Reynaldo's Beach Bar

Started by jg, May 16, 2017, 13:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jg

I always liked the ambience and food here but thought it a pity that it was not nude tolerant, given the location.
Does anybody have any information about naturist use under the new management.
JG

paully

Apparantly same rules apply, business is business is it not. Although the food is very good but slightly more expensive.
I HATE computer thingyss

jill tie

Quote from: jg on May 16, 2017, 13:42:34 PM
I always liked the ambience and food here but thought it a pity that it was not nude tolerant, given the location.

Think about it you wouldn't not go to a bar because people were clothed.  However some clothed people may stay away if
they thought there may be naturist there.  So it makes sense to keep it clothed

jg

Quote from: jill tie on May 16, 2017, 16:09:10 PM

Think about it you wouldn't not go to a bar because people were clothed.  However some clothed people may stay away if
they thought there may be naturist there.  So it makes sense to keep it clothed
Absolutely true, but given the location of Reynaldo's it is almost impossible to get there without meeting plenty of naked people.
JG

Will196

No sane business tries to please 100% of the people. You try and find a niche that attracts loyal customers. If all the other places near by are textile it might be smart business for one not to be.

OTOH would the health inspectors allow it? I've seen places in Vera Playa that were C/O IIRC but part of the town is a naturist zone.

Victoria.S

Changing the subject a little bit, I've been told this area of the the dunes is the best part to visit. If I come out of the Gran Natura and walk along the beach in the direction of the 2 big hotels how far is it to walk and is the beach bar easy to find. Apart from putting a wrap around my bottom half when passing the 2 hotels I assume it's ok to walk naked all the way - is this right

Snowdrop

Isn't it about 20 min walk past the two hotels.  There is a sign from the edge of the beach-waters edge pointing towards the bar.  Think you could prob walk naked all the way as there will always be someone on the sunbeds with no clothing. 

fizzy lemonade

I asked the same question before as regards the distance from Grand Hotel Natura to Reynaldos, the answers I got indicated about an hour's walk in total, don't think I'd do it specifically for the quality of the food, found it average enough, fine for a snack but a nice walk all the same, it's possibly 20 minutes beyond the hotels

helsbelles

It takes me somewhere in the region of 75 minutes to walk and I always walk naked except for the bit past the 2 RIU's

Beachfun

Quote from: helsbelles on June 11, 2017, 22:30:35 PM
It takes me somewhere in the region of 75 minutes to walk and I always walk naked except for the bit past the 2 RIU's
Hi Guys, we walked this several times the other week,from Gran natura to just past the riu Olivia 30 mins another 15 to reynaldos was very quiet but back again late September to mid October so usually much busier then. :)

MalT

Great little watering hole in the dunes, agree its about a 45 minute walk from the town

helsbelles

Walking at a normal ( comfortable holiday pace) it takes more than 45 minutes for the Gran Natura to Reynaldos walk. To do the walk in 45 minutes you would have to be really motoring and certainly wouldn't be in anything like, what most people would consider,  holiday mode - unless you are Mo Farah in disguise. To do the walk from town to Reynaldos in 45 minutes is not possible unless you have rocket inserted up your backside.

Beachfun

Lol! We always walked back from the beach and yes at a good pace most of the way was on the road from the the two Riu hotels and bags lighter could not do it going as carrying supplies and water for the day. We walk to Reynaldos naked every day from about 600 yds past the Riu Olivia sometimes as far to when the road meets the beach also. If you are there when we are we could meet for a drink first there pays lol, we might be slower then! X

MalT

Just to clarify, when I say town, I mean the edge of town I.e. Gran Natura, I admit it's a regular pace, no dwadling to take pictures😊 Happy to stop at watering hole to discuss long distance walking on the sand😎

jg

While you're there, how does the food compare with the old chef? He used to do a mean seafood pizza.
JG

SoCal

I use to visit a shake to the north of the big hotels. They didn't care about nudity.  But I agree, Reynaldo's was quite good. And, in our 4th world country, the health inspectors only care about the attire of the servers, not the patrons.
Biking and beaches - total freedom