Author Topic: Forum Moderation  (Read 1797 times)

Offline zedzedeleven

Re: Forum Moderation
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2018, 19:58:02 pm »
I think you knew exactly what you were doing when you made your post, knowing exactly what the response would be, well done, nice fishing, the bait taking by most.
/quote] If that is indeed the case he is an even bigger gormless prat than I first thought. Such juvenile schoolboy behaviour was done to death years ago in the early days of the internet. Still, always were behind the times were the welsh.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2018, 20:08:39 pm »
Stop it. You two are like Cagney and Lacey!
[/quo

Ron and John maybe Ron and Seal BUT
I think Abbott and Costello would fit the bill nicely 😂😂😂

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2018, 20:43:35 pm »
I am resident on Fuerteventura and will be happy to discuss it with you the next time you are here.
You are a big coward hiding his moustache

Offline erik_tonny

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2018, 20:47:14 pm »
You obviously have failed to comprehend from my posts that I  am very very anti The EU so it is highly unlikely I would have a future there ::)
Fuerteventura is part of EU
So leave the island and make it a better place !

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2018, 21:34:03 pm »
Only politically part of the EU or if a FREE Grant is going, you need to look up the part about the customs union etc

Offline erik_tonny

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2018, 21:56:30 pm »
100 % part of spain and thus 100 % EU
Only with certain custums exceptions

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2018, 21:57:12 pm »
Fuerteventura is part of EU

not exactly . . . . . . .

reading the posts here makes me realise why the locals say fuerteventura has the worst ex pats . . . . . . . .

in tenerife the locals dont hate the ex pats as much . . . . . although they dont exactly like them.

Offline ashworth

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2018, 07:30:15 am »
100 % part of spain and thus 100 % EU
Only with certain custums exceptions

Yes good differences like Vat only being 3/7%.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2018, 09:56:59 am »
I think you knew exactly what you were doing when you made your post, knowing exactly what the response would be, well done, nice fishing, the bait taking by most.

You have a very low opinion of me Tam ::) ::) ::)

Offline perrypower1

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2018, 10:58:31 am »
John,
I agree with you 100% regarding rules on this forum.
You know I am 180 degrees opposed to you regarding Brexit and the EU.
You and I know where each other lives and we are courteous to each other despite our strongly held views.

Got your back mate

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2018, 11:04:06 am »
I bet Brightspark would agree as well

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2018, 13:20:36 pm »

I assume that was meant as an insult !!

Offline ashworth

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2018, 13:24:45 pm »

He has moved on back in London.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2018, 14:06:03 pm »

He has moved on back in London.

Well, I suppose you could say that could be construed as progress for the forum ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 14:07:34 pm by Johnrgby2 »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2018, 16:27:33 pm »
He was in Scotland last I heard.   

Miss old brightsparks contributions. Said it like it is and kept the identity detectives and conspiracy theorists on their toes. ;)

Offline Charlie dont surf

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2018, 17:50:13 pm »
Hello, another control freak keen to force his petty fogging rules on the rest of the forum, why is it that some of these ego maniacs just cannot leave things alone, have to be in charge, have to have their stupid little rules, have to have the power to ban other people, start your own forum and leave this one alone and for your information it is moderated and it is invigilated. I should know, I have been on the sharp end of the admin tongue once or twice. Bloody Taffies.

Think what you like, I am neither a  control freak or an egomaniac, but neither do I go around insulting people for no reason, I just believe this forum would be better off without the mindless slagging matches that go on here. please feel free to disagree, but if you want to insult me do me the courtesy of doing it face to face.

This guy would have a great future in Brussels.

You obviously have failed to comprehend from my posts that I  am very very anti The EU so it is highly unlikely I would have a future there ::)

As you are so very very anti EU I guess you must be very very pro Brexit. Right?

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2018, 21:17:40 pm »
Hello, another control freak keen to force his petty fogging rules on the rest of the forum, why is it that some of these ego maniacs just cannot leave things alone, have to be in charge, have to have their stupid little rules, have to have the power to ban other people, start your own forum and leave this one alone and for your information it is moderated and it is invigilated. I should know, I have been on the sharp end of the admin tongue once or twice. Bloody Taffies.

Think what you like, I am neither a  control freak or an egomaniac, but neither do I go around insulting people for no reason, I just believe this forum would be better off without the mindless slagging matches that go on here. please feel free to disagree, but if you want to insult me do me the courtesy of doing it face to face.

As you are so very very anti EU I guess you must be very very pro Brexit. Right?

Would have thought that is obvious, but I am old enough to have been against our entering in the first place, even though what we joined was originally a common market, not the United States of Europe, it was never at the time being sold as a political union.

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2018, 22:24:23 pm »

Would have thought that is obvious, but I am old enough to have been against our entering in the first place, even though what we joined was originally a common market, not the United States of Europe, it was never at the time being sold as a political union.

