Author Topic: Brexit!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3234 times)

Offline dagwood

Re: Brexit!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2018, 18:36:56 pm »
Now what are you going to do?

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2018, 22:44:12 pm »

that will soon be illegal for you "europeans"

bite me

Offline dagwood

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2018, 22:39:25 pm »
Land Rover discovery to be made in Europe and pound world closing with the loss of 5300 jobs. On top the rest.
Not looking great lads.

Offline Charlie dont surf

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2018, 09:53:42 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44465657

Wow! The first major high street business I've heard of who intends to support British producers. Not sure why it needed Brexit to lead to this decision but hopefully many others will follow suit. Something to raise your glass too for sure. Cheers!

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2018, 10:14:02 am »

Wow! The first major high street business I've heard of who intends to support British producers. Not sure why it needed Brexit to lead to this decision but hopefully many others will follow suit. Something to raise your glass too for sure. Cheers!

No champagne ? Proof of the total decline of a nation  :D

Offline dagwood

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2018, 12:25:27 pm »
There will be nobody toasting anything important in the U.K. after Brexit so no need for the real thing and a cheap imitation will do.

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2018, 13:09:06 pm »

No champagne ? Proof of the total decline of a nation  :D

That's one way of looking at it  ;D. I never knew they even sold Champagne in Weatherspoons. The place always seems full of smelly old alcoholic types drinking cheap booze. What's surprising is the English sparkling wine they are going to sell will apparently be cheaper than the Champagne they sold. Really? The cheapest bottle of English Sparkling wine I've ever bought still cost me nearly 30 quid and contrary to what some people say I don't think it competes with a good champagne, cava or prosecco for that matter. What I did realise when I read this story was it was possibly the first 'actual' positive thing I had come across regarding Brexit!

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2018, 16:55:50 pm »
Well done Wetherspoons for backing British. Hope this starts a trend . British wines are expensive because they are pretty good. You must have just tried the wrong ones.. on the other hand some champagne brands are truly awful. Moets not much cop for what they charge for it.

There will be a few corks popping in my household when we leave. And they won't be from French bottles ;)

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2018, 17:20:42 pm »
On the contrary dear chap. I've probably tried over 30 English sparkling wines including what some consider the best ones..Chapel Down and Camel Valley which are good but very expensive. For the same money you can get a much better champagne. Have also done quite a few blind tastings with Champagne and English wines. Only once preferred the English versus the French. Agreed, there are a lot of cheap nasty champagnes available, especially from major supermarkets. I assume you must have been drinking these. For your info M&S do a good selection of Champagnes from smaller producers and a few English Sparkling wines.
BTW I wouldn't use Moët as a mouthwash!

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2018, 17:57:29 pm »
Perhaps your taste buds are just shot to pieces. ;)

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2018, 17:58:44 pm »
By the way Laithwaites do a couple of great British sparklers.

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2018, 19:42:30 pm »
Perhaps you know sweet F... All.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2018, 19:56:48 pm »
LOL sounds to me like your wines are as equally sour as your attitude.

Offline ashworth

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2018, 21:44:34 pm »
ttps://www.facebook.com/JeremyCorbynMP/videos/10156514163908872/

Offline dagwood

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2018, 21:47:15 pm »
Not working too well old chap

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2018, 22:30:19 pm »
I like cheap, I like you paying taxes so we dont have to, im really happy with the EU arrangment as it means you pay loads of tax on top of already high priced wines so I can sit here in the sun and throw some more hate over at you lot.

thanks for being UK, UK, but screw you if you dont like my hate of you supporting my lifestyle.

obvious

Offline ashworth

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2018, 06:51:02 am »
I like cheap, I like you paying taxes so we dont have to, im really happy with the EU arrangment as it means you pay loads of tax on top of already high priced wines so I can sit here in the sun and throw some more hate over at you lot.

thanks for being UK, UK, but screw you if you dont like my hate of you supporting my lifestyle.

obvious
Fabricated comment that has never existed. Are there no referees running this forum it has become a joke.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2018, 08:26:32 am »
This is not fabricated but they will tell us it has nothing to do with Brexit.

Around 4,600 jobs are being axed at Rolls-Royce in the latest restructuring as the engineering giant looks to slash costs by another £400m (€454m) a year.

The group said the bulk of these job cuts would affect the UK workforce and would be made over the next two years, with around a third expected by the end of 2018.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2018, 09:16:47 am »
You are right...not fabricated and nothing to do with brexit.

Rolls Royce say it is to simplify and reduce management layers and business complexity. Most will be from the top heavy middle management section.

They are still continuing to hire electrification and digital engineers.

From the Guardian. Be interested to know where you got your information that brexit (which has not happened yet) is to blame. If you can prove it is then fair enough I will hold my hands up. If not then perhaps an apology for a misleading post?

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2018, 11:02:22 am »
rolls royce, owned by BMW . . . . . I would usually ask if you where "that" dumb but its daggers, and really and truly is he blatantly dumb

Offline dagwood

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2018, 12:01:30 pm »

Rolls Royce say it is to simplify and reduce management layers and business complexity. Most will be from the top heavy middle management section.

