Author Topic: Newbies - Please introduce yourselves here.  (Read 84268 times)

Offline studio500

• BISF House.com
Re: Newbies - Please introduce yourselves here.
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2013, 21:05:41 pm »
Hello Everyone  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I thought it would be nice to say hi to everyone, as it really does look like you have a nice and friendly forum here.

We are Marc & Teresa from Sutton Coldfield, a lively happy couple fast approaching and fighting off our fifties lol

I'm (Marc) a retired Plod and Teresa is a Cancer care nurse. We are at that time in our lives when the children have fled the nest, well... fell out of it is perhaps a better description. :o and now we would like to broaden our horizons and travel.

We work most of the year in the UK and now plan to run off to warmer climes in the winter. Ultimately we would love to relocate hence our seek and explore mission.

It has been really interesting reading peoples experiences on the forum even though I have only just registered, I frequently drop by to see whats new.

The only place I have visited in the Canaries before, was the resort of Los Gigantes around 20 years ago. I don't know if it has changed much over the years but perhaps we will get chance to find out!

Offline camala78

« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2014, 07:07:51 am »
Hello one and all
We are a French couple and found your forum by chance but it is with great pleasure that we present our
That, in fact, we have in recent years at least one week per year on Fuerteventura and we love this island and that is why we plan to buy a property instead. We will come one week in February 2014 and expect to visit some Corralejo property. We already make a selection via the real estate sites and taking appointments visiting
Knowing a little more south ( Jandia , Morro Jable ) , the North and Corralejo , we want to buy everything on despite Corralejo , not for rent, but for ourselves and friends and family
However, we have seen seen some interesting announcements about the sector Tamaragua (or capeliana ) , a little on the bristol area and also the area of ??new mercadona , residencial parque natural (street guirre ) and also with the plan area geafond.Pouvez you tell me more about these different areas of corralejo ?
i think that is a forum with a majority english cummunity but we are trying better explain us
Your advice and experience on the quality of life and the same structures it may be helpful before deciding .
Thank you to all
Camala 78

Sorry for the translation , but we use google translation ...

Offline maclads

« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2014, 18:06:02 pm »
Hello all.
myself and my wife are coming to Fuerteventura on the 11th Jan for a week for our 20th wedding anniversary. it will be our 2nd visit and loved it last year. we stayed at  Caleta de Fuste last year in the Barcello hotel but next week we are staying at Corralejo in the Suite Hotel Atlantis resort.

Looking forward to another great stay on a lovely island

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2014, 15:53:54 pm »
Have a great holiday Maclads

Offline Lyndaff

« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2014, 12:26:28 pm »
Hi to you all

We are Lynda and John and we are here from 8th Jan to 30th April to see if we would like to live here - we have also brought along our Siamese cat, Minki - I have already posted a couple of things under the name lyndaff - so any help, tips etc to get us settled would be great.

We are keen golfers and cyclists and also have booked our first surfing lessons - so you can see we are fully embracing  Fuerte life.

We would like to learn Spanish and we would be grateful for any advise where we could learn the language.  Also any tips on good restaurants would also be gratefully received!!.

Really looking forward to chatting on this forum xx

Offline ronniemucker

hi im ronniemucker can anyone tell me if a duo nostalgia in fuerte
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2014, 11:03:59 am »
coming to fuerte would like to see them play again

Your first 5 posts will require you to go through the Captcha system but after that it won't bother you again.

How to pick an avatar
Profile / Modify Profile / Forum Profile / Choose Avatar from Gallery

How to upload your photos for your profile:
http://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=15775.0

For other 'How To's' check the 'Stickies' at the top of 'Queries and Questions' or 'General Chat'

Oh and Welcome to the Forum !

Offline Immlang

« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2014, 18:30:02 pm »
Hi
My name's Mike and I'm about to come to Corralejo on holiday for the third year in succession at the beginning of February.
A bit of a busman's holiday as I'm a Spanish translator, but I fell in love with Spain when I first went (in 1974 - ouch) and my wife (Janet, she used to be a Spanish teacher before she retired!) and I have never tired of all things Spanish and, in the last 3 years (we'd never been to the Canaries before that) Canarian.
The weather's currently pretty unpleasant back home where we live in the UK. That's perversely good - we'll appreciate Fuerte all the more in less than two weeks. Roll on lunch at El Horno...

