Author Topic: Newbies - Please introduce yourselves here.  (Read 87750 times)

Offline Paddster

Re: Newbies - Please introduce yourselves here.
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2013, 08:11:27 am »
Welcome mikster,saw your post about the shirts on the CD thread,Capt will be able to answer that one,maybe you should pm him,welcome to the forum...... :)

Offline pensionista

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2013, 18:41:37 pm »
Hi ... decided to sign on so I'd get the latest news and issues here in Fuerte.  Love the island, best decision of my life to move here full time 18 months ago.

Offline Geebicus

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2013, 18:18:37 pm »
Hi - new here, visiting the island in May this year.  Very excited.  Not had a foreign holiday for as long as I can remember so really want to make sure we have a blast.  We as in, myself, my husband and my daughter who's 10.  We are staying at Las Masmaris in Correlejo - s/c so especially interested in finding out where is good to eat!

Offline SheilaW

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2013, 19:01:15 pm »

Offline anniegetyourgun

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2013, 16:17:31 pm »
hello i am wanting to find someone who lives in fuerteventura , tis site is new to me so could someone guide me to where i can ask that question.
also im not that good on a computer too
thanks
annie

How to pick an avatar
Profile / Modify Profile / Forum Profile / Choose Avatar from Gallery

Oh and Welcome to the Forum !
[/quote]

Offline fifi

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2013, 13:13:16 pm »
hello i am wanting to find someone who lives in fuerteventura , tis site is new to me so could someone guide me to where i can ask that question.
also im not that good on a computer too
thanks
annie

Helo and welcome to the Forum. Try posting on the Questions and Queries section of the Forum. :)

How to pick an avatar

[/quote]

Offline Libwindram

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2013, 21:26:08 pm »
Hello.
A newbie to this forum, but not a newbie to this island. My husband and I have been coming here since....the only place to buy petrol in Fuste, was from a pump down on the harbour and instead of half finished apartments, chipmunk mountain had chipmunks.
We've seen lots of changes, sadly many of them for the worst, but stil we love this place, visiting spring and autumn.

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2013, 22:01:06 pm »
We have had a couple of holidays in Gran Tarajal, & spent Jan & Feb this year in a bungalow up Montana Blanca (chipmunk mountain)

We felt so much better for being on the island during the English winter (I have some spinal problems as well as arthritis) that we are buying a place in El Cotillo.  We had been planning on renting, but that now appears to be a potential minefield, so we probably won't bother & simply keep the place for ourselves & family.

I may well run photography courses - once I have checked out a lot of photogenic spots, which won't take too long on FV!  Also hoping to find some friendly boat owners who will be happy to take me along on fishing trips in exchange for money / working on the boat / a few pints or whatever.

Would be happy to hear from any Brits in El Cotillo, Roque, or the surrounding area.  Are there any walking / photography / general social groups in that part of the island?

I am finding this forum a valuable source of information - my thanks to all who have replied to my questions so far!!   ;D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 22:06:01 pm by NorthernLights53 »

Offline sal

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2013, 21:29:56 pm »
Hi - not exactly a newbie, but not been here for a while.

Good to be back though and hoping to visit Fuerteventura again late this year!  :D

Offline sal

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2013, 21:38:51 pm »
Can't find an appropriate thread, but would like to ask people's opinions on different resorts. A couple of years ago we stayed in Corralejo and absolutely loved it.  We are thinking of returning to the island later this year and though about Calleta de Fuste.  What do people think?

We have been holidaying in Tenerife for many years and had intended to retire there at some point, but on our one visit to Fuerteventura, we are rethinking our future. Any pros and cons for us please?

Offline dizzy dora

« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2013, 21:16:49 pm »
Hi Have just had to re-register, as I couldn't remember my password & old email address.
Just back from another 2 weeks in Corralejo, & love reading all the news. Have been visiting since 1993.
Not really Dizzy Dora....my name is Angie

Offline yvonne42

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2013, 00:12:40 am »
No obligation - some people like to remain anonymous - but please use this thread to let us know a bit about you.

Your first 5 posts will require you to go through the Captcha system but after that it won't bother you again.

How to pick an avatar

Hi everyone my name is Yvonne, Been to Caleta De Fuste on holiday for the past few years. My Aunt has a small villa so it's always been a case of cheap flights and away we go!!!
My parents have been coming for years and recently for longer periods as they have both retired.
They absolutely love Caleta and are thinking of settling on a permanent basis next year. I would  also love to make a more permanent move and would welcome any advice... How easy is it to obtain work in Caleta and what type of work is mainly available for both myself and partner ??   We're both in our early 40's

Many thanks

Offline strada

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2013, 13:49:53 pm »
Hello  ;D
Only recently found you guys,what a wealth of knowledge there is about the island.
We will be on our 3rd visit to caleta in a week or so ,love the place,just wish we could visit more often.

Offline SheilaW

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2013, 16:41:24 pm »
How easy is it to obtain work in Caleta and what type of work is mainly available for both myself and partner ??
There's 35% unemployment here, Yvonne (more than in mainland Spain), and that means an awfully long queue for every job, which in turn results in average pay rates that are abysmally low. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but you do need to have a very solid way of maintaining yourself sorted out before coming over to live.

