Author Topic: Electricity  (Read 583 times)

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
Electricity
« on: May 19, 2018, 09:46:12 am »
Hi Guys

I received this Email this morning, in my Inbox which is unusual as I have no idea who this Guy is, Anyone any experience or thoughts??
 Bear in mind I have had to correct the spelling which makes me wonder! Guy,s name is allegedly Stephen day.
"Hi, John,

For a long time we have been looking for an electricity company in Spain with services that we think are suitable for our clients to reduce their bills and at the same time receive improved service.

We have come to an agreement with Holaluz to offer their electricity services to our English speaking clients.

We chose Holaluz because:

They are a company with 90.000 clients and over 100 million euros in annual billing.

They are the first truly online electricity company in Spain - if you decide to switch we send you a contract by email and you can sign it with just a couple of clicks. Billing is all online.

They have simple billing. For 95% of our clients the best offer will consist almost entirely of two items;

- a 'potencia' price - which goes directly to your local supply and maintenance company (Endesa, Iberdrola or Union Fenosa) to pay for delivery, maintenance and meter reading. This cost is the same every month and depend upon the maximum amount of electricity you can use at one time.

- an electricity price.

We also have day/night and varying price options.

These prices do not change and there is no contract period.

If you are not happy with the service or billing you can switch to another company at any time.

Support in English by telephone, email or Whatsapp from a call centre where you immediately communicate with a real person rather than an automated answerphone.

The new contract and bills are not currently available in English but will be shortly. Holaluz guarantee that your supply will not be affected when you switch.

For further information please go to www.electricityspain.com.

If you would like a comparison wih your current electricity bill please send me a copy of it (we need all of the pages of the bill) or the CUPS number from the bill along with the price you pay for both potencia and electricity and your contact details (we need your NIE) and we will see what savings we have for you. We can also set up new electricity accounts and switch accounts into different names easily. You need an NIE to contract electricity with us but we can change this from a passport number when you switch. The account switches the next time that your meter is read and there is no need for you to contact your current supply company.

For homes, savings are up to 20% depending on your current tariffs and for businesses savings are often 25%+. We can help property rental and sales companies to switch contract details for their with a minimum of fuss and at no cost.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me"

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
Re: Electricity
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 00:22:02 am »
Over the years there have been numerous phishing campaigns etc targeted at Endesa customers. Don't respond and definitely don't click on any links in the email!

Offline Logitechtom

• Birmingham/El Cotillo 50/50
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 08:40:51 am »
I did go to the website and have a look around. It tells you a lot, without telling you anything!  So, it says it can save me 132 euro a year, but that's without it knowing who I am, where I am, what rates I'm on and (most importantly) how much electricity I use each year!  Now if it said these were typical savings, I would understand, but it doesn't, it claims that is exactly how much I will save.

When I read the information they want you to send in to get the ball rolling, I was a little concerned as the information they want would be enough to claim my identity and that worries me!

That's the point where I closed my browser!

There's an old saying "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is".  Caveat emptor, or let the  buyer beware!

Tom

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 17:26:36 pm »
Further to my original post, a couple of days after I posted, I received my bill, so out of interest I sent them a Redacted copy, they have replied today stating I would save around 14%,  I doubt we will bother but will consider it.