Offline Stevesharon

« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2014, 20:44:54 pm »
Hi all
Myself Steve and my wife Sharon are in the process of buying a house in calleta, we have made the big decision to sell up and retire to your wonderful island.
I will be asking loads of question in the coming months hopefully I will get some great help from all of you.
Thanks in anticipation.

Offline PremierBluebird

• A clear conscience is the sign of a bad memory!
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2014, 21:25:15 pm »
Hi all
Myself Steve and my wife Sharon are in the process of buying a house in calleta, we have made the big decision to sell up and retire to your wonderful island.
I will be asking loads of question in the coming months hopefully I will get some great help from all of you.
Thanks in anticipation.

You lucky people, some great advice on here, Best of luck.

Offline Deso

• Roll on one way flight to the rock. :)
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2014, 22:16:08 pm »
Hi all
Thanks in anticipation.

Welcome to the madhouse.  :D  We have a place in Caleta and our plan is to retire there, hopefully within the next 5 years.

On the whole they are a very helpful bunch on here so you should be able to get some useful info from the forum.

Good luck.

Offline KWC

• I knew deep down Scuba Diving wasn't for me
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2014, 07:58:59 am »
Hi
My name's Mike and I'm about to come to Corralejo on holiday for the third year in succession at the beginning of February.
A bit of a busman's holiday as I'm a Spanish translator, but I fell in love with Spain when I first went (in 1974 - ouch) and my wife (Janet, she used to be a Spanish teacher before she retired!) and I have never tired of all things Spanish and, in the last 3 years (we'd never been to the Canaries before that) Canarian.
The weather's currently pretty unpleasant back home where we live in the UK. That's perversely good - we'll appreciate Fuerte all the more in less than two weeks. Roll on lunch at El Horno...

Welcome to the forum Mike.
Im sure you will enjoy the wealth of information on here and we look forward to your future contributions ;)

Offline KWC

• I knew deep down Scuba Diving wasn't for me
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2014, 08:00:25 am »
Hi all
Thanks in anticipation.

Welcome to the forum Steve and Sharon.  Lots of good stuff on here and good luck with your house hunting.

Offline Stevesharon

« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2014, 15:51:51 pm »
Thanks Kenny
Already found the house and paid the deposit, just waiting for the agents now.
We really can not wait to get out there.
Regards Steve

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2014, 22:54:42 pm »
WelcomeMike and welcome Steve and Sharon.

I have a place in Caleta, and my intention is to retire there whenever the time comes  :D

Offline dee-dee

• See ya in Fuerte
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2014, 23:00:27 pm »

I have a place in Caleta, and my intention is to retire there whenever the time comes  :D
I thought you had a place in Corrie,Can?  ;D

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2014, 20:52:43 pm »

I do Dee, that's my rental place, the place in Caleta is the family home from home.  ;)

Offline dee-dee

• See ya in Fuerte
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2014, 07:10:10 am »

I do Dee, that's my rental place, the place in Caleta is the family home from home.  ;)
Aah...well loaded then  ;D ;D

Offline Deso

• Roll on one way flight to the rock. :)
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2014, 17:33:15 pm »
Drinks on you in March then Can.   ;D  :P

Offline d.roberts

« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2014, 21:33:44 pm »
Hi my name is Debra and my husband and I have a place in Calletta with the intention of retiring there in the next few years, all being well? We visit together and I also bring my mother out for a few weeks. I love the area, people and environment and having recently returned to the Uk am missing Fuertuventura

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2014, 17:19:24 pm »
Hi my name is Debra and my husband and I have a place in Calletta with the intention of retiring there in the next few years, all being well? We visit together and I also bring my mother out for a few weeks. I love the area, people and environment and having recently returned to the Uk am missing Fuertuventura

Welcome to the forum Debra, we hope that you will be a regular contributor.

