Author Topic: Russia 🇷🇺  (Read 5536 times)

Offline malabu

Re: Russia 🇷🇺
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2018, 05:44:21 am »
Krauts out... IT'S AN OMEN  ;)

Errr perhaps not.
[/quote
You may not be proud but I still am]

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2018, 05:56:18 am »
Proud of getting beaten by a second rate Belgian side?. No i can't say I am.

Fail to see why anyone else would be either.

Let's see how it goes with Columbia, but I'm not getting too excited. Seen all the pre tournament hype before. Many times.

Offline malabu

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2018, 08:33:07 am »
You don’t seem to have a lot to say nice about your country, so we came second but we can still be proud, we don’t have to win to do that surly

Online erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2018, 08:35:51 am »
Proud of getting beaten by a second rate Belgian side?. No i can't say I am.
All them english tattoos con't ever win over Manneke Pis.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2018, 11:13:11 am »
You don’t seem to have a lot to say nice about your country, so we came second but we can still be proud, we don’t have to win to do that surly

I am very proud of my country and nobody sticks up for them any more than I do. But I like to think I am not blinded by patriotism. They are not a great team and that's that. Pride will not change it.  As I say I Don't fancy them going much further but will be the first to give credit where it's due if they prove me wrong. Last night was rubbish considering at least 6 of them were fighting for places in the first team.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2018, 17:29:50 pm »
The manager is on a £1.5 million bonus to win the world cup, the players are averaging £250,000 each, just reminding everyone it is not really about football that is secondary as are the mug fans from both countries who paid a fortune to watch that micky mouse game. Money, money and more money are first and foremost the fans are always secondary. Every match in the world cup should be battled for with your best team (wishful thinking) or at least with a maximum of 4 changes from the previous winning team, last night was just pure garbage.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2018, 19:43:14 pm »
Dead right. money has taken over the game to the point where it no longer seems to be the working mans choice of spending a Saturday afternoon.Roy keane got it right when he said the prawn sandwich brigade have taken over and ruined the atmosphere at premiership games.

And money is one of the reasons I think our National game has suffered for the last 20 odd years. Quick fix over paid imports from Africa, S America and elsewhere are preferred to home grown, and to me it's a direct consequence that the England team is suffering. Its a fact that the percentage of English players in the premiership is low..too low to sustain or promote decent International players. Not sure what the answer is and others may feel this is not the problem. There is something wrong somewhere though.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2018, 20:56:00 pm »
GREED and a total disregard for the fans, is what's wrong. If I am honest, I cant really get my head around what was wrong with the Belgium vs England game, it just didn't sit right, what was the point? why not just toss a coin and return the fans money and save us having to watch a game of football that nobody was really bothered about winning, it is supposed to be "GREATEST SPORTING EVENT IN THE WORLD", what a joke, there is nothing sporting in putting your worst teams out.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2018, 21:33:26 pm »

All last nights game showed us is that Belgium's reserve team is a lot better than ours.

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2018, 21:55:41 pm »
I know nothing about football, has never interested me but as an observation, is it not a case of putting out what you had to put out to play the game through & holding your best back for the next (more important game) ???

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2018, 22:26:28 pm »
Unfortunately it is.

Unless you lose that next important game. Then you ask yourself if we had played our best side against Belgium could it have kept the team on a roll and the winning streak ticking over? 

We will find out on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 22:28:01 pm by Ivemovedon »

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2018, 20:05:12 pm »
To me it makes more sense to play your best team or nearly best team at all times, to keep motivation, moral, well oiled and most importantly sharpness. I feel Southgate has made a huge mistake, the team that comes out on Tuesday night will have been out of action for over a week, its just to long, nothing about the decision feels right.

Offline ashworth

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2018, 06:34:53 am »
Dead right. money has taken over the game to the point where it no longer seems to be the working mans choice of spending a Saturday afternoon.Roy keane got it right when he said the prawn sandwich brigade have taken over and ruined the atmosphere at premiership games.

And money is one of the reasons I think our National game has suffered for the last 20 odd years. Quick fix over paid imports from Africa, S America and elsewhere are preferred to home grown, and to me it's a direct consequence that the England team is suffering. Its a fact that the percentage of English players in the premiership is low..too low to sustain or promote decent International players. Not sure what the answer is and others may feel this is not the problem. There is something wrong somewhere though.
Let me explain it to you. The UK Acadamy system gives any UK kid good at football the opportunity to become a Professional Footballer. These academies in the Premiership and Championship are state of the art. They develop our UK kids and give them every opportunity to progress into becoming a full time professional, but you have to work hard and be dedicated, forget the booze and give it 100%. In my experience having been involved in Acadamys many UK kids just don't have the dedication that many of the overseas players have.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2018, 09:14:11 am »
No good showing dedication, coming through the Premiership academy and then being loaned out to lesser teams while the club's spend big bucks on the finished article from abroad. Let me explain to you that there is too much money at the top level to bother nurturing young home growns through the system. The premiership demands it..win at all costs. They reach a certain level and then the risks appear to be too great to give them game time. You get the odd ones coming through but nowhere near enough to reach International standard.

