Author Topic: Orlando  (Read 3630 times)

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
Orlando
« on: May 16, 2017, 19:48:21 pm »
Just back from a week & had a hire from Orlando. Went with them this time as last visit I was in the queue in the terminal for well over an hour with Europcar & was severely pi""ed off by the time I got out. Now I know what everyone says, re , Orlando but have to say, no delays, no queue, had a good car in 10 minutes. Citroen C3 with good mileage & no probs all week. Have to say it when it is good as well as bad !!

Offline tigga1958

Re: Orlando
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 09:59:13 am »
That's very good, we had a 3.5 hour wait to get our car on 2nd of May!

Offline KWC

• I knew deep down Scuba Diving wasn't for me
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 13:31:38 pm »
Really good to hear that Orlando are at least getting their act together if that is the case across the board.

But regard waiting in the main terminal for your car being so long.  Many moons ago when I didn't know better I booked a few cars through Orlando and the wait for the minibus to fill up with the different renters from other flights or just coming out the loos I suspect was a lengthy one too. Then the lot all spilled out of that mini bus at Orlando in one big rush elbowing folk out the way, by those who knew the script better than most in order to get to the front of that Queue was laughable to say the least.  If you were at the back then a wait of 1/2 hr or more wasn't unusual.

So in what respect was it better taking the afore mentioned issues into account.

Please note I am genuinely interest and not a trick or smart question   

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 18:38:55 pm »
Really good to hear that Orlando are at least getting their act together if that is the case across the board.

But regard waiting in the main terminal for your car being so long.  Many moons ago when I didn't know better I booked a few cars through Orlando and the wait for the minibus to fill up with the different renters from other flights or just coming out the loos I suspect was a lengthy one too. Then the lot all spilled out of that mini bus at Orlando in one big rush elbowing folk out the way, by those who knew the script better than most in order to get to the front of that Queue was laughable to say the least.  If you were at the back then a wait of 1/2 hr or more wasn't unusual.

So in what respect was it better taking the afore mentioned issues into account.

Please note I am genuinely interest and not a trick or smart question

KWC, not sure I can quantify the different scenarios but as I said, last trip had a booking in the terminal by the time I got my booked bags & went out to the desk the queue it was 1/2 way across the terminal, shortly after it was 3/4 the time I waited (somewhere between 1&1/4 hr to1 & 1/2 hr was more due to the slowness of the staff rather than the size of queue (there was about 5 in front of me) & I had no option but to just wait. This time I was able to get our bags trollied & go straight out to the bus stop, gave them 5 minutes & then phoned Orlando, to be told the bus was on its way. There were only three couples on the bus & we had already prepped to have the wife sort out the bags & I went straight to the office, no jostling, honest, lol. Took 10 minutes as I said & vehicle was as expected so good result to me !! May not always work like that of course but you could say that of any of them. The point I was making was simply that Orlando get a lot of stick on here so no harm to give them a slap on the back when they get it right. Since then I have also checked my credit card & got my deposit back the day after car was returned & they had said two to three days so another result !!

Offline paully

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 20:16:51 pm »
It would be good for visitors to the Island if they have finally realised they needed a new business plan and implemented it. I saw a few of their cars in Corralejo a couple of weeks ago and to be fair, they all seemed fairly new. Lets hope they continue. Just Goldcar to work on, but that`s a forlorn hope  ::)

Offline KWC

• I knew deep down Scuba Diving wasn't for me
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 07:36:25 am »
Thanks for your reply Spitfire.

I hope thats them now joining the good guys in the rental world and great to see they are supplying decent cars nowadays

Offline Jamesy

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 16:50:57 pm »
We hired mostly from Orlando, went back in October last year to Goldcar, was a long long wait, thereafter back to Orlando and was good.

