Author Topic: Six Nations  (Read 2643 times)

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
Six Nations
« on: March 10, 2018, 16:15:29 pm »
Great win by the boys today. Only one more match for a Grand Slam. Come on the green 🍀🍀🍀

Offline dagwood

Re: Six Nations
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 16:30:50 pm »
Are you trying to get a row started 🤠
But a great win no doubt.

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 17:12:45 pm »
Are you trying to get a row started 🤠
But a great win no doubt.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
I live in Scotland but Ireland will always be my home

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 18:45:52 pm »
One done, one to go 🍀🍀🍀 🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 21:27:35 pm by spitfire58 »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 18:48:29 pm »
Hup ya boys ya. There will be pints 🍺 and more pints tonight. Come on Ireland 🇮🇪 🇮🇪🇮🇪

Offline whyme

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 12:48:38 pm »
Ever noticed how much the Irish love their country?

But none of them live there.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 13:56:45 pm »
Ever noticed how much the Irish love their country?

But none of them live there.

Well I do and Michael O’Leary and about 4 million others.
And watch out Ye old enemy next Saturday.
Come on the boys in green ☘️☘️☘️ 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 13:58:43 pm by dagwood »

Offline Banjo

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 19:57:58 pm »
Well done to Ireland,  worthy winners on this occasion. It's tough for England because everyone comes at us at full pelt. The desire to beat England is greater than the desire to win the tournament for Wales and more so Scotland.. They're not so bothered  when it comes to playing the other sides and they're usually too knackered anyway because playing England is their cup-final.

Without doubt England are easily still the best side, we just haven't got a trophy to show for it this time.

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 23:13:41 pm »
Hi Banjo, I have to say that I don’t think it’s true to say the others want to beat England more than to win the competition. Yes, there is great rivalry between Scotland, Wales, Ireland & England but that is a UK thing.
Still think the competition trumps the individual matches.
Also couldn’t agree that England is the best team, there are ebbs & flows with all teams with changing players/coaches/injuries etc but at the moment England is defo on an ebb.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 07:54:36 am »

"Well done to Ireland,  worthy winners on this occasion. It's tough for England because everyone comes at us at full pelt. The desire to beat England is greater than the desire to win the tournament for Wales and more so Scotland. They're not so bothered when it comes to playing the other sides and they're usually too knackered anyway because playing England is their cup final.

Without a doubt, England is easily still the best side, we just haven't got a trophy to show for it this time".

England has so far lost 2 from four, and are likely to lose to Ireland making it 3 from five, and they are easily the best side??????????????,  and Wales could have and arguably should have also beaten them.

That kind of comment is why everyone wants to beat England ;)

The next comment will be "we won every game really, but Scotland and France just scored more points than us"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:31:54 am by Johnrgby2 »

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 10:37:38 am »

"Well done to Ireland,  worthy winners on this occasion. It's tough for England because everyone comes at us at full pelt. The desire to beat England is greater than the desire to win the tournament for Wales and more so Scotland. They're not so bothered when it comes to playing the other sides and they're usually too knackered anyway because playing England is their cup final.

Without a doubt, England is easily still the best side, we just haven't got a trophy to show for it this time".

England has so far lost 2 from four, and are likely to lose to Ireland making it 3 from five, and they are easily the best side??????????????,  and Wales could have and arguably should have also beaten them.

That kind of comment is why everyone wants to beat England ;)

The next comment will be "we won every game really, but Scotland and France just scored more points than us"

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Offline Banjo

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 22:07:28 pm »
Aww c'mon, there's got to be room for gallows humour. England were average at best and Ireland have won 3 out of the past 5 now so their record speaks for itself. They'll most probably complete the Grand Slam this weekend too.

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 23:13:40 pm »
Hi Banjo,
I honestly had to look that up, had no idea what you meant, ha ha. I much prefer to speak to people & get feelings, body language etc. I think an awful lot is lost in text only, unless the meaning is made clear. IMHO
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Banjo

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 23:23:17 pm »
Hi Spitfire,

Fair enough but yes, I wouldn't have been capable of keeping my face straight whilst making the above comments.

As for "gallows humour" being a Birmingham City fan; I've never had to look that up.

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 00:59:42 am »
Hi Spitfire,

Fair enough but yes, I wouldn't have been capable of keeping my face straight whilst making the above comments.

As for "gallows humour" being a Birmingham City fan; I've never had to look that up.

