Author Topic: What's the Weather Like? - October 2015  (Read 7285 times)

Offline MLA

What's the Weather Like? - October 2015
« on: October 01, 2015, 06:39:09 am »
El Cotillo... Can anybody give a live weather report from here? I'll be back in Cotillo in 4 weeks. The forecasts on the web say that there will be some cloud cover that may clear during the day. Gentle breeze with temperatures in the mid 20's. Outlook for the weekend sunny and warm, temps reaching 30c. on Sunday.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:54:22 am by MLA »

Offline concerned cat

• Age & treachery will always overcome youth & skill
Re: What's the Weather Like? - Oct 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:04:54 am »
Sorry can't help with the weather but we're also there in 3 weeks & 2 days time!

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 08:29:24 am »
We will be there, El Cotillo, on 31st for a few days  ;D I am keeping my eye on the weather via the Soul Surfer Hotel live webcam - http://www.hotel-cotillo.de/en/live-cam.html

Offline MLA

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 08:47:18 am »
Thanks, concerned cat and Windermeregolfer.

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 01:22:41 am »
Corralejo (Thurs 1st) - bright and sunny morning with light breezes from E or SE. Increasing cloud so didn't head off to the beach, actually became high cloud/hazy but still pretty hot during afternoon. Could see at least one yellow flag mid Grandes Playas from a distance. Eve very pleasant and now down to 24C, brrrr, at 1.20am. Forecast good for Friday.

Offline gattaca66

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 13:25:53 pm »
Caleta, Friday, at just after 1.00 pm. Some light early cloud disappeared by 10.00, currently cloudless but very slightly hazy, really nice day. Wind relatively light, temperature in the shade currently 30.2 degrees. Spent yesterday on the beach at Sotovento, very similar weather to today down there. Maybe a couple of degrees cooler than July/August, but much easier to spend time out in the sun. Sea temperature very nice too, can't give it in degrees but it was the sort of temperature where you could stay in all day. Have noticed that the pool temperature is slowly but gradually dropping now, again maybe 2 degrees down on peak summer!

El Cotilo - was there for the day on Wednesday, some early cloud clearing to give a nice clear and warm day over the lagoons. Sorry, not a current weather report, but as close as I can give!

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 23:55:52 pm »
Corralejo (Fri, Sat & Sun!) - sorry to lump them all together - can mainly be described as hot and hazy. Little or no breeze, the little has been onshore from the SE. Grandes Playas mostly green flags with beautiful swimming conditions - today the sea was the calmest I think I have ever seen it, no visible swell and surface like a mirror most of the time, water crystal clear with lots of fish to be seen. Sea temp around 23C although shallow patches were more like bath water! Little has been seen of Lanzarote for a few days - it comes and goes through the haze - what has been noticeable is the sound of the planes taking off from Arrecife, the weather conditions seem to be rolling it across the water. Temp on beach was  43C at 3pm today (45C yesterday) - tomorrow, Monday, a heatwave is forecast - goodness only knows what it will reach!

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 00:07:01 am »
Corralejo (Mon) still hot and hazy with thankfully a little more breeze. Grandes Playas - low 40Cs during the afternoon as the steady offshore NW breeze kept the heat bearable. Yellow flags along the beach but little swell and only a few small waves - would have thought Green flags more appropriate. Sea lovely for swimming again, still 23C, did get a free fishy pedicure today! Noticed the Soccoristas have changed to 'winter' hours - the patrols stop at 4pm now regardless of the weather/people on the beaches. Headed home late afternoon when the temp on the beach dropped below 40C - it felt positively chilly! So the predicted heatwave was really no different to recent conditions.
Still 27.5C outside at the moment, midnight, and quite humid.

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 00:01:48 am »
Corralejo (Tues) very hot again although less hazy. Little or no breeze. Grandes Playas back to Green flags - a bit more of a swell and some nice waves to play in, water still 23C. However, it reached 49.4C on the sand at 3pm!! A small breeze started to form from the NE a couple of times but it seemed to lack the energy to get going - like most of us on the beach this afternoon - and the flags barely fluttered! Lanzarote started out fairly clear but it 'hazed up' during the afternoon.
Another nice day forecast for tomorrow.

