Author Topic: IBI - Antigua  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Captain Sensible

IBI - Antigua
« on: May 02, 2018, 08:36:26 am »
The Ayuntamiento de Antigua took their IBI by direct debit today.

The amount is the same as last year. :)

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
Re: IBI - Antigua
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 09:20:16 am »
Thanks for the update CS

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 01:11:46 am »
Notification from La Oliva  - they are taking theirs on 4th May.

Offline dandare

• Where no man has gone before
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 17:50:34 pm »
Tam
Are you sure it’s May? Last year it was
June in la oliva

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 18:54:32 pm »
Thanks for the update CS

Checked ours & it was taken same day as CS & same amount as last year

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 23:12:53 pm »
Me be taken on 2nd May

Offline gattaca66

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 10:52:29 am »
Well, I've just belatedly checked our IBI charged by Antigua (we are in Caleta). It went out on 2 May but unlike the previous posters ours has gone up by near enough 50% over last years payment! I'm hoping there is some sort of error I can query....does anyone have any experience of doing this? I assume I'd have to deal with the Ayuntamiento in Antigua, not here in Caleta? My Spanish is basic, but I'll have a go if poss!

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 11:02:40 am »
Well, I've just belatedly checked our IBI charged by Antigua (we are in Caleta). It went out on 2 May but unlike the previous posters ours has gone up by near enough 50% over last years payment! I'm hoping there is some sort of error I can query....does anyone have any experience of doing this? I assume I'd have to deal with the Ayuntamiento in Antigua, not here in Caleta? My Spanish is basic, but I'll have a go if poss!

When I first purchased the property, my solicitor was supposed to have set up all direct debits, but we were in Antigua and went to check, they referred us back to Caleta, when we went there, as you go in there are two desks on your right, there is normally a guy sat at the left of these two desks and his job appears to solely taxes, he is a bit of a Jobsworth, but will I am sure help. { As it happens my solicitor had done all they were asked to do }

Our Ibi went down by near 50% in 2017 and was the same amount this year.

Offline emmi

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 11:07:58 am »
My IBI payment ( Caleta) has gone out of the bank and no change in amount from last year.

Offline keithal

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 15:56:57 pm »
My place is in Caleta as well, the IBI was collected by direct debit on 2nd May and was about 10% more than last year. I don't know if there has been some re-evaluation of properties going on or if it just reflects different location (communities) within the area. Hopefully I'll find the paper invoice from the ayuntamiento tomorrow when I arrive (late).

Offline gattaca66

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 22:38:51 pm »
Yes, it did occur to me that the talk of re-evaluations might actually come to something...there was talk a few months ago of 'officials' photographing properties from the golf course to record extensions etc. I could accept a 10% increase but, as I say, mine has gone up by 50%! I'll see what they say at the Ayuntamiento; I'll try Caleta first then Antigua if necessary and report back

Offline gattaca66

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 14:56:39 pm »
Hmmmm... After a few informal discussions with friends and neighbours, it seems that although my own IBI has gone up greatly this year, I may have benefitted from under-valuation in previous years. In fairness, it has been visibly extended some way beyond 'standard' (on the campo de golf), and if they have indeed been using photographers, even drones, to gather evidence, I may just take it on the chin - I'd lay money on any appeal actually generating another increase! It would have been nice to have had some sort of notification, but there you go....es la vida, as they say around here!

Offline annalivia

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 13:19:28 pm »
You can now pay your IBI at the Council Office in Caleta instead of having to go to a bank. They have set up a special desk for the payment of taxes.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 13:31:44 pm »
You can now pay your IBI at the Council Office in Caleta instead of having to go to a bank. They have set up a special desk for the payment of taxes.

That desk has been there 2 years plus I know of, paid my car tax there May 2016, and bin tax { whatever that is called ] early 2017

Offline gattaca66

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 18:34:54 pm »
As a postscript to my last posting, re the large rise in our IBI this year, I had a bit of a surprise when 72€ was debited to my bank account as an embargo last month. I had to go to the bank to discover what/who it was - a charge raised by hacienda (Agencia Tributaria, the tax people). Now, I know they can embargo your account, but only after two notifications by post, neither of which I had received. My Spanish is fine for day to day stuff, but I decided to get professional help to investigate this one,as I feared some sort of increasing penalty or whatever.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, it transpired that this was a charge for increasing the size of my property. They produced copies of the letters sent, but never received (worrying). It seems one should obtain permission from Hacienda before extending, and the cost would be 72€. I was not being fined as such, just required to pay that charge. As I've said, my property was extended a few years before I bought it, but they did confirm that new info had been gathered by observation, on the ground and via drone. So, there we are, they ARE checking! For my part, I'm willing to pay, just wish they had actually posted the letters!

