Author Topic: What's the weather like? - May 2018  (Read 7306 times)

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
Re: What's the weather like? - May 2018
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2018, 09:14:51 am »
Caleta.

Yesterday

Err! What can I say? not at all as forecast, complete cloud cover all day wind as Tamara has said was less chilly of late, temp mid-afternoon were circa 22/23C  but when the sun appeared around 18:00 it reached 25C.

As good as it got yesterday.

18:00

This was looking West

But looking East.

19:45

Today.

08:00

A much brighter start and very calm.

Most blue sky we have seen this early for a while.

Temp. 20C.

Wind. Northerly 6/8 Mph

Humidity. 71%

Visibility. Vey good.

Sea. a 1/2 Ft sell.

UV. 9.

Forecast:- Cloud to start to clear by 10:00, wind to ease to 1/3 Mph cloudless by lunchtime temp reaching mid 20,s wind to move S/westerly early evening and cloud to build again, but all in all sunny day, with temps near where they should be.

It is now 09:15 and looking North there are large areas of blue sky, we may have got this one right. ::)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:32:28 am by Johnrgby2 »

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2018, 12:11:15 pm »
Thanks John,
Still like to keep up with what we are missing out on. Even if we have had it good recently, lol. Still not getting pics though & cant see why. Only on this site & only since the last crash 🤔🤔🤔

Offline Deso

• Roll on one way flight to the rock. :)
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2018, 14:59:05 pm »
Shall I describe the pictures for you Ron?   :D

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2018, 17:15:58 pm »
Shall I describe the pictures for you Ron?   :D

Thanks Neil, think I can picture it, lol
😂🤣😂🤣

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2018, 00:41:00 am »
Tindaya & Corralejo - overall a pretty nice day. Still a fair amount of cloud from time to time but hardly any breeze. The couple of times the breeze gusted it was still chilly! 7pm in Tindaya the cloud descended and we had intermittent drizzle all evening. Quite a dramatic sunset!

Offline perrypower1

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2018, 06:50:57 am »
Some stunning photos Tamara ELP.  Thanks!

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2018, 09:04:29 am »
Yesterday.

The best day we have had this year, very much as forecast the cloud had cleared by mid-morning, temps reached 28/29 C mid-afternoon, the cloud started to build again around 18:30, and by 20:15 there was complete cloud cover, but no hint of rain.

14:30

17:30

18:00

19:00

19:45

Today.

A cloudy but calm start, there is some patches of blue far to the North.

Temp. 20 C

Wind Northerly. 3/5 Mph.

Humidity. 71%

Visibility. Very good.

Sea. A 1/2 ft swell

UV. 8.

Forecast:-  The cloud will clear somewhat mid_morning leaving a cloudy breezy day with some sunny spells. Temp to reach mid 20,s wind to increase through the morning to 6/8 Mph.

Management and her Posse invaded Lajitas yesterday, where at 13:00 there were cloudless skies Temp were mid to high 20,s but there was a brisk, what she says was a westerly wind making it feel closer to 20C but out of the wind a very nice day. { of course, the judgement could have been clouded by the wine}

Anyway photo,s taken before they hit the grape.

Offline perrypower1

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2018, 11:38:11 am »
Thank you for great pictures and excellent weather report both to content and quality.  Please keep the good weather coming...
Perry & Yvonne

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2018, 00:25:02 am »
Tindaya & Corralejo - dramatic start to the day in Tindaya. By mid-morning in Corralejo the clouds were clearing and we had a lovely sunny day with virtually no wind. Evening in Tindaya stayed warmer than of late, very pleasant until the sun set then the temp dropped away.
The 'blue sky' pic was taken near Corralejo Mercadona and actually has 3 guirres in it  ;D! I actually saw 5 of them at one point but never low enough to get any proper pics.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2018, 08:25:03 am »
Caleta.

Yesterday, very much as forecast a pleasant day a mix of sunshine and cloud, Temp reached 26 C mid-afternoon, but the wind was still the dominating factor was gusting around 12/14 through the day. the cloud cleared more than forecast early evening but it clouded over again around 20:00 temp was still in the low 20,s  circa 19:45, but as Tamara reported as soon as The Sunset the temp dropped away dramatically.

I was in Antigua between 11:30 and 13:00, and it was a much brighter day there, hardly any cloud Temp around 24/26 C but as always in Antigua, the wind made it feel cooler.

16:30

20:00

Today.

07:30

A very bright very calm start.

Temp. 19C.

Wind N/Westerly. 6/8 Mph.

Humidity. 71%.

Visibility. Very Good.

Sea. A 3/4 ft swell

UV. 9.

Forecast:- A sunny day with varying amounts of cloud, temp to reach mid 20,s  wind to ease to 2/3 Mph through the day before increasing 6/8 Mph early evening.

