Author Topic: Renting your Property  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Island Beach

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 149
  • Gender: Male
Renting your Property
« on: June 26, 2017, 22:57:05 pm »
If you want to rent out your Apartment, do you need a special certificate to rent out ? I understand, the ? government takes 15% of your rent money per month ?   any of you guts got any info please

Offline SheilaW

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,391
  • Gender: Female
Re: Renting your Property
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 15:23:48 pm »
There are some variables:
- Are you letting to holidaymakers? If so, you need to register with the council - which is only possible if your property qualifies as being in a suitable area - and comply with certain conditions they give you, and you need to declare the net income as income received in Spain (somewhere between 15-20%, is it?)
- Are you letting long-term and providing a permanent resident in Spain with a home? If so, you need a formal contract with the tenant and then you can keep 40% (I think that's the figure) of the net income free of tax
- Any other scenario? For example, if you're a non-resident and a tax resident in a non-EU country (e.g. maybe the UK at some time in the future), you'll be taxed at a higher rate. But I don't know what it is.