Offline Lexeus

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 15:57:35 pm »
As a postscript to my last posting, re the large rise in our IBI this year, I had a bit of a surprise when 72€ was debited to my bank account as an embargo last month. I had to go to the bank to discover what/who it was - a charge raised by hacienda (Agencia Tributaria, the tax people). Now, I know they can embargo your account, but only after two notifications by post, neither of which I had received. My Spanish is fine for day to day stuff, but I decided to get professional help to investigate this one,as I feared some sort of increasing penalty or whatever.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, it transpired that this was a charge for increasing the size of my property. They produced copies of the letters sent, but never received (worrying). It seems one should obtain permission from Hacienda before extending, and the cost would be 72€. I was not being fined as such, just required to pay that charge. As I've said, my property was extended a few years before I bought it, but they did confirm that new info had been gathered by observation, on the ground and via drone. So, there we are, they ARE checking! For my part, I'm willing to pay, just wish they had actually posted the letters!

Have you ever checked the catastral information for your house on the sedecatastro website? In 2015 they opened lots of "expedientes" using satellite photos taken to look for property extensions made without telling the catastro. There are still thousands of these expedientes open but in progress. There was an amnesty period, but since 2015 they can now fine you up to €6000 euros in addition to increasing your IBI according to the new square metereage of your property. There seems to be mention of a €60 charge as a minimum to register a change. https://tuasesorcatastral.es/la-regularizacion-catastral/

If you register for a online account on sedecatastro I believe you would be able to access these letters that you haven't received in the post, or you can always go to the ayuntamiento and with your ID they will give you a a copy. The most infuriating thing can be when they say you aren't on the distribution list because they won't give you any info in that case because of the data protection laws. This can be particularly infuriating when an expediente is open on your property but they are still working on it and therefore haven't added the owner onto the distribution list.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 16:00:38 pm by Lexeus »

Offline gattaca66

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2018, 01:22:51 am »
Sounds like I may have got off lightly, but this is both interesting, and news to me! I will have a look....it all helps make life just that little bit more exciting over here!

Offline raye

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2018, 10:48:02 am »

Have you ever checked the catastral information for your house on the sedecatastro website? In 2015 they opened lots of "expedientes" using satellite photos taken to look for property extensions made without telling the catastro. There are still thousands of these expedientes open but in progress. There was an amnesty period, but since 2015 they can now fine you up to €6000 euros in addition to increasing your IBI according to the new square metereage of your property. There seems to be mention of a €60 charge as a minimum to register a change. https://tuasesorcatastral.es/la-regularizacion-catastral/

If you register for a online account on sedecatastro I believe you would be able to access these letters that you haven't received in the post, or you can always go to the ayuntamiento and with your ID they will give you a a copy. The most infuriating thing can be when they say you aren't on the distribution list because they won't give you any info in that case because of the data protection laws. This can be particularly infuriating when an expediente is open on your property but they are still working on it and therefore haven't added the owner onto the distribution list.
I have just had exactly the same, €72 deducted from my account. My IBI was about €15 more this year and they also presented me with 3 additional amounts going back 3 years of a similar amount, so they appear to have added an additional amount for a small enclosed washroom we added (no roof) of about 6 square metres. I don't mind the €72, but would have been nice to receive a letter! Hopefully this is now the end of the matter.

Offline Lexeus

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2018, 05:05:22 am »
Any amounts outstanding or discrepancies on your IBI bill for up to the 3 years prior can be reclaimed retrospectively.

IBI for a vivienda is based on the valor catastral which is calculated on various categories of buildings/land. Any construction that has a wall over 1m high requires a permit and may affect your valor catastral.
In this case the important point is the difference between the following three:
1.Patio 2.Terrace 3.Vivienda(Residential Room)

Essentially, all that matters is how many wall are built around the "room", I believe the following is correct, or a good guide at least:
1. Patio-Enclosed on 2 side or less
2. Terrace-Enclosed on 3 sides
3. Vivienda-Enclosed on all sides

Makes no difference whether it has a roof or not... :) and then from that it all depends on the council as to how they charge, but I think it's something along the lines of charging 100% for Vivienda m2, 50% for Terrace m2 and Patio is Urban land rates