Author Topic: Forum Moderation  (Read 2209 times)

Offline dagwood

Re: Forum Moderation
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2018, 16:46:50 pm »
Just wondered how expats with this very very strong opinion think. Obviously, a citizen of the EU currently has freedom of movement within the EU which enables Brits to live in any EU country. If you are anti EU and pro Brexit then why should you retain this right post Brexit? Surely that's double standards as well as hypercritical.

Charlie, expats with this strong opinion didn’t think and that’s the problem now.

Offline Charlie dont surf

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2018, 17:16:51 pm »
Daggie...hope ivemovedon doesn't get jealous! It just gets my goat when somebody living the European dream starts shouting and boasting about how very very anti European they are. Talk about wanting their cake and eat it too.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2018, 17:59:12 pm »
I believe that these brave Brexiters problems started when they won a referendum that they expected to loose. Now they haven’t a clue what to do next. And neither does anyone else. What a perfect mess.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2018, 18:16:11 pm »
Now now boy's you're getting all over excited about a guy who wants to live in FV but thinks Britain is better off out of Europe. I reckon you might find there are a good few more than him who think the same thing.

As I said then ...do we kick out all Europeans living in Britain post Brexit because they don't hold dear to the values of brexit and prefer the European dream ?. Do we boot them all out or expect them to leave voluntarily because they dislike a brexit Britain?. Of course not ,and you two would be the first one's squealing about it if we did.  ;)

So come on..you know what you're saying is a crock of s*!t.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 18:19:27 pm by Ivemovedon »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2018, 18:24:00 pm »
You could kick them out but you would be kicking out all the people with the brains and become a nation of complete knuckle heads.
Just like Hitler (lucky enough)kicked out Oppenheimer who was also a European.

Offline paully

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2018, 18:24:52 pm »
Now now boy's you're getting all over excited about a guy who wants to live in FV but thinks Britain is better off out of Europe. I reckon you might find there are a good few more than him who think the same thing.

As I said then ...do we kick out all Europeans living in Britain post Brexit because they don't hold dear to the values of brexit and prefer the European dream ?. Do we boot them all out or expect them to leave voluntarily because they dislike a brexit Britain?. Of course not ,and you two would be the first one's squealing about it if we did.  ;)

Well said and John is perfectly entitled to his views, whatever they may be and said from wherever he chooses to live. In exactly the same way as those who denigrate him. Its called equal rights and free speech.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2018, 18:33:48 pm »
You could kick them out but you would be kicking out all the people with the brains and become a nation of complete knuckle heads.
Just like Hitler (lucky enough)kicked out Oppenheimer who was also a European.

Then we could very nicely ask them to leave. Telling them exactly what you have told Johnrgby2. If you don't accept our political views then bugger off.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 18:45:14 pm by Ivemovedon »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2018, 18:57:16 pm »
Nicely ah you would just use those two magic words first starts with F and the second with an O. But it won’t come to that because with the mess the country will be in they’ll leave of their own accord.
Just like John who won’t come back. As is his right.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2018, 19:24:46 pm »
Have to laugh here dagwood.  :D :D You seem to be the only one on this earth who knows what brexit is going to bring to the British nation.

Sorry for reverting to dagwood but daggie seemed to imply to some that we were having it off. ;)

Offline dagwood

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2018, 19:41:46 pm »
Have to laugh here dagwood.  :D :D You seem to be the only one on this earth who knows what brexit is going to bring to the British nation.

Sorry for reverting to dagwood but daggie seemed to imply to some that we were having it off. ;)

Correct, me and everyone outside of the Brexiters.
Probably better if we stick to proper names❤️❤️❤️

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2018, 20:04:27 pm »
so to sum up, everyone not in UK but in EU wants britain in the EU now after years of scorn and short memories of us helping the EU be a thing.

funny, but its pretty obvious why £££££££££££££££££

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2018, 20:20:00 pm »

Correct, me and everyone outside of the Brexiters.
Probably better if we stick to proper names❤️❤️❤️

Oh yes those same one's outside of brexiters such as George Osbourne the supposed economic expert at the time. Yes he knew a lot didn't he?. Like you he knew sweet FA.

