caleta

Started by tubbytubby, September 17, 2012, 21:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbytubby

my wife and i have just returned from caleta after a two week holiday this was our first time in caleta i noted on the forum that there is some concern about all inclusive hotels well from our experience i can understand why people like this we were regularly ripped off in the british bars by the cost of drinks 5euros 50 cents for a pint of local and a coke is far more than we have paid this year and we have been to another canary isle and a resort on majorca talking to other holiday makers i can tell you they also thought it was to expensive plus the whole resort looks a bit run down the main shopping area was kept clean but away from that the place was covered in litter and cigarette ends this resort is a resort on the slide all the time we were there we never saw a street cleaner any where the short street that runs up the side of caleta gardens is prime example recycle bins where the rubbish is piled up the bins and the foot path covered in broken glass and was for the whole of our stay     

kezw17

Hi tt,
Sorry you didn't have a very good experience in Caleta.....
Don't know where you were drinking..???? BUT 5.50 euros for a pint of local and a coke?? No wonder you weren't happy...... :(  that round would have been 3 euros (pint of local always 1.50, to everyone, day and night) in our bar, Legends... ;D
Kez  :-*

Captain Sensible

There are street cleaners about in Caleta, but they only work Mon-Fri, and I think only mornings. :(

There used to be a lot more, but I think there have been cutbacks.

Could you please send your complaints to the local councillor in charge of tourism, Debbie Edgington - email concejalia@caletadefuste.es

I'm sure she will look into your complaint about cleanliness :D.

I can't imagine what bars are ripping tourists off with the price of drinks :o

lionfish

I think you should name and shame any bar that charges those prices. We never pay anything like that and the only restauarnt that charged us silly money for drinks had our custom once only, and never again.

chinahand

you may have had the misfortune to encounter one of those bars that have one price for local brits and another for tourists   

fatherted

I fully agree with what Tubby says about the street between Cal Gdns and El Patio? The road down the back was'nt much better at times. As regards drink prices why dont you locals have a nice wander round sampling the different places and publish a price guide with normal  and happy hour prices i/a.

ps.You dont have to do them all in 1 session :) :)

ZappaRocks

I find it hard to understand how someone can get regularly ripped off on a two week holiday. The white center is more expensive than most other places so I'm guessing it might've been around there.

Bar Studs, The Trafalgar, Dog and Duck and Planet Fun all 1.50 all day and night. That's £1.20 btw.

The Slap and Tickle and Hemmingways 1.50 until 10pm, I'm sure there are others.

Most other places do happy hour, often in the afternoon and night, normally 2.50 for two pints. Just a few off the top of my head, El Captains, Lord Nelson, Flower of Scotland, Kings Arms, Sports Tavern (also breakfast 1.80) and any pool bar.

Some restaurants like the Windmill offer 3.50 for two pints as standard.

The side road between El Patio and Caleta Gardens is where the rubbish is collected and has an ongoing dispute over the collection of restaurant rubbish. At times the bin men won't lift certain types of rubbish, you must've been lucky.

I'm sure Caleta isn't the only place to have messy side streets but it's not a complaint I've never heard. Do we book an apartment and complain because the bulb has gone in the spare room? (actually I know of a German couple who did just that but luckily that's the exception...)

There are rip off places (and services) but that's why they should be named and hopefully balanced with the el cheapo ones. If there is a reason for it or the info is wrong the forum will naturally correct it.

It's still strange why other restaurants don't follow the simple example of Fada Rock, fast service, heaps of food at a very reasonable price. It's not for everyone but clearly it works for the majority. No one in their right mind would open any place thinking I'll cater to the minority in this financial climate so why continue as if they are?
Try to educate a fool and you become one

fatherted

Whilst we were staying we had 3 different lots of visitors and all said what a lovely place Caleta is .1 couple are revisiting for 2 weeks in Nov,and the others cant wait for next Feb or March to come round again. I've also got friends visiting early Oct who are possibly a bit fussy/choosey and it will be interesting to see what their opinion of the resort will be. Only 16 weeks and I'll be back,bring it on :) :)

Paddster

Brilliant post zappa,says it all mate.....