Author Topic: Russia 🇷🇺  (Read 5047 times)

Offline dagwood

Russia 🇷🇺
« on: June 19, 2018, 10:27:34 am »
Congratulations England on their win last night and good luck in the tournament.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
Re: Russia 🇷🇺
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 10:46:32 am »
Congratulations England on their win last night and good luck in the tournament.

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH DAGWOOD??????

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:09:17 am by Johnrgby2 »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 10:54:48 am »
I drew the feckers in a buster. I suppose me €20 will be down the pan soon  😡😡😡.
But seriously I hope they do well.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:57:04 am by dagwood »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 11:56:03 am »
Dream on daggie

Offline malabu

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 15:28:50 pm »
Why dream on, its gets to me when if England lose we are number two, if we win we where boring, just what do you people want, at leased daggie wished us all the best, and not told us to dream on

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 15:51:42 pm »
They were average. . In fact apart from the two goals we were pretty poor. No good saying they are looking like world beaters when they most definitely are not.

I'll be the first to cheer them on when or if they deserve it. On that showing they didn't and will struggle to beat Belgium.

It get's to me when people think mediocrity of £100,000 + a week players is acceptable.

Offline malabu

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 17:06:35 pm »
No team outstanding yet, but there countrymen are not putting them down,

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 17:33:01 pm »
I'm not interested in the rest of them. Just want England to improve to have a chance of going further. Not sure they have it in them...
...but I hope so

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 20:06:12 pm »
Our YOUNG lads played really well against a dirty team which are renowned for being difficult to break down. It could have been 6-1, the finishing touches just let them down, probably the flies got in there eyes.

Our defence looks a little bit ropey, it will be interesting to see how well the back four/five do against Belgium.  We will definatly get through to the Quarters.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 20:11:51 pm »
Could have been 6-1 if we had anyone who could score other than Harry kane. Some of the finishing was atrocious and I'm not sure what Stirlings all about sometimes. They better pull their socks up all round if the want to  get anywhere near your target.

Having said that haven't seen an outstanding team yet apart from maybe Mexico's one performance.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 21:43:22 pm »
You must have missed the Spain vs Portugal match. Spain played some of the best football ever seen at a world cup. A jammy penalty, a keepers mistake and a truly BRILLIANT free kick outdone them, the team are a true class act in every department, you can allow even the best of keepers an odd mistake.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 22:03:15 pm »
Too early to tell after one game but class usually shines through. Certainly been some entertaining games.

Offline decho

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 07:07:30 am »
You must have missed the Spain vs Portugal match. Spain played some of the best football ever seen at a world cup. A jammy penalty, a keepers mistake and a truly BRILLIANT free kick outdone them, the team are a true class act in every department, you can allow even the best of keepers an odd mistake.
Indeed this was a fabulous game, so exciting and some superb football on show for the whole 90 minutes....and then of course there was that Ronaldo free kick.....Real Class!

Offline jill tie

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2018, 11:06:15 am »
Dare to dream?  if we come first or 2nd in the group we will play the winners of group  H which is
looking like Japan and Senegal at the moment.  After that who knows.  The way I see it at least
Kanes not taking the corners which has to be a good thing.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 11:22:26 am »
Hate to be a party pooper and I hope I am totally wrong but I can see the first decent side England come up against will prove their downfall. Haven't seen anything yet from them that would change my mind. Dodgy defensively, a good quality striker will give them big problems, and a one man band up front.

But you never know, they could suddenly turn a corner..... ;)

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 14:23:13 pm »
Apart from Spain, England have played better than any other team in the World Cup. Great team spirit, no pressure like the old days, and Southgate is proving all the critics wrong, he picked the team not the media as has been the case in the last four world cups. GOOD LUCK BOYS YOUR DOING US PROUD

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 14:54:53 pm »
They've only played one game. Bit early to set out the bunting and bring on the dancing girls.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 16:15:14 pm »
They don't have to play any games to fetch on the dancing girls, always a joy at anytime :D ;D ;D

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2018, 11:41:36 am »
Soon going to find out if they are quarter final material.

Keeping the dancing girls on standby. ;)

Offline dagwood

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 15:29:26 pm »
Congratulations England great win

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 16:43:59 pm »
After watching so many disappointing England performances over the years in the world cup (Iceland still hurts), it was a pure joy to watch the lads totally destroy the opposition, saying that, at times I thought they had sent their Rugby Team by mistake. Now the world cup really starts for the lads. I hope and pray I am wrong but our defence looked really vulnerable of at least six occasions, in particular all along our left flank,De Bruyne, Lakaku and in particular Hazard are a whole different ball game, on paper it should be a classic.

Offline malabu

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2018, 17:41:51 pm »
I'm not interested in the rest of them. Just want England to improve to have a chance of going further. Not sure they have it in them...
...but I hope so

WELL?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2018, 18:07:46 pm »
More or less of the same opinion as tamkid. Good performance against a very poor side. But concerns over defending. The last game against Belgium will not be an indicator if qualification is not riding on it. I expect them to hit problems when they come up against world class strikers. And I'm still wondering what Stirling's about.

Offline MalT

• Bluebirds
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2018, 13:49:53 pm »
Good luck to England, but think they will fall short, quite fancy Croatia 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2018, 14:25:36 pm »
Croatia are one team I would not like to play against, they don't hold back, absolutely committed. The balance of our back three are the key to our chances, playing Walker out of his normal position could be our weakness, and Stones, though a brilliant back, he's a bit inconsistent, lets hope I am completely and utterly wrong - COME ON ENGLAND lets wop the Walloons, ever onward.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2018, 17:07:43 pm »
Krauts out... IT'S AN OMEN  ;)

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2018, 20:49:24 pm »
Yeah its telling me I'm a mug gambler, knocked me out of half of my bets

Offline malabu

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2018, 13:17:14 pm »
Good luck tonight England carry on making us proud, let’s see you go all the way.  :)

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2018, 20:13:30 pm »
Krauts out... IT'S AN OMEN  ;)

Errr perhaps not.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2018, 20:53:24 pm »
Bad day at the office, they tried hard.  Better luck against Colombia. They could do with a bit of target practice I think