euros

Started by Jan1, March 16, 2013, 10:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan1

hi everyone,
i will be coming over for the 9th time in dec, but this time i have booked through the owner who lives in ireland, she said i could send her a cheque for the deposit in sterling then the remainder later but i was told to be careful about doing this due to the exchange rate so i sent e100 in cash special delivery, when the time comes to send the rest i am wondering what other ways i can get the euros to her, she does not have a pay pal acc and has not heard of moneygram if i send sterling cheque i'm not sure how much to send it for in £ any ideas anyone.
thank you.
jan1  ::)

djk99

Someone, will loose a few Pounds/Euros along the way unfortunately, that's the nature of currency exchanges  :(
You could let her work out the amount of a Sterling cheque and check it on Google, and If you're happy with that, just send the cheque and let her worry about charges at the Irish side.  Alternatively, most owners will have a local representative here..and a bank account, so she may agree for you to pay here in Euros on arrival ?? 

SheilaW

Can't you just ask her for her IBAN number and transfer it from bank to bank? I do all my national and international transfers on-line, although some banks don't authorise you to do international ones. You can normally specify that you want to transfer a different currency.

Paddster

Good advice Sheila - i was wondering myself about the probable best answer to this one,thanks  :)