Long term car hire

Started by focusboy, December 18, 2014, 10:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

focusboy

Coming out for 6 weeks commencing 16th Jan 15  8)
Does anyone know of any decent car hire for that 6 week period ?
I have looked at the best rental people, Autoreisen, Pluscar etc. and they do not give any, or little long term discounts. I cannot understand this as they only have to complete one set of paperwork and 1 clean of the car instead of 6 seperate transactions ! If not I will hire in 1 week tranches and welcome a change of clean car every week.

Cheers Tel.

SheilaW

Did you actually ask them, e.g. in an email? I've heard from others that you can get a decent discount sometimes.

focusboy

I did Sheila.
I asked Pluscar if they would give me their best price for long term rental and they replied that their only price was their Web price.
:(

Archer

I always use Pluscar for my long term rentals (6wks). Last time it was 75euro pw. Not bad, but the car was a heap of poo - 1699 CWL (I think). They have given me this wreck twice, now - hence their nickname 'Rent-a-Wreck'!

focusboy

Payless are quoting 81e Per week Web price.  :)
In comparison that looks like a good price from a decent rental company.
Will use them I think. Thanks for your input guys.
Tel

Archer

You are right. When there is only a few euro in it I will always take Payless. Got January booked with Payless already.
They will 'price match' Pluscar sometimes, but it is painful to do, involving emails, followed by a phone call to Lanzarote whilst you wait at the desk.

glenys

Payless are excellent and their prices are brilliant if you book early