Author Topic: vehicle transfer  (Read 693 times)

Offline yamxj

vehicle transfer
« on: May 31, 2018, 20:54:55 pm »
hi people just a quick one if i was to decide to drive over to fuerte from uk as i understand it you have to re register the vehicle to spanish plates after a set time dose anyone know the cost involved and what is entailed

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
Re: vehicle transfer
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 00:08:29 am »
I believe Woodside Cargo SL can take care of it all for you, it's not a simple procedure! Give Annette a ring:http://www.woodsidecargosl.com/contactdetails.html

Offline malabu

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 09:10:55 am »
It's a nightmare.  :o :o

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 09:12:40 am »
Totally agree with Tamara, give Woodside a call, I was going to bring mine over, but after asking questions on another site decided against it, and took a hit on selling it in the UK, I have since discovered that 80% of the info I received was at best incorrect, do not make the mistake i made speak to Annette

Offline bookman

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 10:04:07 am »
Again,Contact  Woodside for  info on shipping it here.  If you are driving it over yourself factor in 30% of car value ( that is local valuation, not UK value ) as import duty Plus cost of lighting change.

Offline zedzedeleven

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 16:12:29 pm »
I can`t see any point in doing this unless you intend to drive it back to the UK at a later date. There is a company somewhere on the south coast that sells lhd cars, I think I would trade in my car and get a new lhd car. Isn`t there a time limit (6 months?) and after that your RHD car has to go. Must admit I have never seen any RHD cars, not anywhere in Fuerte.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 17:44:34 pm »
I can`t see any point in doing this unless you intend to drive it back to the UK at a later date. There is a company somewhere on the south coast that sells lhd cars, I think I would trade in my car and get a new lhd car. Isn`t there a time limit (6 months?) and after that your RHD car has to go. Must admit I have never seen any RHD cars, not anywhere in Fuerte.

In the three years I have been here I think I have seen 6/7 that carry Spanish ITV tags

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 19:19:04 pm »
The opening post hasn't indicated if they are going to bring the car over and leave it on the island.

You can have a UK reg. car in Spain for up to 6 months, 183days.

How they check the time you are on main land Spain before or after you get to Fuerteventura I am not sure.

We are going to be driving over in September for the winter making a holiday of the trip both ways and plan to have the car on Fuerteventura for 180 days.

It will be interesting to read what the differences are between a  vehicle built for the UK  market or Spanish market apart from RH or LH drive, for instance ours is an 18MY and indicates that with the new LED headlights they adjust automatically for driving abroad.

I shall watch this thread with interest 

Offline warriors

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 20:37:13 pm »
Hi yamxj,  for what it is worth this is what we did when we drove over.  We purchased a UK registered LHD RAV4, year 2005. We then drove over here driving through Spain after taking the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander. We fitted the reflective stickers on our headlights.  Once here we contacted a lady called Jo Bowker (can highly recommended her for any translation or Spanish paperwork issues)  she then sorted everything for us,  you have to first have a green P plate whilst waiting for a proper plate.  Our car sailed through the ITV in Fuerte with the stickers on the headlights.  For our car we paid €1500 for everything  Odd thing is we moved to Tenerife and they failed it on it's retest and we had to get new headlights!! As said in previous comments you are supposed to complete this process within 6months

Offline yamxj

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 15:59:31 pm »
thank you everyone it dose sound like a bit of hassle the idea to do it was i just fancy it and it would be a way of getting all my building tools over there ready for when we make the move thanks again

Offline yamxj

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2018, 10:00:23 am »
hi warriors just out of interest did you get ferry from cadiz if so what sort of cost is it and can you just roll up or do you have to book well in advance how long dose it take thanks

Offline warriors

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2018, 10:30:07 am »
hi warriors just out of interest did you get ferry from cadiz if so what sort of cost is it and can you just roll up or do you have to book well in advance how long dose it take thanks
[/qeuote]

We chose to go from Huelve as we had our dog and had been told the facilities for her were better on this crossing and for the same reason we pre booked so not sure if you can just roll up.  The crossing was around 27 hrs,  sorry cannot remember the exact costs but around £600

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2018, 10:52:27 am »
[/qeuote]

We chose to go from Huelve as we had our dog and had been told the facilities for her were better on this crossing and for the same reason we pre booked so not sure if you can just roll up.  The crossing was around 27 hrs,  sorry cannot remember the exact costs but around £600

Likewise we have booked Armas Ferry from Huelva 27.5 hrs to Lanzarote and then FOC transfer to Fuerteventura 321€ using your NIE & travel Enpadron, which you must make sure is in date and you have to show at the ferry terminal.