Offline camala78

« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2014, 15:44:43 pm »
Hello we are a French couple who love fuerteventura and preparing to buy a place, but we hesitate on the choice of: house or apartment?? By cons, the city will Corralejo
We will definitely spend a week in winter and three weeks in August
Maybe other extras in the day according to our schedule
We look forward to be
it will be from February 16 to 23 and we will visit several properties
Here's a big hello to you from FRANCE ... In fact, French, there are many on Correlejo or Tamaragua?
Good day in the sun

Offline Mad Dog

« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2014, 15:59:16 pm »
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I are returning to Corralejo for a holiday, March 19th for a week. We have fallen for the place and have hope one day, Corralejo will be where we live. We can dream!

We hope to meet some new friends this time, maybe people who have made Fuerte their home and we can gain some advice.

Elliot & Dalila x   

Offline bonzowicked

« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2014, 14:06:34 pm »
Hiya,

I was pointed towards this forum by the "Naked Rambler", aka "dampsquib".

Currently in Esquinzo area ..... regular visitor for a number of years  8)

Bonzowicked

Offline Ironworks

« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2014, 12:22:53 pm »
Hi all

We've just taken our first baby steps towards a possible permanent move to Fuerte.

We only decided to start this adventure at Christmas, so it's all happened pretty quickly.

Arrived yesterday, currently living at Lobos Golf Villa in Corralejo for the next 50 days (business means a brief 2-week return to UK at end of April), and got ourselves a car through Cicar (thanks to info found on here).

So we've got 50 days to decide whether we move on to Stage 2, specifically a year long rental. If we do that and are still happy, the final step would be buying a home here on the Island.

We've moved here from a sleepy village in Berkshire, so the relaxed pace here shouldn't be too much of a culture shock. Worse case scenario is we'll now be bored in a warmer climate  ::)

We're also fortunate in that I own a business in the UK which can be run remotely from here, so have a decent UK income to live on.

I'm a bit of a tech nerd - already have router set up here that reports us as being in the UK, so we can stream BBC iPlayer, Netflix, use Skype etc as if we still in England  - will be glad to share info as we get everything fine tuned.

We'll also be happy to share our findings on topics we are investigating (longer term alternatives to Car rental, longer term house renting etc). But be patient, we are still finding our feet, so we'll have more questions than answers for quite a while yet :)

Offline appy ammer

« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2014, 12:41:28 pm »
Sent you an email ironworks

Offline Ironworks

« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2014, 12:58:43 pm »
Sent you an email ironworks

Replied  8) COYI

Offline thealchemist

« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2014, 01:19:06 am »
Hello from my vacation in Venice  8)

Offline jamjar

« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2014, 09:05:31 am »
Hi we are regular visitors to the island, out again in April when we will be on a fact finding mission as well as chilling out, planning to move to Corralejo in 2 years time when I retire.

We will be looking at renting rather than buying and have been keeping an eye on the forum for a while and also researching various aspects of moving to the island. The forum is a great source of information as you cannot beat advice from folks who have already made the move.

In particular we are having trouble getting our heads around the financial aspect, we will have pensions as well as the state pension,  income from investing the proceeds of the sale of our house in the uk, and a healthy current account balance. Is it best to transfer  funds from UK monthly, or have income paid direct into a Spanish bank?

Cheers

Steve & Margaret

Offline Jamie Magic

« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2014, 00:02:44 am »
Hello everyone.  It feels great to be part of the Fuerteventura Forum.

I'm Jamie & I'm very excited to be moving to the Island next month with my Spanish girlfriend Davinia.

We are both Yoga Instructors.   I am also a Hypnotherapist and she is a Make-up Artist.

I'm interested in healthy vegetarian food, permaculture, eco projects, small-scale farming, low-impact buildings, scuba diving, and funny people. 

My favourite food is coconut!

As soon as possible we need to buy a 125cc scooter, rent a little plot of land, and adopt a dog.... the rest will happen as and when.

For now, Ive joined your forum to get some info, and meet some people.

Looking forward to discovering a magical place.
 8)

Offline Wildfeet

« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2014, 09:01:29 am »
Hi there my names Clare,
My family and I are looking to move out to fuerteventura in the next few months and are looking for somewhere to stay if anyone is able to help us out we would be very grateful   :D