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 00:17:18 am »
Corralejo (Weds) the haze had gone, sky a nice bright blue again. Steady N or NE breeze bringing some welcome fresh air but quite a lot of cloud on and off throughout the day, some quite grey and threatening looking but not a drip from the skies. Still nice and hot, mid 30Cs during the afternoon. Red flags at Grandes Playas so didn't head on down there today. Temp down to 25C outside now so a more comfortable sleep in store for tonight hopefully.

Offline Archer

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2015, 10:34:52 am »
Morro Jable - second day that it has started grey and overcast. Now raining quite hard. Winter draws on!
PS: If you are coming on holiday, don't worry, there's still plenty of sun and still getting into the 30's.  8)

Offline silent_running

• Always looking for the Sun and Fun!
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2015, 12:22:41 pm »
El Cotillo at 7am was 24C. Rain showers this morning.
Overcast with some sunny intervals at midday. Warm though.
Guess ex-storm Joaquin's tail end is down here, it is currently sat at the end of the peninsular.

Offline MLA

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 15:48:22 pm »
El Cotillo...

3.45pm

Looks like your having a cracking day there. I will be over in 3 weeks, resuming live forecasts throughout the winter. 

Offline Windermeregolfer

• Keeping Calm
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 17:30:34 pm »
El Cotillo...

3.45pm

Looks like your having a cracking day there. I will be over in 3 weeks, resuming live forecasts throughout the winter.

I keep looking at this live cam to check what we might expect for when we get there on 31/10 for a few days ;D looking forward to it.

Offline Archer

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 17:32:08 pm »
Much the same in Morro Jable. Cloudless sky and only gentle breeze.
It's a little cooler first thing in the am, but I'm sure you'll get great weather MLA.
This the best weather.  8)

Offline MLA

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 08:54:18 am »
El Cotillo...

8.55am

Outlook, a mix of cloud and sunshine with the possibility of a light shower during the morning, clearing to leave a sunny afternoon. Temps mid 20's

Offline MLA

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 07:02:09 am »
El Cotillo...

7.00am

Outlook is for a clear sunny day, calm sea and gentle breeze. Temps low 20's 

11.25am
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 11:25:41 am by MLA »

Offline MLA

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 07:12:00 am »
El Cotillo...

7.00am

Outlook, cloudy, wet and warmish, with big sea's. Should clear up for the weekend. Temps low 20's. 

Offline concerned cat

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 07:13:01 am »
After three days of great warm sunny weather, today has dawned cloudy & grey. 90% cloud cover & 18 degrees c. The forecast is sunny spells & showers with a high of 24C. High tide is 13.35 at 2.3m. There's already a huge swell.

Offline MLA

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 07:12:27 am »
El Cotillo...

7.00am

8.00am

Looks like you're going to have a cracking day of sunshine
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:05:08 am by MLA »

Offline concerned cat

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 07:46:37 am »
Indeed Martin. There's bareley a cloud in the sky and 18C. Forecast s wall to wall sunhine with very little breeze and 26C. High tide is 14.51. Now where's the suncream?

Offline Windermeregolfer

• Keeping Calm
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 09:01:47 am »
El Cotillo...

7.00am

8.00am

Looks like you're going to have a cracking day of sunshine

Lets hope it stays like this until Wednesday as we get there tomorrow evening for a few days r&r

Offline Archer

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 09:25:49 am »
Looks like normal (weather) service has resumed in Morro Jable, as well, after 10 days or so of rather wet and up and down conditions.
Not a cloud in sight.  8)

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2015, 23:35:20 pm »
A wet end to the month in Corralejo and Puerto - wall to wall grey cloud all day and some quite heavy showers this morning. No sign of the sun at all today  :o . Forecast looks much better for the start of November - hopefully back to normal