Author Topic: Wonderweb in Caleta?  (Read 799 times)

Offline Ducks

Wonderweb in Caleta?
« on: June 04, 2018, 15:23:05 pm »
Would anyone know anywhere in Caleta that might stock Wonderweb or hemming tape I can use on curtains? Ikea only sells curtains in 3m lengths, and I'm looking to avoid sewing them myself if at all possible.

Even ordinary double-sided tape would suffice until I can get around to sewing them (eventually)— or if someone knows someone who does alterations in town, that would be a viable option, too!

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
Re: Wonderweb in Caleta?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 16:58:20 pm »
Would anyone know anywhere in Caleta that might stock Wonderweb or hemming tape I can use on curtains? Ikea only sells curtains in 3m lengths, and I'm looking to avoid sewing them myself if at all possible.

Even ordinary double-sided tape would suffice until I can get around to sewing them (eventually)— or if someone knows someone who does alterations in town, that would be a viable option, too!

There is A stationery shop next to The Opticians in The Atlantico Centre, that sells double-sided tape, and I am sure there is someone in Costa Antigua that alters curtains, have a look on face book!

Offline lynr

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 17:16:33 pm »
They have some in the big China shop in Caleta, near the taxi parking area. Wonder web that is!

Offline dagwood

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 17:21:00 pm »
Try Isobel on  ‭+353 (63) 756 1273‬

Offline Ducks

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 17:26:09 pm »
There is A stationery shop next to The Opticians in The Atlantico Centre, that sells double-sided tape, and I am sure there is someone in Costa Antigua that alters curtains, have a look on face book!

Will try that shop later tonight, perhaps, thanks! I don't have a FB, but I did find someone who had advertised on the Voice before who has a FB page, and have sent her a message inquiring about price.

They have some in the big China shop in Caleta, near the taxi parking area. Wonder web that is!

I will give that a look shortly, thank you! We've got so much stuff from that shop this week, but I had no idea they did hemming tape...

Is she in Antigua, by any chance? Will give that a go depending on what I hear back from the other lady I've already sent a message to. Thanks so much!

Offline woe10

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 17:39:17 pm »
Probably in the material shop "El Kilo", in Rosario.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 17:48:00 pm »

[/quot

In El Matorral, she works from her house. Her work is first class.

Offline rosamund

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 09:47:33 am »
I bought some in the Chinese shop in El matorall near ikea.

Offline Ducks

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 22:24:16 pm »
Just to report that the China Shop in town does have some, though I didn't get looking in the one by Ikea, which is probably for the best— you could lose a couple of weeks in there; it's massive!  :o

The girl who advertises in the Voice says she will do collection/return for €5.50 per metre, so I'm going to give that a try. She's supposed to come tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes!

Offline Ducks

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 12:35:42 pm »
Final report— got the curtains back yesterday from the girl I found in the Voice, and we're very happy with them! She was very speedy (collected Wednesday; returned Sunday), and offers a pick-up and drop-off service (which for our carless household was very appreciated).

It worked out at €33, which I thought was quite reasonable for four large curtains, and she also turned one of the off-cuts into a small curtain for underneath the kitchen sink— I will be getting drawers there eventually, but not until I can get a pump brought over from home... And until then, I have a bucket instead of proper drainage!  :o The little curtain covers up that horror quite nicely, and it looks great.

I would definitely recommend her if you are looking for alteration services, and I think she will travel island-wide. Her name is Gabirela— you can see examples of her work here, and you can contact her via FB here, or via WhatsApp if you're phobic of social media like me!

Still glad to have the WonderWeb, though— I have a pair of trousers that are just a bit too long so I might try fighting that battle myself later...  ;D

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 12:47:06 pm »
Brave Ducks !! I can use a needle & thread but don’t, ha ha. I resort to the wundaweb also 🤣😂🤣😂

Offline Ducks

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 13:04:46 pm »
Unfortunately, my plan might come unstuck —literally— if it's of the same quality as the masking tape I got there for painting. The only thing it would stick to was itself!  ;D

Most items there are fine, but occasionally you get the odd dud. Can't complain when most things are 90c, though.

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 00:35:14 am »
El Kilo/Popelin in Corralejo sell it although it seems very light weight compared to what you can get in UK - great for lightweight fabrics like nets though. Guess El Kilo in Puerto as suggested by Woe would stock the same and may have different weights.