Author Topic: IBI - Antigua  (Read 440 times)

Offline Captain Sensible

IBI - Antigua
« on: May 02, 2018, 08:36:26 am »
The Ayuntamiento de Antigua took their IBI by direct debit today.

The amount is the same as last year. :)

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
Re: IBI - Antigua
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 09:20:16 am »
Thanks for the update CS

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 01:11:46 am »
Notification from La Oliva  - they are taking theirs on 4th May.

Offline dandare

• Where no man has gone before
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 17:50:34 pm »
Tam
Are you sure it’s May? Last year it was
June in la oliva

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 18:54:32 pm »
Thanks for the update CS

Checked ours & it was taken same day as CS & same amount as last year

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 23:12:53 pm »
Me be taken on 2nd May

Offline gattaca66

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 10:52:29 am »
Well, I've just belatedly checked our IBI charged by Antigua (we are in Caleta). It went out on 2 May but unlike the previous posters ours has gone up by near enough 50% over last years payment! I'm hoping there is some sort of error I can query....does anyone have any experience of doing this? I assume I'd have to deal with the Ayuntamiento in Antigua, not here in Caleta? My Spanish is basic, but I'll have a go if poss!

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 11:02:40 am »
Well, I've just belatedly checked our IBI charged by Antigua (we are in Caleta). It went out on 2 May but unlike the previous posters ours has gone up by near enough 50% over last years payment! I'm hoping there is some sort of error I can query....does anyone have any experience of doing this? I assume I'd have to deal with the Ayuntamiento in Antigua, not here in Caleta? My Spanish is basic, but I'll have a go if poss!

When I first purchased the property, my solicitor was supposed to have set up all direct debits, but we were in Antigua and went to check, they referred us back to Caleta, when we went there, as you go in there are two desks on your right, there is normally a guy sat at the left of these two desks and his job appears to solely taxes, he is a bit of a Jobsworth, but will I am sure help. { As it happens my solicitor had done all they were asked to do }

Our Ibi went down by near 50% in 2017 and was the same amount this year.

Offline emmi

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 11:07:58 am »
My IBI payment ( Caleta) has gone out of the bank and no change in amount from last year.

Offline keithal

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 15:56:57 pm »
My place is in Caleta as well, the IBI was collected by direct debit on 2nd May and was about 10% more than last year. I don't know if there has been some re-evaluation of properties going on or if it just reflects different location (communities) within the area. Hopefully I'll find the paper invoice from the ayuntamiento tomorrow when I arrive (late).

Offline gattaca66

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 22:38:51 pm »
Yes, it did occur to me that the talk of re-evaluations might actually come to something...there was talk a few months ago of 'officials' photographing properties from the golf course to record extensions etc. I could accept a 10% increase but, as I say, mine has gone up by 50%! I'll see what they say at the Ayuntamiento; I'll try Caleta first then Antigua if necessary and report back

Offline gattaca66

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 14:56:39 pm »
Hmmmm... After a few informal discussions with friends and neighbours, it seems that although my own IBI has gone up greatly this year, I may have benefitted from under-valuation in previous years. In fairness, it has been visibly extended some way beyond 'standard' (on the campo de golf), and if they have indeed been using photographers, even drones, to gather evidence, I may just take it on the chin - I'd lay money on any appeal actually generating another increase! It would have been nice to have had some sort of notification, but there you go....es la vida, as they say around here!