However in March they rushed us off on the shuttle bus and we had no deposit EUR330 refunded to the date! They told us it's all OK. We had to call the credit card provider and are now waiting for the claim form. The most annoying thing is the charges credit card provider puts everytime we hire the bloody car its almost a tenner, to add an insult to an injury, volatile and unfavourable exchange rate as well.

grrr....

Still ORLANDO is faster, but as you can see speed isn't everything!

Offline zedzedeleven

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 10:22:48 am »
I honestly do not understand why people persist in using the likes of orlando and goldcar. Cicar for me. I`m on holiday and don`t want to spend it hanging around airport hire car desks or stuck out on some god forsaken industrial estate.

Offline bedouin

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 13:54:41 pm »
I honestly do not understand why people persist in using the likes of orlando and goldcar. Cicar for me. I`m on holiday and don`t want to spend it hanging around airport hire car desks or stuck out on some god forsaken industrial estate.

Agree! It's always PlusCar for me - paperwork sorted and on my way in minutes. Why would anyone choose to queue at an airport desk?

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 21:27:50 pm »

Agree! It's always PlusCar for me - paperwork sorted and on my way in minutes. Why would anyone choose to queue at an airport desk?

No one would CHOOSE to queue at an airport desk but if you arrive at a busy time you have no choice do you !! I queued for well over an hour in February just because it was a Saturday (I assume) as you could hardly call February high season. Orlando for me from now on unless they mess up big time

Offline Lee@Joyce

• Hi we are a couple in the South East
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 17:27:34 pm »
Used Orlando once I would never go back awful car awful service waited ages for the bus.
Used cicar after and top car never had a problem never waited that long, I. Ow just go with the cheapest of the 2 when booking.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 18:05:18 pm »
You have to remember that between 18:00 and 20:00 on a Saturday an average of 10 Aircraft arrive, 2000+ people 10% of them looking to pick up a car is going to cause a problem.

Offline suendrob

• One Beautiful Island to Another
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 09:53:18 am »
Why do people choose to use any car rental company t hat needs a bus ride to get the car?
With the double handling of luggage etc and double waiting time - bus, then counter service - surely it's a loss of time? There's also the issue of returning the vehicle and the fear of delayed bus return to the airport.
Obviously, some customers will have booked through an agency or aggregator, so they have less choice in the matter, but I'm genuinely interested to know what benefits people see.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 10:00:46 am »

Obviously, some customers will have booked through an agency or aggregator, so they have less choice in the matter, but I'm genuinely interested to know what benefits people see.
[/quote]

I live here so have not hired a car here for years, but that is a question I have been meaning to ask for months.

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 12:25:45 pm »

I live here so have not hired a car here for years, but that is a question I have been meaning to ask for months.
[/quote]

For me it's relatively simple to be honest.
I always search for the best price first, then overlook the ones I have had issues with, ie Goldcar, Europcar etc. As often as not Orlando comes up tops & apart from once getting a vehicle that broke down (but was replaced within 15 minutes) I have never had any problems with them.
As opposed to being ripped off by Goldcar for an unreturned 40€ deposit that I still have no idea what it was for & standing in a queue for well over an hour with Europcar.
My last three hires have been with Orlando, 10 minutes for bus & maybe 10 minutes in the office. I do take pictures all around outside & inside of vehicle before I leave but would do that with any company. Don't trust any of them !!!

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 13:26:17 pm »
2 years ago we hired a car through a hire company that didnt have a office in fuerteventura and it turned out to be with Orlando, they gave us a car that was all bumped and scraped but said "take some photos and video and mark the paperwork as dents etc" so we did.

handed it back and the guy said there was nothing wrong with car, wentback to UK with no issues.

we always pay these deposits with a credit card so we have a bit of protection.

3 weeks later, we had a letter through the post saying we had damaged the car highlighting all the parts that where on it when we collected it saying we have to pay to put it right.

they took about 500 odd pound from the credit card, so we spoke to the card company and showed them what evidence we had, they said dont worry about it we will fix it, and gave us the money back.