'Lost in translation' makes for an intriguing read!

Started by TamaraEnLaPlaya, September 24, 2015, 23:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamaraEnLaPlaya

From Canarias7:

No trace of poison in jars cinnamon five dead

Next to a crow and a gull, they appeared lifeless in July Dam Tesjuate

The poison did not cause death in July five jars cinnamon and a raven, both protected species, and a gull found in Tesjuate dam in the municipality of Puerto del Rosario.

Service Toxicology of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the ULPGC has sent the council the results of autopsies performed these birds, ruling poisoning than initially targeted in view of the large number of copies.  Natalia Evora, Minister of Environment, states that the evidence points to the possible death in bacteria that favor the concentration of salts when little remains of drinking water.

Tesjuate Dam is located near the Taro rose, nesting Ruddy Shelduck, included in the included in the Red Book of Birds of Spain as critically endangered and in the category of special interest in the National Catalogue of Species You threatened.  Seagull is not protected if you canary crow, an endemic subspecies endangered.

;D

woe10

Google doesn't translate Canarian Spanish. Only Traditional and  Catalan. 

SheilaW

Please! That isn't translation. That's a bad case of mauling :(.

Where do those cinnamon jars come from? Are there any birds called latas or canelas?

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Hi Sheila

I've found the original Spanish article:

El veneno no causó en julio la muerte de cinco tarros canelos y un cuervo, ambas especies protegidas, y una gaviota encontrados en la presa de Tesjuate, en el municipio de Puerto del Rosario

and Googling 'tarro canela' found this bird:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tarro+canela&biw=1536&bih=750&tbm=isch&imgil=zuQWGIGGdK0s1M%253A%253BEBZPy_0k0EhzsM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fanuariorocin.blogspot.com%25252F2015%25252F02%25252Ftarro-canelo-en-monegrillo.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=zuQWGIGGdK0s1M%253A%252CEBZPy_0k0EhzsM%252C_&usg=__pWCbjFGf2GMv3GkzKnLk7TC6slg%3D

I still quite like the idea in my mind of the little spice jars lined up on a stretcher and autopsies being performed - my spice jars are always lifeless! Shame about the birds though - they look very pretty.

SheilaW

Thanks Tamara, it is indeed a handsome bird.

I'm afraid I've had spice packets (though not jars) that have been very much alive - with food moths :(.