WhatsApp for Smartphones - Free texting

Started by Carlo, September 22, 2012, 00:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

Anyone living out here, or anywhere abroad for that matter, knows how rediculously expensive texting the UK is. There's an app for Smartphones (BlackBerry, iPhone etc) called WhatsApp, which is essentially a free messanger service. Provided you are connected to the internet on your phone (WiFi through your router at home, WiFi elsewhere, roaming internet) you can contact people, in real time, for free - providing they also have WhatsApp, effectively free texting. Maybe old news to some but thought someone may find this helpful / useful.

http://www.whatsapp.com/

Carlo

Oops, probably should've put this in another section of the forum, oh well.

lynr

Whats App is brilliant!  Great alternative to texting, and good for sending picture messages for free.  My network charges 40p to send a picture message (in addition to my monthly tariff) and they are free on Whats App so definitely worth it.
Lynne

admin

ZappaRocks

I have whats app and there are many more but everyone already uses skype so I save memory by just using the one.

I don't put credit on it to phone landlines or standard phones as you either have to find a wifi connection or use your data connection which adds up.

I use masmovil though happy movil is good too, international texts are just a few cents and the calls as cheap as a net cafe.
Try to educate a fool and you become one