Author Topic: Bar Cafeteria La Concha vs. Bar Torino: the battle of the Cotillo beach bars.  (Read 8963 times)

Offline SoCal

• Life is far too short....

Offline bedouin

What a fabulous report!  Looking forward to many more - how many restaurants and bars are there in Fuerteventura?  More importantly, how long are you staying?  I'm visiting in a month's time; do you have vacancies for guest reviewers?

Offline SoCal

Follow up: Torino's is open until the Sun sets.

I did follow up with a visit back. The Sun was spectacular and I read and absorbed as many UV photons as possible until the clouds intervened. My meal was squid and octopus. It was very tasty, well grilled, but a bit tougher than I would like and as I remember. However, I see myself ordering it again. With a large beer, a glass of vino and a shot of Canaries own Hierbos (spelling?), which has become my favorite digestivo, the charge was ridiculously inexpensive at around 17 euros.

The air chilled, I tightened my wrap, and rode back. (Okay, with the wrap riding up on my waist and flapping in the breeze, I was doing a good job mimicking JG. But, who cares in FUE.) With the multi-hour bike ride before, it was the ending of a fine day.
-----

Now to answer your question. I am here until the end of June. Would be happy to meet fellow forum members. So far, the ones I have been willing to admit the wanted to meet me have been delightful. 

The reality is that there are many places though I do probably spend most of my time at only a few of them. In addition, my apartment complex has been overrun by families on holiday break. Hence it is more pleasant to spend my time elsewhere. Feel free to add as may contributions desired. One place on my list, La Marisa, JG and suerob have covered it well. Not sure what I will be able to add.

Offline Ivemovedon

and the winner in quality of toothpick?

Offline SoCal

and the winner in quality of toothpick?

:D :D :D   ;)

Offline SoCal

Bar La Concha appears to be still going, but Bar Torino is now closed. In a couple weeks Torino's will reappear at La Concha.

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
Any idea what is happening to the bar (Torrinos?) at La Concha beach? Appeared deserted today, no furniture in sight anywhere, according to friends who passed there today.

Offline Logitechtom

• Birmingham/El Cotillo 50/50
Bar Torino's is closed until the 20 June, for holidays (it says).  I thought it was an odd time of the year to close for two weeks when many other bars close in May, but there you go.

A lift birdie told me that following his illness, Torino is house hunting in the UK!

Tom