It's hypocritical to reside in a country that is part of the EU and have such strong opinions regarding the governing body for that place. I would have thought anyone in your position should, if they are a person of principle, either want to remain within the EU or have a neutral stance. Or do you intend to return to the UK next March?

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2018, 08:03:52 am »
it was never at the time being sold as a political union.

im not sure there was ever a time it was sold to us truthfully.

"there cannot be any democratic choice against EU treaty" = we never signed up for that.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2018, 08:25:04 am »

It's hypocritical to reside in a country that is part of the EU and have such strong opinions regarding the governing body for that place. I would have thought anyone in your position should, if they are a person of principle, either want to remain within the EU or have a neutral stance. Or do you intend to return to the UK next March?

While it is debatable whether this Island is part of The EU, I live here as we prefer the climate and lifestyle, my opinions on the EU and the effect membership of The EU has on the United Kindom are a separate issue, although we were entitled to vote in the referendum, we did not, as that would have been hypocritical, and no I have no intention of relocating to The UK any time soon, that is not to say we would not relocate to in the future, either to the UK or somewhere else in the world that we percieve as having a better life style
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 10:06:22 am by Johnrgby2 »

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2018, 08:27:20 am »
John,
I agree with you 100% regarding rules on this forum.
You know I am 180 degrees opposed to you regarding Brexit and the EU.
You and I know where each other lives and we are courteous to each other despite our strongly held views.

Got your back mate

Cheers Perry, I appreciate that.

Offline erik_tonny

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2018, 09:59:30 am »

I live here as we prefer the climate and lifestyle, my opinions on the EU are a separate issue

A true parasite

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2018, 10:17:35 am »

While it is debatable whether this Island is part of The EU

its only very mearly just about in the EU becuase of a very thinly inked agreement, its about as far as you can get to not really in the EU but uses the euro.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2018, 10:55:05 am »

its only very merely just about in the EU because of a very thinly inked agreement, it's about as far as you can get to not really in the EU but uses the euro.

Viva

You only have to look in The Supermarkets and look at the countries of origin on some of their products particularly meat and fish, EG. they sell beef from any number of South American countries, `as we did in the UK prior to the EU and the reason it is relatively inexpensive is they are not tied to EU tariffs and subsidies,
besides why because I am anti-EU I should move back to The UK defeats me I lived there for over 40 years while they were in the EU and paid all the taxes, fees and licenses required to run my business and there were many of them mostly EU instigated, we owe no one anything we are totally self-sufficient and will live where we wish. if I had decided to leave the UK every time I disagreed with something the British government did, I would have left in the early 70,s the first time, and every couple of months since then.

Offline erik_tonny

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2018, 11:05:42 am »
besides why because I am anti-EU I should move back to The UK defeats me
Nobody suggested that you should go back to the UK. (Besides, they already have enough problems there  ;))
But if you are so totally anti EU, it is inconceivable that you continue to live in a european country (which spain is)

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2018, 12:40:43 pm »
That's a bold statement. Why?

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2018, 15:14:48 pm »

its only very merely just about in the EU because of a very thinly inked agreement, it's about as far as you can get to not really in the EU but uses the euro.

Viva

You only have to look in The Supermarkets and look at the countries of origin on some of their products particularly meat and fish, EG. they sell beef from any number of South American countries, `as we did in the UK prior to the EU and the reason it is relatively inexpensive is they are not tied to EU tariffs and subsidies,
besides why because I am anti-EU I should move back to The UK defeats me I lived there for over 40 years while they were in the EU and paid all the taxes, fees and licenses required to run my business and there were many of them mostly EU instigated, we owe no one anything we are totally self-sufficient and will live where we wish. if I had decided to leave the UK every time I disagreed with something the British government did, I would have left in the early 70,s the first time, and every couple of months since then.

Not sure I understand your logic re Country of Origin of supermarket produce. A lot of their fruit and veg comes from Spain. Just like in the UK and the rest of Europe. They probably import the beef from South America because that's where most of the 'locals' originate from and that's what they demand. Nothing to do with tariffs.
Guess it suits you with your anti EU dialogue to claim that Fuerteventura isn't part of the EU. If it's Spanish territory then it's in the EU. Considering your views can you explain why, post Brexit, you think you have the right to reside in Spain (enjoying the lifestyle and the weather) when somebody Spanish probably wont have the same privilege, to reside in the UK?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2018, 15:53:35 pm »
If he voted in the referendum he voted to take Britain out not Spain.. that's if he voted at all. Why should he not be able to live in Spain just because the EU project doesn't float his boat. Are we saying then that once brexit takes place all the remainers will have to leave the UK because they don't agree with the political set up ?

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2018, 16:14:52 pm »
Just wondered how expats with this very very strong opinion think. Obviously, a citizen of the EU currently has freedom of movement within the EU which enables Brits to live in any EU country. If you are anti EU and pro Brexit then why should you retain this right post Brexit? Surely that's double standards as well as hypercritical.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2018, 16:42:02 pm »
Talk about bovine Peacus.