Author Topic: NIE Green Card  (Read 396 times)

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
NIE Green Card
« on: June 18, 2018, 14:53:15 pm »
Hi, Guys management has lost her green card, I assume to get a copy we have to go to Puerto to The Policia National, anyone had any experience, as to how much hassle it is and do I need to take an interpreter?

Offline Lexeus

Re: NIE Green Card
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 15:59:02 pm »
Which document are you referring to exactly? Do you just need a certificate of NIE? i.e. the tax ID. Or are you referring to the residence permit?

Either way there is only the single office in Puerto to get anything as far as I am aware. It was surprisingly easy my last visit a couple of months ago, no waiting at all and if you get the bald guy he seems to like to excerise his english even if you speak Spanish and he's pretty good although I do understand his Spanish too... On the other hand, I saw another guy the same day (went to the bank to pay my dues) and he wasn't very chatty or helpful

Also, you are going to need one of these forms filled out and paid at the bank: https://sede.policia.gob.es/Tasa790_012/ImpresoRellenar
If you have a printer at home, fill it out, download the pdf file, and print it out and pay it at any bank. In one bank I think there were free copies but I print my own in advance now.

A NIE tax id certificate is: ".Asignación de Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE) a instancia del interesado." €9.54

A Residency certificate is: "Certificado de registro de residente comunitario o Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de un ciudadano de la Unión." €10.71

Edit: checked my favourites and I found this gem which gives you a few helpful tips on filling in the forms (You can't take it as 100% because it is for Barcelona so don't go making an appointment with them :) )
https://www.citylifebarcelona.com/how-to-obtain-a-nietie-in-barcelona/
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 16:21:09 pm by Lexeus »

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
Re: NIE Green Card
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 16:52:59 pm »
It is a green card about the size of a debit card, we/she has all the rest.