Author Topic: WALKS - TUESDAY, THURSDAY & SATURDAY NOVEMBER DATES  (Read 54497 times)

Offline whispa

Re: WALKS - TUESDAY, THURSDAY & SATURDAY (Saturday's meet has changed)
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2014, 11:19:37 am »
Hi Magoo, sorry can't help you there. I've driven to Cofete also more recently got the new 4 x 4 bus from Morro Jable for a cost of €2.50 each way. If you check the posts by Captain Sensible a video of the journey there, much easier than walking. If I'm correct it's approximately 26 kms off road. The furthest we have done is Las Salinas to Pozo Negro!! Good Luck if you do it.

Cheers Freda

Offline Magoo

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 15:03:31 pm »
Hi Freda

I wasn't planning on walking all the way from Moro Jable. There is a "Car Park" at the start of the footpath & the walk one way would be about 4 - 5 miles over the mountain. There are photos of the route on Google Earth

Thanks Anyway

Magoo

Offline Roar of the Rovers

• domestic goddess is our Jon
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2014, 17:57:47 pm »
Ive done the walk a couple of years ago ,got caught on the top in a shower couldnt see much at all ,its quite an easy walk you can do it in trainers easily ,i have some photos somewhere but i cant remember how to post em,my photobucket account wont let me

Offline Swordy

Re: WALKS - TUESDAY, THURSDAY & SATURDAY
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2015, 19:17:03 pm »
Just a quick note of thanks to all the lovely walkers for your company on the Saturday walk, while I was recently over.  I look forward to seeing you again in May.   8)

Offline whispa

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 16:27:19 pm »
Thanks Swordy, nice to meet you too, bet you can't wait to get back in May? Look forward to seeing you then.

Cheers Freda

Offline Jane L A

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2015, 07:52:08 am »
We joined the walking group this week and would like to thank Whispa and all the others in the group, both human and canine, for two lovely walks. We look forward to seeing everyone again soon.
Jane L A and MLA

Offline whispa

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2015, 10:53:18 am »
Thanks Jane L A and MLA it's always nice to meet new people and I hope we see you again before you go back.

Cheers Freda

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2016, 09:15:34 am »
Hi Freda

Elaine and I are over for 11days 20/2 and then another 11days 18/4 staying in a villa on Las Salinas Golf and would be interested in joining you.  How far do you normally walk and what type of foot wear is needed? We can manage a steady 500mt up hill walk :D but not a Climb :(

Thanks in anticipation

John

Offline whispa

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 14:42:58 pm »
Hi John n Elaine, thanks for your interest in our walks. They aren't strenuous walks, mostly level, so sandals will be fine. We are looking to do a more serious walk which involves hills and track walking, so keep your eye on the updates on here. Normally finished by lunch time, with a break for coffee. We call it social walking to make friends. Looking forward to meeting you both.

Cheers Freda

Offline MalT

• Bluebirds
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2016, 08:36:54 am »
Is there a similar walking club on correlljo?

Offline whispa

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2016, 10:33:49 am »
Hi, I'm not sure, but if you put a post on here to ask or maybe start up your own group. We've made a lot of great friends and learned a lot too as everyone has had different experiences over here in Fuerte. Good luck

Cheers Freda

Offline MalT

• Bluebirds
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2016, 12:05:06 pm »
Thanks Freda will do that

Malcolm

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2016, 00:14:30 am »
Hello Malcolm
I raised a similar query to Freda/Whispa a couple of years ago about a walking group in the north of the island but never got around to doing anything about getting a group going. Why don't you start a new thread (freeing up this one for Whispa's group) asking if anyone else is interested -  start small and see how it goes? I organised a hiking group in the UK for over 20 years and it was very rewarding, both the walks and the social aspect, although I can't manage steep hills or rough ground these days which does limit me somewhat out here!
Happy to discuss offline - PM me?
Regards, Tamara

Offline whispa

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2016, 15:41:13 pm »
I'm sure you will get a lot of interest in Correlejo, I'll keep my eyes open for your link!! Maybe we can join up once in a while. Good luck

Cheers Freda

Offline MalT

• Bluebirds
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2016, 10:36:37 am »
I think something like that needs someone with more local knowledge, however, we are moving over semi permanently next year and if no one has taken up the mantle, then I will give it a go, only proviso is, being Welsh, I need regular stops at'watering holes'. 