Offline ashworth

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2018, 09:26:48 am »
No good showing dedication, coming through the Premiership academy and then being loaned out to lesser teams while the club's spend big bucks on the finished article from abroad. Let me explain to you that there is too much money at the top level to bother nurturing young home growns through the system. The premiership demands it..win at all costs. They reach a certain level and then the risks appear to be too great to give them game time. You get the odd ones coming through but nowhere near enough to reach International standard.
Total nonsense. If you are good enough you will get there. The problem is we do not produce enough hungry dedicated kids anymore. Look at Scotland Where are the Laws, Dalglish, Souness etc etc.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2018, 09:44:58 am »
Too easy just to categorise our kids as lazy and disinterested. But then you are good at putting anything British down along with a few others on here.
The Scots don't produce good players any more because they all play in a second rate league. The ones who used to play at the top level in England are now replaced by S Americans and Africans. Just like the English.
The real nonsense is the fact that premiership clubs have no restraint on the amount of foreign players they can put out for a game as they do in other European countries.

And just to add.... the home grown quota of 8 players in a premiership squad is a joke. Cesc fabreras was regarded as home grown after coming through Arsenals Academy. As we all know he's Spanish and he plays for Spain. Home grown doesn't mean English it means you have to be affiliated to the FA for no less than 3 years.

Perhaps someone can explain then why most top Premiership teams struggle to put out a single Englishman, or produce real English players from their Academies. Don't tell me that it's because of our kids attitude because the lower clubs seem to produce them. In fact most English players in the top league ,few as there are, were brought in from lower division clubs.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 11:00:53 am by Ivemovedon »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2018, 10:12:40 am »
Total nonsense. If you are good enough you will get there. The problem is we do not produce enough hungry dedicated kids anymore. Look at Scotland Where are the Laws, Dalglish, Souness etc etc.

And don’t forget the Irish ☘️

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2018, 11:44:06 am »
no restraint on the amount of foreign players they can put out for a game as they do in other European countries.

this is not just in football, take africa for example, in some west african countries you cannot run for a local politicians job unless you where born there, yet anyone can come to UK and become a politician as long as they get voted in, same with lots of jobs, you cannot set up a company in most west african countries unless you employ over 91% locals, yet I know of hundred of chinese tech companies with UK offices and they employ 100% chinese staff, yet if you wnt to set up in china you HAVE to give the chinese government a percentage share of your company.

we are basically screwing ourselves over and then letting others screw us over again.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2018, 11:57:07 am »
The academy is not quite working Ashworth - see below. I can only think of one British player who plays in another top flight European League and that's BALE, if we did have any others that's were they would finish up, money, money, money, always talks, that's modern sport. After this world cup I think we could have a few more foreign players in the Premiership, always money Ashworth, always Money.

The club licencing benchmarking report shows that 69.2 per cent of Premier League players are foreigners - significantly higher than the next competition, the Cypriot first division (57.1 per cent).

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2018, 12:20:14 pm »
Dead right viva ...the lack of looking after British interests extends far beyond football. Foreign purchasers buying everything from old established businesses to any property in a decent location. No wonder our Utilities are run without a care for the British consumer and prices rocket. Why would owners who have no interest in the UK other than profits worry if the public gets value for money or a good service. IT all stinks and as tamkid says its down to money money money.

And so to football. What do foreign owners of premiership clubs care what effect the lack of English players has on our National game. In fact the pressure to succeed is so great even the few English managers put club before country. English football has been in decline for decades now and it is not getting any better, why?...because tv rights income since the birth of the premiership means they don't have to try hard enough to produce our own. Just fork out millions for tried and trusted foreigners.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2018, 15:56:48 pm »
Your both absolutely spot on, try exporting electronic components to the USA, or getting into their vast military market, its just about impossible. I have been involved with the New Homes Lease scandal, I traced back some of the financial institutions that have purchased the Freehold/Leases from the likes of Barratts/Persimmons etc all American, they now own a vast amount of ENGLISH land and property, the home owners are merely tenants, and the list go's on and on.

Ivemovedon your so right about the state of English football ownership and management, they either use club ownership to launder criminal money or merely for advertising and corporate events.  Then there's the changing of the Strip every few months, gullible parents paying for £50 plus for a top, not to mention the rest of the merchandise. I love football, but it has become a multi millionaires playground for elite sportsmen funded by mug supporters like me. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the footballers, I wish someone would offer me £330,000 a WEEK, that's the extreme, but £200,000 plus a week is very common. We should start a "Stop the Greed" campaign until they give something back to the supporters. The cheapest OFFICIAL ticket for the world cup final £336???,probably the average months wage in Russia.