Offline rosamund

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2018, 09:33:28 am »
What is happening over there? We normally holiday in  fuerteventura 3 or 4 times a year  and spent 6 to 13 may there. It was so cold I had to wear  my fleece during the day and a warm jacket at night. We have holidayed in May many times but I have never known it so cold. Tried to sunbathe a few times but was practically the only person on the beach and had to give up because of the biting cold wind. We left Scotland for some warmth and sun only to discover when we went home that it was warmer in Scotland than fuerteventura 😭

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2018, 09:57:59 am »
What is happening over there? We normally holiday in  fuerteventura 3 or 4 times a year  and spent 6 to 13 may there. It was so cold I had to wear  my fleece during the day and a warm jacket at night. We have holidayed in May many times but I have never known it so cold. Tried to sunbathe a few times but was practically the only person on the beach and had to give up because of the biting cold wind. We left Scotland for some warmth and sun only to discover when we went home that it was warmer in Scotland than fuerteventura 😭

We wish we knew Rosamund, I looked back at last May,s reports and we had a fair amount of rain in early May actually on 08/05/2017 we had thunder and lightning and heavy rain, and earlier in the month it had not been great, I think the problem has been this year, is normally the prevailing wind is N/ Easterly, but for the last 6/8 weeks it has been Northerly and has brought with it a very chilly wind, why the wind has changed is any bodies guess, but the best that can be said is that  now the weather appears to have broken, I am typing this looking at a lot more blue sky than cloud, wind is N/westerly 2/3 Mph and the temperature is close to 24 C, we have lived here for 3 years and have bee coming here for 38, and I cannot remember it being as cold as it has for as long as it has, perhaps someone will correct me.

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2018, 10:18:44 am »

We wish we knew Rosamund, I looked back at last May,s reports and we had a fair amount of rain in early May actually on 08/05/2017 we had thunder and lightning and heavy rain, and earlier in the month it had not been great, I think the problem has been this year, is normally the prevailing wind is N/ Easterly, but for the last 6/8 weeks it has been Northerly and has brought with it a very chilly wind, why the wind has changed is any bodies guess, but the best that can be said is that  now the weather appears to have broken, I am typing this looking at a lot more blue sky than cloud, wind is N/westerly 2/3 Mph and the temperature is close to 24 C, we have lived here for 3 years and have bee coming here for 38, and I cannot remember it being as cold as it has for as long as it has, perhaps someone will correct me.

We have always noticed cold “patches” over the winter months over the years. I think the biggest problem with this last winter is the length of that “patch”, seems like it has been never ending. Hopefully that change you see John will now settle in for a while before you get hypothermia 🤣😂🤣😂

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2018, 23:13:44 pm »
Tindaya - another dramatic start to the day followed by a complete mishmash. Blue sky, white clouds, solid grey clouds, drizzle and showers competed for dominance. Pics 3 and 4 were taken within seconds of each other: grey to the E and blue to the W. Gentle to moderate breeze, mainly from the West.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2018, 08:14:34 am »
Caleta.

Yesterday,  as forecast a mix of sunshine and cloud temp, reached mid 20,s mid-afternoon, but the wind increased late afternoon and by 18:00 it was blowing westerly  15/17 Mph.

As good as it got.

18:15

Today.

07:30

A grey but calm start complete cloud cover albeit high and light.

The cloud has started to clear quite quickly, we now have 50/80 cloud and blue sky.

Temp. 19C.

Wind. Northerly 6/8 Mph.

Humidity. 71%

Visibility. Very good.

Sea. a 3/4 Ft swell.

UV. 9.

Forecast:- A repeat of yesterday, temps in the mid20,s varying amounts of cloud, wind to move N/Easterly and increase to 14/16 Mph by early evening.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2018, 14:11:41 pm »

The Island forecast for next two weeks.

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2018, 23:50:34 pm »
Tindaya & Corralejo - again a rapidly changing combination of glorious blue sky and sun or lots of cloud, consistent blustery N wind with a chill in it. Sheltered sunny spots were gorgeous, exposed or shady areas blooming cold. Very heavy rain for 5-10mins in Corralejo around 9.30am, on return to Tindaya it was very obvious where the edge of the shower had been - half village dripping, half bone dry!

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2018, 09:40:54 am »
Caleta.

Yesterday can best be described by a mate in a bar last night " it has been a bl**dy strange day"

Started off cloudy then appeared to be clearing quite quickly, then around 9:30 it clouded over again, then again the cloud started to break up, then around midday we had complete cloud cover, and a 4/5 minute shower, it remained cloudy until late afternoon when it became a pleasant enough evening despite the wind, until clouding over again around 19:00.
I made two visits to Antigua yesterday, and it was a much brighter day there.

Antigua

10:00

Caleta 10:30

Antigua 16:30

Caleta17:00

Caleta 19:15

Today

07:45

A grey start

Temp. 19 C

Wind. Northerly 7/9 Mph

Visibility. Very Good.

Humidity. 71%

Sea. A 3/4 Ft swell.

UV. 8.

Forecast:- Another day of sunshine and cloud, temp to reach low 20,s wind to increase 12/14 Mph by mid-afternoon.

It is now 09:30 and there is little sign of the cloud breaking.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2018, 08:55:31 am »
Yesterday, pretty much as forecast cloud started to clear around 10:00, by midday we had around 40% cloud cover, which was how it stayed for most of the day, temp reached mid 20,s but again the wind made it feel cooler.

Today 07:00

A cloudy start temp 18C.

