Restaurant 15

Started by woe10, August 23, 2013, 15:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woe10

It's a toss up between 15 and Nestor's as to which is the best in Caleta. Both great food and service.

ashworth

Lots of very good comments about 15 from friends who have been in the last few weeks. Will give it a try next week. Any tips on the best meals to try..

Paddster

Let us know how it goes ashworth,cheers  ;D

Can the Man

15 is excellent and the concept of a league table for the menu is very good, but not 100% workable.

I spoke to Rob about it before and he told me the difficulty is always have something like a Veggie option on the menu, it is always the least popular but has to stay.

I love his meals food always cooked the way I like it, however, my missus just doesnt buy into it, shes a fusy eater at the best of times.

I woudl always recomend someone to try it, and enjoy the experience, say hello to Rob for me.

Can the Man

Just had the most fantastic meal for 2

Missus had the braised shoulder of lamb with roast veg etc, what a meal, it was huge, cooked perfectly and the taste was superb.

Yours truly had the roulade of pork fillet with apple stuffing, a Camembert cream and a fruity sauce.
Perfect. Another monstrous portion.

Rob and a Jeff know how to look after their diners. ;) ;) ;)

Trumpy

Where is Restaurant 15 please

Can the Man

If you know where Fado the steak Resturant is, 15 is downstairs in the building across the road from Fado. It is Abigail yellow coloured building, with 3 levels.

Upstairs is the slap and tickle, Hemmingways and flower of Scotland bars.
Ground level on the road front are o'Fado (Portuguese), grill and garden, the cave, the Great Wall Chinese on the corner.

mikenyvonne

Excellent service, great food, good location and a really well thought out concept with the 15 meal "league table" menu. Highly recommended.

Can the Man

Had 2 absolutely fantastic meals at 15 this last week, including last night.

We were 5 people on Tuesday night and 7 people last night, and we were all served together on time with perfect food and drink, unlike some other experiences we had elsewhere in Caleta.

The latest menu has some fantastic new additions including fillet lamb with spinage and mushroom tartlet, and also a new veal dish seved with fois grais. The shoulder of lamb is monumental and enough to feed 2 people, and the deserts were to die for. Heaven.

Well done to Jeff, and special hanks to Ailish for looking after us so well.

15 out of 10

appy ammer

Have been in twice before one good one bad experience. Now they have got rid of two certain members of staff we tried again. Could not fault it. I also understand that the owner is Canadian and a Ammers fan
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

alivee

Went to "15" last night for the first time & it won't be the last . Excellent food , friendly staff and a really good atmosphere all in all a really good night . We've only been living over here for a couple of months and have been looking for a good restaurant , I think we have found it !

gattaca66

We've sampled quite a few of the restaurants in Caleta over the past two or three years, as regular visitors and following our more permanent move a couple of months ago. So far, though, we had not tried 15, but remedied that last night. Together with our son and his wife we wanted to eat relatively early in the evening, and although 15 was near empty around 6.30 ish, most tables had 'reserved' labels on! They offered to fit us in if we stayed no later than 8.30, which suited us.....and we certainly made the right restaurant choice! The four of us each had different main courses, and each was superb, perfectly cooked and nicely presented in a friendly atmosphere. I love steak but have given up asking for it in restaurants because they seem incapable of cooking it as requested. My son, however, did go for that choice, and it was spot-on...I looked at it quite enviously, but my pork fillet was very, very good too, fabulous sauce.

Eating out is so subjective, and opposite opinions can be equally valid, but all I can say is that 15 produced the best food I and my dining companions have had so far on the island, and we heartily recommend it!

olly36

Had meal there last night I had there lamb , wife had steak , absolutely stunning  both meals

Can the Man

Had a fantastic meal there the other evening, sorry to see Éilís is gone,  >:(,

gattaca66

Our sons came out to join us over Christmas and New Year, and we booked a table at '15' for Christmas Eve. Once again, had an absolutely superb meal, despite their being very busy....usually the sign of a decent restaurant! OK, it works out a little more expensive than, say, Fado Rock (which we also ate at over the festive period), but I reckon the limited menu lets them focus on getting the food right! Thoroughly recommend this place, although unless you are eating early and want to chance it, it is probably safer to book!

DARCY

Love this restaurant - best in Caleta.  Food superb and love the concept. Booking essential.

appy ammer

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

blackpug

Was over earlier in the year with in-laws. We've been to Caleta 18 times, in-laws first time. Brother-in-law thinks 15 deserves a Michelin Star. Got to agree. (Not that I'm an expert but food is that good)

Can the Man

Had a fantastic birthday meal there on Me nay night, thanks to Geoff and the staff.