Payments to Endessa.

Started by bullethead, March 21, 2013, 23:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullethead

Hi all
My wife and I are currently looking at properties available in Fuerteventura for our retirement. I am amazed at some of the things being said on this forum. One of the things is about payments to Endessa, it appears that very few people are receiving bills and payments are just being taken out of bank accounts by the company, some people are having substantial sums taken without even having prior knowledge of the bill. Why is this being accepted by people?
Why can't people have bills sent to their property and then they can pay the bill (if they agree with the amount requested) as we do in England?
I have also seen reference to giving total power to an Estate Agent when purchasing a property, i.e the Estate Agent suggests a Solicitor/Lawyer and between these two bodies they are given total control over the purchasers bank account. I have read in various other forums that the last thing a purchaser should do is use a Solicitor/Lawyer that has been recommended by the Estate Agent. Obviously most Estate Agents and Solicitors/Lawyers can be trusted, but certainly not all. This is what we intend to do, we will be using bodies who are totally unknown to each other, just in case.
Hoping someone can shed some light.
bullethead.   

emmi

When you sign a contract with Endesa you are obliged to give your bank details for payment purposes of the bills.  In many ways this is a good thing as if for any reason your bill is unpaid, they will disconnect you very quickly. (reconnection is not always so fast!) My neighbour had this problem and it took nearly a month to reconnect.  They do send out bills, but in many instances they do not get delivered by the Correos (post office).  This could be for many reasons.  But you can sign up on line on the Endesa website to receive your monthly bills by email. In my case the email bills come roughly a week to ten days before the payment is taken from my bank account.   

ashworth

No problem with Endessa. Set up a direct debit and forget it. You can view your payments online. Electic here is cheap, Remember you are not paying to heat a place like in Northern Europe. As for buying a property it should not be a problem dont use people who you dont like or trust. Life is about trusting your judgment lots of good people here to help you out.. This is a great place to live...   

skinny

anyone got the website address , is it easy to set up on line bills ?? like most people ive never seen a bill since ive lived here , would be nice to be able to print them off

emmi

This is the web site registration link

http://www.endesaonline.com/ES/Hogares/oficinaonline/formaltaoficinaonline1.asp

HOWEVER.......as far as I remember I needed to imput the number of  my last bill. Even with this it was not an easy exercise, as the web site is not the best to deal with.  If you do not have a bill, then I would suggest you go to the Endesa office in Puerto, explain you want on line bills etc etc. and ask them to do it for you.  You will need of course to take all your documents and your original contract.  I haven't been there recently, but am told there is now an English speaking person on the help desk should your Spanish not be up to it. Once you are registered on line, it is a great service.

the dean

Doesn't work Emmi. I went there a few different days ( just could not take the queue thing ) until finally we did get to speak to a lady to find that the person who opened my account had given a slightly incorrect address so when I get back in a few weeks I hope to find bills in my post box ( never got one in seven years )...but what I want to tell you is that (BELIEVE IT OR NOT !!) they said.....WAIT FOR IT......they could not take my email details there .....( THE ENDESA OFFICE ???!!!) and  enter them on the computer she was working on ( how could she correct my address but could not enter email address...?)....that I would have to do it online....
So far I have not tried as previously I got nowhere on the website....and of course without a previous bill was unable to get anywhere...
Its getting exciting...when I get my first bill...I hope to try again...
PHEW......!! :'(

Captain Sensible

We've received every Endesa electricity bill, through our community post box, for the last 9 years.

The bill usually arrives after the direct debit has gone out.

The good news is that electricity prices are going down by 6.7% from 1st April :D

Globetrotter

Quote from: Captain Sensible on March 22, 2013, 10:43:00 AM
We've received every Endesa electricity bill, through our community post box, for the last 9 years.

The bill usually arrives after the direct debit has gone out.

The good news is that electricity prices are going down by 6.7% from 1st April :D
Now I think thats an April fools joke, lol.

emmi

Quote from: the dean on March 22, 2013, 10:32:05 AM
Doesn't work Emmi. I went there a few different days ( just could not take the queue thing ) until finally we did get to speak to a lady to find that the person who opened my account had given a slightly incorrect address so when I get back in a few weeks I hope to find bills in my post box ( never got one in seven years )...but what I want to tell you is that (BELIEVE IT OR NOT !!) they said.....WAIT FOR IT......they could not take my email details there .....( THE ENDESA OFFICE ???!!!) and  enter them on the computer she was working on ( how could she correct my address but could not enter email address...?)....that I would have to do it online....
So far I have not tried as previously I got nowhere on the website....and of course without a previous bill was unable to get anywhere...
Its getting exciting...when I get my first bill...I hope to try again...
PHEW......!! :'(

Well it IS extraordinary I agree!  I had thought my suggestion was logical!!!!! BUT..........!  I did have success with getting my water bill also on line.  I could not do it actually on line as again the web site is rubbish, plus I did not have a bill number.  But I went to the water offices, and the young girl there did it for me, and no problems since!  Every month a bill comes on line for me.

ashworth

For some reason no payment for electric has gone out of my account since 26th March. Has anyone else a similar situation. If not I will have to go and pay at the office. Anyone got details of where it now is as It has moved from the Hospital..Thanks

Captain Sensible

Our payment for April hasn't gone out by DD either.  I'm sure they'll take it! ;)

The new office is in Puerto, behind the Trafico Office on Calle Los Jorge - just behind the Hiperdino supermarket on Calle Juan de Bethancourt.

fuerte crazy

We've got a place on the golf course and receive paper bills through our letter box every month.  We also received them for someone else up to road too !!! I think that's because all the properties have 2 numbers, 1 house number and 1 plot number.  I just take them up and post them through every time we're out there.  We pay by DD and the bills are very reasonable.
FC

annalivia

No DD for April taken either. :o

emmi

Well, my DD for Endesa went out on3 April, BUT my on line bills have stopped coming through !!! If it's not one thing, it's a another bl**dy thing!!

Captain Sensible

Ive just checked a letter that came with the bill in January, and it says that from April, bills will become bi-monthly. 

emmi

Well then that may explain it all!  This must explain the non receipt of online bill, so I didn't get a letter.

Deso

On the subject of electrickery, how much is the standing charge per month?

And water as well while we're at it?   ;D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

DaveW

I pay 0.059981 Euros/day per KW based on 5.75 KW over the period irrespective of how much electricity I burn, so it works out to about 10 Euros per month depending on the number of days covered.