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2018, 09:05:31 am »

If there are non-brits living in Britain who very clearly state that they don't want anything to do with GB,,,I'm pretty sure they will be asked (and probably helped) to leave .

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2018, 09:27:41 am »
If they have a decent enough job in Britain they won't want to lose it and be repatriated for political reasons out of their control. If they don't have a job then it would be in everyone's best interest, bar their country of origin who will have to provide for them again, if they went on their way. either voluntarily or with a little persuasion.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2018, 09:35:13 am »
Another difference that seems to be forgotten is that expats in FV have to prove they have some form of income before acceptance so they are not a burden to the state. So what does it matter what his political tastes are or where lives. He owe's nobody anything.

Offline erik_tonny

« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2018, 09:57:14 am »
Another difference that seems to be forgotten is that expats in FV have to prove they have some form of income before acceptance so they are not a burden to the state. So what does it matter what his political tastes are or where lives. He owe's nobody anything.
You still don't really understand do you?
It isn't about if you are allowed to stay !
It's about the hypocritical attitude staying somwhere you detest just because the climate is good

« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2018, 10:24:39 am »
It's not about rights. The bottom line is you're either a person of principles of you're not. A man without principles should stay anonomymous and certainly not try to dictate to the rest of us.

Offline paully

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2018, 10:28:03 am »
You still don't really understand do you?
It isn't about if you are allowed to stay !
It's about the hypocritical attitude staying somwhere you detest just because the climate is good

No Spike its you that doesn`t understand......People who believe in a free world,those that run the EU well only if it coincides with their own viewpoint, exactly like you, are able to live wherever they choose and if climate is important to them, then that`s fine. I think most people would fail to see hypocrisy because what you are quoting is pure politics and that is always just theatre, no more no less.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2018, 10:41:55 am »
Guys

This is going to be my last post on this thread.

I have been coming to This Island on and off for nearly 40 years, I do not remember saying at any stage that I detest the place, we are fortunate that we are able to live anywhere in The World we want, we live here simply because  my wife loves the place and the climate suits her, she moved all around The UK as my job moved me every 18/24 months, and never complained, I made a promise that when she called time we would settle where she wanted, which is what we have done, what are my thoughts on The Island it would not have been my first choice,
but I was asked some 20 years ago where I called home as I am obviously Welsh and had not lived there for a very long time, my answer was then and is now home to me is where my wife is, end off.

My issues with the EU are very simple, it is not what we initially signed up to, but successive governments of both colours, allowed The UK to be drawn into The United States of Europe.
but my biggest gripe is

.A. it is Unelected
.B. it is Undemocratic.
.C. By all accounts not accountable to anyone.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2018, 11:31:20 am »
There's some real bitter attitudes on here towards anyone who opposes the EU. Just an extension in my view of the EU negotiators treatment of the UK brexit team. Trying to protect their dying dynasty at all costs to keep the gravy train rolling on. I can see why they are doing it but the protectionism of those on here I find a little harder to digest

Offline erik_tonny

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2018, 11:53:45 am »
There's some real bitter attitudes on here towards anyone who opposes the EU. Just an extension in my view of the EU negotiators treatment of the UK brexit team. Trying to protect their dying dynasty at all costs to keep the gravy train rolling on. I can see why they are doing it but the protectionism of those on here I find a little harder to digest
You may oppose the EU all you like and on some issues you may even have good cause.
But if you oppose a country of group of countries so strongly, it seems strange (to say the least) to live there voluntarily.

It's like some (moslim) immigrants who detest everything about Holland but stay there only for the financial benefits.
You don't like it? Bug off.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2018, 12:02:44 pm »
Political preference should have no more bearing on where you live than religious. This is the 21st century. Not 1940.