In light of the lacking “like” button
👍👍👍👍👍👍

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 07:47:24 am »
I'm all for talking a bit of rugby but have to say it was a tad quieter on here for the two previous 6 nations.  ;)

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 07:48:17 am »
Aww c'mon, there's got to be room for gallows humour. England were average at best and Ireland have won 3 out of the past 5 now so their record speaks for itself. They'll most probably complete the Grand Slam this weekend too.

If I read it the wrong way I apologise, but it certainly did not read as any sort of humour, but maybe I lived amongst The English for too long.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:50:02 am by Johnrgby2 »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 07:59:44 am »
And it could be a little early for the Irish to start crowing. Big game still to go at twickers and it would be nice to see England put a big dent in the the Irish silverware.

There's still plenty of kudos to be earned so if I were Irish I'd not shout too loudly...yet. 8)

Offline Brayone

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 14:21:50 pm »
I am and I won't. Hopefully it will be a great spectacle. Eddie Jones set the tone by bringing Dylan Hartley back therby endorsing foul play. If England continue to infringe to the same extent they haven't a chance but maybe they will show some discipline. It is overdue.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 14:51:25 pm »
Hartley was always going to play if he recovered from injury. True they have an issue with giving away cheap penalty points but in my opinion that is not the reason they are losing. They have been winning without playing well and have been mighty lucky on occasions. Hate to say it as an Englishman but I think they and their performances have been vastly over rated the last couple of years. It was only a case of when not if they would start losing.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 15:02:13 pm »
...and unfortunately if Jones thinks they are anywhere near the level of NZ then he is seriously deluded.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 15:10:13 pm by Ivemovedon »

Offline Banjo

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2018, 21:33:50 pm »

If I read it the wrong way I apologise, but it certainly did not read as any sort of humour, but maybe I lived amongst The English for too long.

No problem. I have quite a few Scottish friends as I have family from Edinburgh. Some of them seem to have a real chip on the shoulder about the English. I know plenty of English people who have a superiority complex about the Irish, Scots & Welsh. These traits are not universal but as with many things;  the truth is in there somewhere.

I'm more of a footy fan than rugby but I have to say; I was in Edinburgh the last time (I think) Scotland beat us around ten years ago and the subsequent  night out was one of the best I've experienced anytime and definitely the best night out I've had after any sporting event.

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2018, 22:15:34 pm »
World rankings 2018:

https://imgur.com/a/oAirY

Offline Brayone

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2018, 16:53:39 pm »
The return of Dylan Hartley I referred to was after he was dropped by Stuart Lancaster due to his indicipline, He has served c.60 weeks of bans. He was brought back by Jones - there is no doubt he is a superb player, but selection at the time, did indicate that Jones was prepared to compromise standards to achieve a winning result and the indicipline of the team and the penalty count against them reflects that, and has worked against them this season.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 17:17:03 pm »
Virtually the same squad has been on a 20 odd game  winning streak with Hartley as captain. The penalty infringements did not count against them too badly then, but they appear to be now. Hartley wasn't even playing against France and the penalties kept coming. Can't blame him. In fact he has been a paragon of virtue since the captaincy came his way.

Jones was indeed right in his assumption that giving him that responsibility would change his game.

Offline Brayone

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 14:29:46 pm »
I fear that Jones will indeed put one over the "scummy Irish". It looks like a very strong selection he has gone for.

Offline Brayone

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2018, 17:51:16 pm »
The grand  slam Gift Grub style - enjoy !

Offline dagwood

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2018, 16:47:59 pm »
May we crow now ivemovedon. ☘️☘️☘️
You’ll never beat the Irish ☘️☘️☘️
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 16:50:13 pm by dagwood »

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2018, 17:08:47 pm »
Well done to the lads in green. Great match. Well controlled, all played at Ireland’s tempo. 2018 Six Nations champions & The Grand Slam as a bonus 🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🍀🍀🍀🍀🍾🍾🍾🍾

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2018, 17:28:23 pm »
May we crow now ivemovedon. ☘️☘️☘️
You’ll never beat the Irish ☘️☘️☘️

Indeed you can crow now...you won the game. And there was never any doubt in my mind you would do it. You lack the class not to. Don't remember too much crowing when England won the nation's and the grand slam last couple of years.
All very eerily quiet on here then. And no crowing from the English from what I remember..win or lose we take it in our stride.

Having said that good luck to the Irish team they were good and England were poor again. What does make it a hard pill to swallow is knowing bitter and twisted little leprechauns like yourself are celebrating at our expense. Go do one.