Great to hear you enjoy your hols so much: maybe better to settle for that than to ditch what you've got and risk failure here. It is sad to see the number of dreams that get shattered, often resulting in divorce as the stress eats at the relationship.

Jo Simpson

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2013, 15:34:08 pm »
Hi, Im Jo
myself and husband, Steve, have recently bought a property in Caleta de Fuste ater years of wishing and dreaming.
We first visited the Island in 1998 and just fell in love with it.
We hope to spend many long weeks there and my daughter her partner and my grandaughter hope to move there very soon too.
Jo :)

Offline si2008

• would love to live in caleta
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2013, 15:35:31 pm »
Hi, Im Jo
myself and husband, Steve, have recently bought a property in Caleta de Fuste ater years of wishing and dreaming.
We hope to spend many long weeks there and my daughter her partner and my grandaughter hope to move there very soon too.

welcome to the site jo...

Jo Simpson

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2013, 16:49:23 pm »
Thank you Si :)

Offline Hitman

Hi my name is Dave
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2013, 17:40:15 pm »
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 17:48:52 pm by Hitman »

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2013, 23:01:26 pm »
Hi, Im Jo

Welcome Jo and Steve, I hope you will be very happy in Caleta, it's a great place. I visit there about 4 times a year.  8)

Jo Simpson

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2013, 11:13:48 am »
Thank you Can the Man  :D

Offline Mr Boo Boo

• Everything is impossible until it is done
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2013, 12:20:32 pm »

Offline Paddster

Re: Newbies - Please intr oduce yourselves here.
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2013, 11:54:27 am »
Welcome Graham - when are you next over in Fuerte ?
Paddy

Offline canarybelle

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2013, 00:04:38 am »
Hi everyone.

We are popping over to the island next month for a few days, bit of business & pleasure.  We have been residents of the Canaries for the past 8/ 9 years (live on Gran Canaria) and fell in love with your island earlier this year.  We are staying in Corralejo but plan to do a tour of the island. We love to experience any local fiestas/customs/events that take place, not into partying nowadays, been there done that,  bodies are slightly worn but we are still very young at heart.  Much prefer lounging around on the beach on a weekend with a nice cold beer not too far away.  Are there any events happening between 10 - 14th July? Any bars in Corralejo that have live music?  Thanks.

Offline SheilaW

« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2013, 23:20:07 pm »

Offline Geordie16

Carmel & David
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2013, 10:23:03 am »
Hi, We have been going to Fuerteventura for fifteen years now. We  have a house at Costa Antigua, and try to get there two or three times a year.  However, as we are from Northern Ireland, our bigest problem is getting to Fuerte! Some of your members are complaining about expensive and delayed flights; the only flights from NI (autumn & winter only) were cancelled completly last year! We now have to travel to Dublin to get a flight! Are there any other NI folk who have this problem? 
We love the island, and hope to spend more time there when we retire, (in the not too distant future). We came across your site by accident, and think it is great. We discovered, for example, that when the Town Hall raided our bank account earlier in the year,  they were taking the taxes early. No one (not even the accountant), was able to tell us about this, but thanks to your site, we found out what had happened!
Carmel & David

Offline wendyc

« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2013, 22:03:37 pm »
Hello, I'm not sure that I am doing this correct but here goes.

I'm Wendy and my husband and I are planning on going to the Barcelo Castillo beach resort some time in Feb or March 2014.
We have never been to this part of the world before. We went to Lloret de Mar way back in the 80's and to a resort in Malaga  for a long weekend in the 90's other than that most of our holidays have been in the USA.
We are looking forward to the holiday and some winter sun :)

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2013, 23:56:57 pm »
Hello, I'm not sure that I am doing this correct but here goes.

I'm Wendy and my husband and I are planning on going to the Barcelo Castillo beach resort some time in Feb or March 2014.
We have never been to this part of the world before. We went to Lloret de Mar way back in the 80's and to a resort in Malaga  for a long weekend in the 90's other than that most of our holidays have been in the USA.
We are looking forward to the holiday and some winter sun :)

I am 110% sure you will have a great holiday Wendy & co.  8)

It is a fantastic island, you either love it or you love it  :)

Lots to do and chill out relax and get some sun.

Great people, whether Canarian or ex pat Irish or British  8)  8) 8) 8)

Offline mickboy

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2013, 20:25:55 pm »
Hi Folk this is a great forum. Been coming to Fuerteventura for 5years now at least twice a year.

Love the relaxing atmosphere, love the beaches, love being able to relax with no hassles.

Cant wait for 15th August when we are back again in Corralejo.

Great forum as well.

Mickboy

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2013, 10:04:57 am »
Happy holiday Mickboy  8) 8) 8)

Offline Hardcore

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2013, 19:29:30 pm »
Hi all,
I am from Scotland. Really interested in the possibility of being able to own a property in Fuerteventura one day. :)