Offline Rich000

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2016, 12:28:25 pm »
We do have one in Corralejo. FB 'Corralejo Walkers Group'. Apply to join and then you can see what we do from all the pics. Fridays tend to be a volcano climb (optional though if you want to just stroll around the bottom), Tuesdays are more level but tend to involve Barrancos, Malpais or bedrock areas. Normally last about 3 hours but we do always end up in a bar. Normally Pablo's in Tama so the drivers can have one or 6.

Offline whispa

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2016, 13:30:12 pm »
Hi rich, thanks for your info on Correlejo walks, I have tried to locate you on FB without any luck, it would be good once in a while to meet up with you as some of our walkers are a bit more adventurous, so would be nice to do something a bit different. Maybe I'm entering it wrong???? Perhaps you can email me your link please fiftyplusinfuerte@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks Freda

Offline MalT

• Bluebirds
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2016, 14:32:31 pm »
We're definitely interested, back out November and new year, how do I contact you regarding your walks? Thanks

Offline Rich000

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2016, 18:57:58 pm »
FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/1683916468519257/ apply to join as closed group., I'll add you in and you can look at all the photo albums and want to come, join in

Offline justthe6ofus

• Trying. Always trying.
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2016, 13:26:23 pm »
We do have one in Corralejo. FB 'Corralejo Walkers Group'. Apply to join and then you can see what we do from all the pics. Fridays tend to be a volcano climb (optional though if you want to just stroll around the bottom), Tuesdays are more level but tend to involve Barrancos, Malpais or bedrock areas. Normally last about 3 hours but we do always end up in a bar. Normally Pablo's in Tama so the drivers can have one or 6.

I've searched for this and can't find it under pages or groups on FB. Could you post a link please? I'd like to join some of your walks when we're there. Thanks.

Ignore me! I've just seen your link in subsequent post and have asked to join!  :D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 13:27:56 pm by justthe6ofus »

Offline whispa

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2016, 13:29:51 pm »
The link for the Correlejo walks are on the previous link by Rich000. Enjoy  :)

Offline MalT

• Bluebirds
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2016, 09:26:24 am »
Just joined, thanks 😎

Offline Windermeregolfer

• Keeping Calm
Re: WALKS - TODAY'S WALK CANCELLED DUE TO HUNTERS WITH GUNS!!!
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2016, 09:09:24 am »
Hi Freda - What is this all about, Hunters with Guns?

Offline whispa

Re: WALKS - TODAY'S WALK CANCELLED DUE TO HUNTERS WITH GUNS!!!
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2016, 16:48:59 pm »
Hi Windermeregolfer, I'm waiting for an update on the laws, but it appears that the hunters shouldn't be hunting during the week, it is only on a Sunday. They are also not to use guns until 11th September and that goes on until the end of November. I can only assume they are hunting for rabbits, which are very scarce, we never see any on our walks. 10 years ago they were in abundance here, but not now. If I get more information I will post on here.

Cheers Freda

Offline Windermeregolfer

• Keeping Calm
Re: WALKS -HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2016, 10:41:53 am »
A Happy Christmas and Healthy Prosperous 2017 to you Freda and all the walkers, hope to see you the first week in February  ;D

Offline itsonlyme

Re: WALKS - TUESDAY & SATURDAY
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2017, 10:50:44 am »
Hi.  Are you only walking on Tuesdays?   Would love to join you but that is the one day we can't do!

Jill

Offline whispa

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2017, 12:23:20 pm »
Hi Jill, check the dates for Saturdays too. Any problems email me direct fiftyplusinfuerte@yahoo.co.uk
A few of us meet on a Thursday for inland walk. I walk everyday as I have a dog, so happy to meet up any time.
Look forward to seeing you.
Cheers Freda

Offline whispa

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2017, 17:31:37 pm »
PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR DETAILS OF WALKS or checkout on Facebook in SOCIAL WALKING GROUP  8)

Offline c matthews

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2017, 15:19:43 pm »
WHAT IS PHOTO BUCKET THIRD PARTY .CANT SEE YOUR PHOTOS,

Offline whispa

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2017, 08:12:15 am »
Hi c matthews, sorry I'm not sure but maybe someone on here will know. Shame because they were great photos  :(