

By the way Zed how many will know where Ringway and Speke are

suendrob

Southampton (Eastleigh) SOU would suit us very well, so next time you're cuddling up to o'Leary, whisper it in his ear for us  ;)

paully

If you are reading this saint Michael (!) we need more flights to Fuerteventura from the north west, Speke or Ringway, either will do. Or how about you buy Blackpool and fly from there, I don`t think there is much going on there these days. Or Carlisle, I think someone is trying again up there, just cargo though is it?

He did fly from Blackpool back in the day before Balfour Beatty  and then pulled out when they imposed the £10 passenger tax. If they`d left it to him it would still be operating today. Southampton runway is too short for 737-800 with a full payload which is why they operate out of Bournemouth. Ryanair starting to flex their muscles at Newquay at the moment and presently operating a weekly to Faro and Alicante.....so you never know. 2019 could see some good expansion from Ryanair
I HATE computer thingyss

suendrob

Quote from: paully on June 15, 2018, 12:33:42 PM

He did fly from Blackpool back in the day before Balfour Beatty  and then pulled out when they imposed the £10 passenger tax. If they`d left it to him it would still be operating today. Southampton runway is too short for 737-800 with a full payload which is why they operate out of Bournemouth. Ryanair starting to flex their muscles at Newquay at the moment and presently operating a weekly to Faro and Alicante.....so you never know. 2019 could see some good expansion from Ryanair

M27 at one end of the runway, mainline railway at the other, unfortunately. And daughter living directly in line, just half a mile away on landing approach!
That makes three reasons they can't expand!