Offline ashworth

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2018, 16:16:03 pm »
Dead right viva ...the lack of looking after British interests extends far beyond football. Foreign purchasers buying everything from old established businesses to any property in a decent location. No wonder our Utilities are run without a care for the British consumer and prices rocket. Why would owners who have no interest in the UK other than profits worry if the public gets value for money or a good service. IT all stinks and as tamkid says its down to money money money.

And so to football. What do foreign owners of premiership clubs care what effect the lack of English players has on our National game. In fact the pressure to succeed is so great even the few English managers put club before country. English football has been in decline for decades now and it is not getting any better, why?...because tv rights income since the birth of the premiership means they don't have to try hard enough to produce our own. Just fork out millions for tried and trusted foreigners.
Utter nonsense. Look at Golf we are turning out some of the best players in the world. Kids who are dedicated and have an amazing will to win. We have only had 1 decent Tennis player in the last 20 years.?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2018, 17:07:12 pm »
Can't see what your point is. It's not the lack of desire in our youngsters then. So it must be the system.
You sound a little muddled.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2018, 17:14:42 pm »
And both your examples are individual sports not team. What possible connection for over usage of foreigners is there in either of them?
What is it you are trying to say other than what I say is nonsense?.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2018, 17:23:54 pm »
When I pointed this out some months ago and got the head bitten off me, I was told I was being Anti British.
 No problem you’ll have your country back in nine months time and you can sort it all out then.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 17:26:02 pm by dagwood »

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2018, 18:44:57 pm »
For the number of people who play golf in the UK we turn out next to nothing, and the ones who have made it normally come from WHITE middle to upper class families. You do not see many Patel's, Mohammed's or Leroy's on the membership of many UK Golf Clubs, if any. Football is open to all classes and creed, unfortunately most of it is from abroad in our Premiership.

We have produced three Tennis Player in the past twenty years of any real significance for exactly the same reason as above "CLASS SNOBBERY", as for why nobody watches Athletics anymore, I wont go there, its to deep.

Offline ashworth

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2018, 23:09:25 pm »
For the number of people who play golf in the UK we turn out next to nothing, and the ones who have made it normally come from WHITE middle to upper class families. You do not see many Patel's, Mohammed's or Leroy's on the membership of many UK Golf Clubs, if any. Football is open to all classes and creed, unfortunately most of it is from abroad in our Premiership.

We have produced three Tennis Player in the past twenty years of any real significance for exactly the same reason as above "CLASS SNOBBERY", as for why nobody watches Athletics anymore, I wont go there, its to deep.
nt
What a plant plot. Any kid with talent black, blue, green or pink can become a champion. We have the system in place to produce champions but it takes dedication and 100% commitment that many kids dont have. 

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2018, 06:56:19 am »
Wrong again ashworth.  Or should I say Mrs ashworth.  ;)

And as an afterthought...we are just having a discussion on why we think the England team have been under performing for the last 25 years. No need to name call and get all hot under the collar. Cool down.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 07:41:28 am by Ivemovedon »

Offline ashworth

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2018, 08:04:32 am »
Too easy just to categorise our kids as lazy and disinterested. But then you are good at putting anything British down along with a few others on here.
The Scots don't produce good players any more because they all play in a second rate league. The ones who used to play at the top level in England are now replaced by S Americans and Africans. Just like the English.
The real nonsense is the fact that premiership clubs have no restraint on the amount of foreign players they can put out for a game as they do in other European countries.

And just to add.... the home grown quota of 8 players in a premiership squad is a joke. Cesc fabreras was regarded as home grown after coming through Arsenals Academy. As we all know he's Spanish and he plays for Spain. Home grown doesn't mean English it means you have to be affiliated to the FA for no less than 3 years.

Perhaps someone can explain then why most top Premiership teams struggle to put out a single Englishman, or produce real English players from their Academies. Don't tell me that it's because of our kids attitude because the lower clubs seem to produce them. In fact most English players in the top league ,few as there are, were brought in from lower division clubs.
Law played for Man Utd and Dalgliesh and Souness played for Liverpool so not sure about your Scotish comment? If You are good enough you will play for a premiership club it is a simple as that. Every English kid in the Academy system are given an unbelievable opportunity to progress to the top level but it is hard work and total commitment. So don't blame the overseas players they have always been around.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:07:07 am by ashworth »

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2018, 08:14:51 am »
Ashworth I will help you out just this once because I realise you have limited experience in the real world. There has been only two BLACK male tennis players in the history of the sport, the UK has one seeded BLACK teenage tennis player who gets racially abused online on a daily basis, the UK has no BLACK GOLFERS of any note, we have no BLACK cyclists of any note, we have no BLACK swimmers of any note, we have no BLACK rowers of any note, are you starting to get my drift, the list go's on and on. Have a read of ANY UK BLACK sports persons biography and what they have went through, I hope that helps you understand a little on what real life is, it seems to have passed your by.