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2018, 13:40:41 pm »
Brexit is undoubtedly the biggest event for the UK since the second word war. It's such an emotive topic and will change the UK forever. For better or for worse nobody knows but one thing for sure it will change our relationship with the people from the rest of Europe. It's a snub to them. We no longer want to be in their club. Personally, I prefer the lifestyle in Europe, especially Spain, Portugal and even Italy. There's more community spirit than in the UK and people generally have more passion for life. Their high streets are still buzzing and they tend to support the smaller businessman. Most places have vibrant food markets where communities mix and you can buy local produce and stop for a beer or a glass of wine. It's civilised. Obviously, the climate is a factor but it's not only the weather. They're just more easy going, not as materialistic and are able to get along with each other. Generally, they still have family values. They don't back stab or shaft their neighbours.
You could say we perhaps had this spirit in the UK 20 or so years ago and it would be great to get that back but in reality, we know it's been lost forever. There is no going back.
I'm patriotic, buy British whenever I can and will be cheering on England on Monday, however, I like the European way of life and I think if you want to live that life then respect it and ,like it or not, respect that the being in the EU allows for that privelege.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2018, 15:55:04 pm »
Not sure if you are an expat but if you are don't you think after packing up your old kit bag and all that to bugger off to sunnier climes and the European way of life, it's a bit hypocritical to support England and buy British..shouldn't you be supporting Spain and buying Spanish ?.

That's not my opinion by the way but it should be yours if you feel a Brit living in FV has to support the EU (and not brexit ) to carry on residing there.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2018, 16:30:25 pm »
You make it sound like paradise Charlie, simply heaven. I absolutely totally disagree with you thinking BRITEX will change the UK for ever regarding out relationship with Europe, absolute garbage, the only thing it will change is the UK Eurocraps the likes of Neil Kinnock and his sponging family getting richer on the back of UK Taxpayers.

Fuerteventura in the EU, what a laugh, on paper maybe but embracing it like Gullibleland (England) is once again total rubbish, a few examples, (please, please dont blame the language barrier as an excuse for anything) try starting a Taxi Business up on the Island or getting a job in the Taxi Business, try starting a Driving School on the Island, try getting a job as a Waiter or barman in the main hotels, try getting a job in the Public Sector on the Island.

The Islands idea of an immigration policy was to import a lot of Black African Slave labour into Fuerteventura during the building boom (thats how Tamaragua came into existence), after they finished with them, they rounded them all up and shipped them to mainland Spain, guess which country they pointed them in the direction of????? not difficult if you dont think to hard "Gullibleland",as I am sure they will do with the latest boatload they have accepted.

Britex, you are starting to believe the garbage the politictians are spewing out, "One of the Biggest Changes in UK History", get real, we are knackered anyway.

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2018, 17:29:42 pm »
The moment the vote was counted it instantly divided the population in half. Give me an example of a bigger change in UK History?

We are all knackered anyway? With that attitude perhaps you should consider emigrating. There's a big world out there and yes, some of it is heaven compared to what we have in some parts of the U.K.

« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2018, 17:59:24 pm »
Not sure if you are an expat but if you are don't you think after packing up your old kit bag and all that to bugger off to sunnier climes and the European way of life, it's a bit hypocritical to support England and buy British..shouldn't you be supporting Spain and buying Spanish ?.

That's not my opinion by the way but it should be yours if you feel a Brit living in FV has to support the EU (and not brexit ) to carry on residing there.

Sounds like you need a holiday. Reckon Margate would suit you. Don't forget some factor 50 for your pale skin.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2018, 18:11:28 pm »
Never mind about Margate. Don't go all daggie on me..at least provide some insight to the question and cut the bull.

Make some attempt to wriggle out of it  ;) 

« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2018, 18:14:27 pm »
Don't take much to get your goat does it? You going through the change?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2018, 18:22:44 pm »
Not much of a wriggle....but I think it's the best I'm gonna get.. ;)