08:30

About 50/50 cloud and blue sky.

Temp. 19c.

Wind. Northerly 12/14 Mph.

Visibility. Very Good.

Humidity 61%

Sea. 2/3 Ft swell.

UV. 9

Forecast:- Another day of Sunshine and cloud, temps in the mid to high 20,s wind to move N/Easterly early afternoon, but to return Northerly by early evening.

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2018, 00:19:01 am »
Tindaya & Corralejo - sunny and bright but an awful lot of cloud around all day as well. Strong N or NE wind with a chill to it.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2018, 08:04:44 am »
Caleta.

Yesterday, slightly better than forecast, the cloud cleared more than was expected, temp reached 28/29C mid-afternoon, and it was still 26/27 at 19;00.

18:30

Today.

90% cloud cover, but with the odd patch of blue in places.

Temp. 18C.

Wind. Northerly 6/8 Mph

Visibility. Very Good.

Humidity. 71%

Sea. A 2/3 Ft swell.

UV. 9

Forecast:- A cloudier day than yesterday temp to reach low to mid 20,s, wind to move N/Easterly and increase 13/14 Mph late morning.

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2018, 00:35:03 am »
Tindaya - started very cloudy but mainly cleared by mid-morning. Very strong, cold, N or NE winds all day so the temp never rose by much even in the sun.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2018, 08:24:02 am »
Caleta.

Yesterday, very much as forecast, more cloud than Sunday, reasonably pleasant in the sun and out of the wind, temp reached 24 C, but it never felt anywhere near that, at 17:00 cloud started to increase.

19:00

Temp 21C Felt like 18 C wind N/easterly 24/26 Mph and chilly.

Not an evening to be outdoors.

Today 08:00

Temp. 18C.

Wind Northerly 16/18 Mph.

Visibility. Very Good.

Humidity. 71%.

Sea. A 3/4 Ft swell.

UV. 9.

Forecast:- A cloudy morning with temps in the low 20,s clearing this afternoon to around 30/40% cloud cover temps in the mid 20,s, wind to once again move N/Easterly but to remain 13/18 Mph.

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2018, 08:30:38 am »
Something wrong here John. We had 24 yesterday as well, ha ha. All the pasty white skinned, red haired Scots are in shock, lol ☀️☀️😥😥😎😎

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2018, 09:51:41 am »
Something wrong here John. We had 24 yesterday as well, ha ha. All the pasty white skinned, red haired Scots are in shock, lol ☀️☀️😥😥😎😎

Yes Ron, but it did not feel like 24C :( :( :(

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2018, 00:46:07 am »
Tindaya & Corralejo - a cool cloudy start with a light shower in Tindaya. Cloud started clearing mid-morning in Corralejo but the blue sky didn't last for long. Strong, cold NE wind and cloud were the main features today. Sun reappeared late afternoon but little warmth to it. Just had another small shower at midnight.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2018, 08:37:01 am »
Caleta.

Yesterday, again as forecast the cloud mostly cleared by early afternoon, leaving a sunny afternoon early evening, temp reached 24C, wind at 18:30 N/Easterly 20/22 Mph, gusting 30/32 Mph, but no sign of any rain.

10:00

17:00

19;30

Today.

08:15

A similar start to yesterday 90 % cloud cover.

Temp. 19C.

Wind Northerly 18/20 Mph.

Humidity. 71%

Visibility. Very Good.

Sea. a 3/4 Ft swell.

UV. 9.

Forecast:- A similar day to yesterday, the best part of the day to be the early afternoon to early evening, temps in the mid 20,s, wind to move N/Easterly mid-morning and increase 24/26 Mph early evening.

Management and daughter visited Las Playitas yesterday, and judging by her reports and photo,s it was a far better day there, I will post the photo,s  later this morning.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2018, 10:20:42 am »
Las Playitas

Yesterday, between 11:30 and 14:30.

Temp around 26 c wind Northeasterly 10/12Mph.

Lunch at La Rampa on the beach, mixed seafood platter for two including two cokes, and a tip €48, reportedly very good. { translates to the rest of us as excellent  ::)}

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2018, 00:21:29 am »
Tindaya - total grey cloud cover and strong, chilly N or NE wind this morning. First glimpse of a bit of blue sky came around 11.30am but it soon disappeared again. Some bigger patches of blue came late afternoon but it stayed cold all day because of the cold wind/gale.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2018, 09:26:04 am »
Caleta.

Again pretty much as forecast, cloud mostly cleared by early afternoon, by 17:30 there was an almost cloudless sky, temp reached 24/26C mid-afternoon but a chilly northerly wind 20/22 Mph made it feel much colder, at 19:00 wind was gusting close to 30 Mph.

Today

A similar start to yesterday 100% cloud cover

Temp. 19 C.

Wind Northerly 16/18 Mph.

Humidity. 67%

Visibility. Good.

Sea. A 3/4 Ft swell

UV. 9.

Forecast:- A similar day to yesterday cloud to start to clear mid-morning temp to reach low to mid 20,s C wind currently Northerly 16/18 Mph to move N/Easterly, best part of the day to be from mid-afternoon to early evening.