Author Topic: AutoReisen - cheap rates  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Archer

AutoReisen - cheap rates
« on: May 12, 2017, 14:55:47 pm »
Just had a promo email from AutoReisen offering cheap rates from €55/week. Email says final price, no extras, or credit withold etc.
Checked their rates using the link and it gave me a Citroen c3 for €28 per week next week!!
Cannot be right? What is the latest on the credit withold (scam) they used to use? I stopped using them because of this.
At these prices who can resist?

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
Re: AutoReisen - cheap rates
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 17:36:03 pm »
For the week after next I have booked Top Car, which used to be Top Car AutoReisen & I think the 2 desks are next to one another and thought I had read somewhere on here that they are still linked in some way. Our price for a Group 2 car for a week 69.30€ one of the cheapest we have paid in the last 19 months.

In connection with what Archer calls the scam we have hire from them 9 times in 19 months and have never had an issue with the 200€ security is paid separately and has never appeared on my cc account.

Offline Archer

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 19:28:23 pm »
WG. Perhaps scam is too strong a word! Prob is any reserve on your credit card account reduces your card credit limit for the full period of the hire. For me 8 weeks & I deliberately kept my card limits low when travelling.
Anyway, the ad I received said this card witholding no longer occurs.
Please let us know if this is true.
What about a c3 for €28/week or group B €34/week with the link?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 20:52:37 pm by Archer »

Online paully

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 20:58:11 pm »
Just booked the Autoreisen part of the group for a Citroen Cactus for September for E94 a week..Hopefully that might reduce, you never know :D

Offline charlatanefc

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 22:47:57 pm »
Any chance of the link? ;)

Offline Archer

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 23:11:27 pm »
https://www.autoreisen.com/car-hire/car-hire.php?origen=News0417&camp=EN

This is the link from the promo. Not sure it has to be used or not. Checked the prices twice. They were definitely very cheap for the next couple of weeks (but not this weekend). Give it a go & let us know how you get on.

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 13:34:53 pm »
https://www.autoreisen.com/car-hire/car-hire.php?origen=News0417&camp=EN

This is the link from the promo. Not sure it has to be used or not. Checked the prices twice. They were definitely very cheap for the next couple of weeks (but not this weekend). Give it a go & let us know how you get on.

Thanks Archer - Web link worked for me this lunch time and gave 34€ for the dates I will be there next week so I will be asking some serious questions next week re the company link and double checking the deposit situation.

John - WG

Offline haribo

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 10:49:14 am »
Hi All I had a conversation with top car and autoreisen and they are now going it alone . I usually book with top car but this last holiday, which i am on now, i have booked with autoreisen and got the best deal i have had since buying our property in 2004!!!! 210€ for 28 days. I got the e.mail too offering discounts but tried for our next holiday here in October/November 23days and it worked out very expensive 302€ . After having the cheapest ever it has gone to the dearest so i am waiting nearer the date. May does seem to be the cheapest month to hire

Offline charlatanefc

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 20:59:08 pm »
Thanks for the link, coming up with the same price as we've booked with.  Have used Autoreisen in the past, but usually book with Pluscar, however Autoreisen's prices been much better.  We've booked a C4 Picasso 7 Seat Grand Tourer for 2 weeks for 175 Euros

Offline Logitechtom

• Birmingham/El Cotillo 50/50
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 12:58:23 pm »
There is a cost to these lower prices!

As I was at the Top Car desk yesterday afternoon (no waiting, walked right up and lady waiting to deal with me) I noticed about six people waiting to be seen at the Autorisen desk next door. By the time I had done my paperwork, that had grown to 9 people waiting!!

Tom