From the Guardian. Be interested to know where you got your information that brexit (which has not happened yet) is to blame. If you can prove it is then fair enough I will hold my hands up. If not then perhaps an apology for a misleading post?

Here is a bit more and nothing to do with the Guardian.

Earlier this week, the group said it had discovered technical problems with a number of its Package B Trent 1000 engines, used in Boeing planes. Dealing with the issue will add to costs already racked up by the discovery of problems with its Package C Trent 1000 engines, revealed in March.
Rolls-Royce has warned that Brexit is likely to have a negative impact on the business, due to global supply chain disruptions. Ahead of the EU referendum in 2016, Mr East told his staff to vote Remain because the engine maker is better off in the EU.
Meanwhile, the CBI boss said on Wednesday that the UK motor industry faces “extinction” if the UK leaves the EU customs union after Brexit.
Shares in Rolls rose 3 per cent in early trading on Thursday. Russ Mould at AJ Bell said: “Reducing costs is typically applauded by shareholders as it tends, in the short-term at least, to boost the profit and cash flow of which they are part owners.
“Although it will be little compensation to those affected, it would be inaccurate to describe this as a slash and burn exercise by Rolls-Royce management. Chief executive Warren East has been arguing for some time that there is duplication of roles within the business and the company’s cash generation has consistently disappointed

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2018, 12:33:34 pm »
ireland is screwed if we leave the EU, this is why daggers is crying so much on here and other outlets.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2018, 12:45:47 pm »

Here is a bit more and nothing to do with the Guardian.

Earlier this week, the group said it had discovered technical problems with a number of its Package B Trent 1000 engines, used in Boeing planes. Dealing with the issue will add to costs already racked up by the discovery of problems with its Package C Trent 1000 engines, revealed in March.
Rolls-Royce has warned that Brexit is likely to have a negative impact on the business, due to global supply chain disruptions. Ahead of the EU referendum in 2016, Mr East told his staff to vote Remain because the engine maker is better off in the EU.
Meanwhile, the CBI boss said on Wednesday that the UK motor industry faces “extinction” if the UK leaves the EU customs union after Brexit.
Shares in Rolls rose 3 per cent in early trading on Thursday. Russ Mould at AJ Bell said: “Reducing costs is typically applauded by shareholders as it tends, in the short-term at least, to boost the profit and cash flow of which they are part owners.
“Although it will be little compensation to those affected, it would be inaccurate to describe this as a slash and burn exercise by Rolls-Royce management. Chief executive Warren East has been arguing for some time that there is duplication of roles within the business and the company’s cash generation has consistently disappointed

Rolls Royce has warned that Brexit is 'likely' to have a negative impact on the business....

So they don't actually know.A bit like everyone else. Same as the CBI. it's an opinion..not a fact. And nowhere does it say  brexit is responsible for recent job losses. Which is what you were implying.

Looks to me a little like the Michael O'leary factor. All Remainers, all banging on about the negativity of brexit. with none of them truthfully knowing jack s1*t what the consequences will be...if any. George Osborne the Chancellor didn't have a clue how it was going to affect businesses and the economy. What chance those shmucks.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:55:16 pm by Ivemovedon »

Offline Banjo

« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2018, 13:06:10 pm »
Exactly Ivemovedon. Brexit has become a matter of loyalty to the cause, nobody seems to be able to move away from their chosen stance and take anything subjective into consideration.

These job losses possibly could possibly have came about either way and whether we'd have voted to remain or leave, the blame (for job losses) would have been put on that  particular outcome.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 13:23:20 pm by Banjo »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2018, 17:17:16 pm »
You know what lads , if your auntie had testicles she could be your uncle.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2018, 12:30:06 pm »
corbyn

the most vile and disgusting life long career politician in the history of UK

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2018, 12:40:29 pm »
corbyn

the most vile and disgusting lifelong career politician in the history of UK

You forgot the traitor Blair Viva

Offline paully

« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2018, 12:44:49 pm »
Seems some of those from Europe have confidence in the UK..Here`s an article from Stena Line on the massive investment they are making into new ferries between Ireland and the UK.These orders were place the year after the referendum as well.Interestingly that there is no mention of the B word in the article. Maybe its time to concentrate on the facts rather than the implied..have a read anyway folks

http://news.cision.com/stena-line/r/stena-line-confirms-plans-for-its-3-new-irish-sea-ships,c2546004

Oh Yes in addition ,2 more of these `E Flexers` are being leased to Brittany Ferries as the Galicia and Salamanca, about the same time for service between UK and Spain and in addition to the existing tonnage.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:50:08 pm by paully »

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2018, 13:03:41 pm »
corbyn

the most vile and disgusting lifelong career politician in the history of UK

You forgot the traitor Blair Viva

whilst I can 100% see where you are coming from with the Bliar, corbyn is a specially nasty kind of vile, he is lieing to the dumbest and most vulnerable people in society for self gain, promising things he knows full well he cant deliver all to better himself.

Offline ashworth

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2018, 13:28:16 pm »
corbyn

the most vile and disgusting life long career politician in the history of UK
????