Wok Slow Boat - Chinese Restaurant + Map

Started by annalivia, July 31, 2013, 19:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annalivia

If you are on a budget then I would recommend this Chinese. All you can eat for €6 on Wed. and Sat. If you don't like anything from the precooked range, then you can chose from some raw ingredients of fish, prawns or chops which will be cooked by the chef. A bit manic but cheap and cheerful.

[map]?=28.39923393437036,%20-13.858550190925598=16=Slow Boat=roadmap[/map]

lionfish

In the past I would have agreed with these comments, but my family, without me who was still flying from UK, went there tonight as they have done at least twice a year for the past 4 or 5 years and found that the food was well below the normal standard. They did complain on exit, let's hope it was a one off.

fifi

The Wok Slow Boat is very handy if you want a quick meal at a reasonable price. My advice if you are going for the buffet is to arrive early so that the food is freshly cooked.

Can the Man

Tried the buffet before, food was over cooked from sitting in warm trays, and not being replenished.

Wont be going back

charlatanefc

Been going here the last few years, usually a couple of times a holiday.  Never had a bad meal, and on occassion it has been some of the best chinese food we've had anywhere.  My missus loves the sushi in there.

However when we were there in March, we went once on a Friday, food was excellent, and once on a 30% off night (weds I think) when it was really busy and the food wasn't anywhere near as good as usual, obviously being rushed out of the kitchen.

Still, will be one of the 1st places we go when back in January

Paddster

Been a couple of times,DON'T go when it's the discounted nights - it's manic and not much fun....Not had a bad meal there as of yet......

annalivia

We had an excellent meal there again on Saturday night. Freshly cooked fish,  prawns, stir fried veg and sushi, followed by the usual chinese dishes. There were 6  adults and 1 child and the bill came to €61 including drinks of 4 glasses of wine, 2 vodkas, 6 beers and a 2 cokes. Must say it wasn't too busy which was nice. (for us). 30% off Wed and Sat and drinks are buy one get one free.

Paddster

Sorry but you won't catch me there again on the discounted nights - bloody manic and not much fun....

HelenR

I went on a Wednesday for when it opened so the food was hot and fresh, did start to get busy but we had finished by then  ;)

Paddster

Just gets too busy for me on them discounted nights,not knocking 'em,don't get me wrong.......Great place all said n done...

HelenR

If you go when it first opens its not to bad, we went in December and was quiet all night, this August was very busy later on x

Paddster

I can imagine Dec being quieter to be fair,would love to be over there in Dec - always been a dream of ours.......

Can the Man

Quote from: Paddster on September 10, 2013, 11:50:00 AM
I can imagine Dec being quieter to be fair,would love to be over there in Dec - always been a dream of ours.......

You have a lot of dreams Paddy, don't you ? ;)

like 'Living on the rock one day....'

Paddster

They're both linked in a way - guess you can't figure that out being Irish  ;D

HelenR

It was lovely in December, hot, sunny not to busy, was hoping to be there this December again but looking like January now x