Process of Buying a Car Through a Dealer?

Started by Deso, August 13, 2017, 19:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deso

I believe that a dealer can sort out temporary paper work for you when you buy from them?

Does this mean that you can turn up with 17 copies of all the necessary paper work, sign on the dotted and complete the sale on the premises rather than having to take trips to the Tax Office, Bank and Trafico?

I am planning to buy a car from Gran Canaria so would like to do it same day if possible.

TIA   :)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Deso on August 13, 2017, 19:51:37 PM
I believe that a dealer can sort out temporary paper work for you when you buy from them?

Does this mean that you can turn up with 17 copies of all the necessary paper work, sign on the dotted and complete the sale on the premises rather than having to take trips to the Tax Office, Bank and Trafico?

I am planning to buy a car from Gran Canaria so would like to do it same day if possible.

We bought ours from About cars, did all the paperwork, which there was not a lot of in my lounge in about 20 mins.

calculator

The dealer matriculates the car, etc. using their gestor. The cost will have been added to the price of the vehicle. It takes about a week from when you have handed over the money.

Your presence is not necessary until you pick up vehicle. documents requiring signitature can be done via email.

All they need from you is photocopy of passport, possibly green paper and possibly padron.

We've just done it. A shame that we had to buy in GC but unfortunately the majoreros were too ignorant, arrogant and stupid to give us what we wanted!!

spitfire58

Quote from: calculator on August 14, 2017, 09:28:28 AM

The dealer matriculates the car, etc. using their gestor. The cost will have been added to the price of the vehicle. It takes about a week from when you have handed over the money.

Your presence is not necessary until you pick up vehicle. documents requiring signitature can be done via email.

All they need from you is photocopy of passport, possibly green paper and possibly padron.

We've just done it. A shame that we had to buy in GC but unfortunately the majoreros were too ignorant, arrogant and stupid to give us what we wanted!!

"We've just done it. A shame that we had to buy in GC but unfortunately the majoreros were too ignorant, arrogant and stupid to give us what we wanted!!"

Maybe rather harsh but if you are talking about car dealers, what do you expect, never seen one yet that wanted to give me a car for what I wanted to pay, lol !!
On another note though. Did you find it worth bringing over from GC with ferry costs etc & did it present any problems with the paperwork ?? TIA

Johnrgby2

Quote from: spitfire58 on August 14, 2017, 10:21:38 AM

Maybe rather harsh but if you are talking about car dealers, what do you expect, never seen one yet that wanted to give me a car for what I wanted to pay, lol !!
On another note though. Did you find it worth bringing over from GC with ferry costs etc & did it present any problems with the paperwork ?? TIA

Nothing harsh about that SF, I have a friend in the UK who is a car dealer, and every time we meet and I shake hands with him I count my fingers. :D

spitfire58

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on August 14, 2017, 11:14:09 AM
Quote from: spitfire58 on August 14, 2017, 10:21:38 AM

Nothing harsh about that SF, I have a friend in the UK who is a car dealer, and every time we meet and I shake hands with him I count my fingers. :D

😂😂😂😂

Deso

Thanks for all the replies.
So basically it's all very simple, I'll let you know how I get on.  ;D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Deso

Well, I managed it, and all in one day.  :D 

I needed NIE, House Deeds (Escritura) and Passport. Paid cash so had to go to bank and pay in to dealers account. Bit of umming and aahing in the bank with my old NIE, from 2008, but accepted it in the end.

One word of warning, check the advertised price with the dealer as some show a price which is for purchase on finance and the cash price will be more. I knew this beforehand as I had been in touch with the dealer prior to my visit and sent copies of necessary paper work.
I arrived at the dealers just before 12 and all completed, car serviced and keys handed over just after 14.00. It meant I had several hours to kill until the 20.00 ferry but meant I could go for a decent drive and make sure everything was OK.

It might not be everyones ideal way to buy a car but it worked for me.   ;D
Regards, Neil