Author Topic: Russia 🇷🇺  (Read 5616 times)

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
Re: Russia 🇷🇺
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2018, 08:30:41 am »
Brexit.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2018, 09:13:31 am »
Brussels went out before we did

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2018, 09:15:26 am »
They still beat us on the way.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2018, 09:23:52 am »
That result was was pointless and a waste of time. A bit like the EU

Offline dagwood

« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2018, 10:02:37 am »
That result was was pointless and a waste of time. A bit like the EU

Not a good looser Ivemovedon, it’s a repeat of when Ireland kicked Englands butt in the rugby.
Still the players did well and played their hearts out. They lost to a better team.
They have nothing to be ashamed of.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2018, 10:33:13 am »
I think Ivemovedon,Viva and of course Beachlife should issue a white paper on both Brexit and the World Cup.

Offline malabu

« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2018, 11:01:36 am »
Sorry I can't join the back slapping well done boys bit. They lost. And they lost to a team they should  have beaten.
I'm sure that's gonna throw the cat among the pigeons..but at the moment I don't really care. Bring it on.

BORROW ME A PHONE AND I WILL PHONE SOMEONE WHO GIVES A FECK WHAT YOU THINK.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2018, 11:23:53 am »
I think you mean lend you daft old coot.

Don't see defeat as any form of victory unlike you.

Offline malabu

« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2018, 11:29:56 am »

Borrow is a regular verb meaning ‘get something from someone, intending to give it back after a short time’:

Could I borrow your pen for a minute, please?

Laura used to borrow money from me all the time.

Typical error
When you give something, you lend it; when you get or receive something, you borrow it:

Can I borrow your dictionary?

Not: Can I lend your dictionary?

and no one has said it was a victory what i said was i don't care what you think, also the defeat of the remainers was not a form of victory for you then,
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 11:35:05 am by malabu »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2018, 12:50:22 pm »

Back in the name calling mode I notice which is the default setting for the pro Brexit people.

Offline beachlife

« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2018, 13:45:46 pm »
I think Ivemovedon,Viva and of course Beachlife should issue a white paper on both Brexit and the World Cup.

Keep up dagwood in the UK only a government can issue a white paper, but typical of you not to let facts get in the way of what you consider a pithy remark.

Also why I was hoping England all the best in the World cup, I`ve told you before I`m not English. So why should I comment on Englands performance in it?

Offline dagwood

« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2018, 15:08:28 pm »

Keep up dagwood in the UK only a government can issue a white paper, but typical of you not to let facts get in the way of what you consider a pithy remark.

Also why I was hoping England all the best in the World cup, I`ve told you before I`m not English. So why should I comment on Englands performance in it?

I'm sure  you lot wouldn't allow a minor detail like the UK sorry Disunited Kingdom government or what remains of it to stop you issuing a white paper or maybe even a brown one.
I like you ( and this is where the similarity ends) am not from England and genuinely wished the Team all the best and I must say overall the fans appear to have behaved reasonably well given previous history. Maybe they remembered the lesson the Irish Police gave Combat 18 on 15 of February 1995     
Now I hope Croatia go on to beat France, remember Terry Henry.   
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 16:18:26 pm by dagwood »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2018, 15:48:06 pm »
Sorry I can't join the back slapping well done boys bit. They lost. And they lost to a team they should  have beaten.
I'm sure that's gonna throw the cat among the pigeons..but at the moment I don't really care. Bring it on.

BORROW ME A PHONE AND I WILL PHONE SOMEONE WHO GIVES A FECK WHAT YOU THINK.

Lend me a phone not borrow me a phone. Get it right man.

Borrow and me together  is a no no .
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 15:54:50 pm by Ivemovedon »

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2018, 16:05:08 pm »
Short for lend me a borrowed phone.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2018, 16:27:41 pm »
I've got a spare phone if anyone's interested

Offline dagwood

« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2018, 16:51:38 pm »
I put a Nickel in the telephone and dialled Ivemovedons number
And got a burp brrr brrr brrr busy line.
Each time I tried I got a busy tone
Not ivemovedons number
Just a brrr brrr brrr brrr busy line.

Called his uncle in Jamaica (Windrush)
Left a message with the baker
Even checked the number in the telephone book
Got so awfully worried
To ivemovedons house I hurried
When I looked inside, the phone was off the hook

Offline beachlife

« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2018, 17:29:43 pm »

[/quote]

I'm sure  you lot wouldn't allow a minor detail like the UK sorry Disunited Kingdom government or what remains of it to stop you issuing a white paper or maybe even a brown one.
I like you ( and this is where the similarity ends) am not from England and genuinely wished the Team all the best and I must say overall the fans appear to have behaved reasonably well given previous history. Maybe they remembered the lesson the Irish Police gave Combat 18 on 15 of February 1995     
Now I hope Croatia go on to beat France, remember Terry Henry.   
[/quote]

Terry Henry????? Think you mean Thierry Henry, but its ok I know you are not bothered about facts.

Anyway you know whats going on all over the place. Whats happening with the Irish Ryanair pilot strikes strikes today, as an Irish person I would have thought that would have been of more importance to you.

The Irish carrier is facing strike action in many of the countries it operates in. German pilots are expected to vote over a pay and working conditions dispute later this month. Belgian, Portuguese and Spanish cabin crews are to strike on 25 and 26 July. Italian flight crews will also take industrial action on 25 July.

I thought MOL was an advocate of the EU but seems he can cherry pick which things he likes and which things he doesn`t when it comes to issues closer to home.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2018, 17:56:49 pm »
Same name different language. Not as sexy in English eh.
Re Ryanair strike it’s not about pay and nobody claimed it is as the Ryanair captains are paid approx €20k more than the equivalent Aer Lingus pilots. It’s about seniority and other trumped up stuff as the conditions as good if not better than most airlines. It affected about 30 flights to the U.K. and most passengers were fixed up on other flights and no European flights were affected. Aer Lingus pilots are behind this strike it seems.   

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2018, 18:04:35 pm »
I put a Nickel in the telephone and dialled Ivemovedons number
And got a burp brrr brrr brrr busy line.
Each time I tried I got a busy tone
Not ivemovedons number
Just a brrr brrr brrr brrr busy line.

Called his uncle in Jamaica (Windrush)
Left a message with the baker
Even checked the number in the telephone book
Got so awfully worried
To ivemovedons house I hurried
When I looked inside, the phone was off the hook

You sure you didn't ring Terry Henry by mistake. ;)

Offline beachlife

« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2018, 18:42:03 pm »
Re Ryanair strike it’s not about pay and nobody claimed it is as the Ryanair captains are paid approx €20k more than the equivalent Aer Lingus pilots. It’s about seniority and other trumped up stuff as the conditions as good if not better than most airlines. It affected about 30 flights to the U.K. and most passengers were fixed up on other flights and no European flights were affected. Aer Lingus pilots are behind this strike it seems.

Only you mentioned pay I never thought it was about pay. Its so easy to jump to conclusions when replies are so short and concise, but you like it like that.

Ryanair and union officials are in dispute over the issue of a seniority agreement for pilots.

Pilots are seeking a clearer system for dealing with issues such as base allocation, annual leave and matters related to length of service. In other words conditions of service which the EU should be protecting. They have long complained of poor working conditions and meagre employment rights as a result of Ryanair’s model of employing them via third-party agencies.

Any further disruption could start to crystallise an image of Ryanair as a risky bet that makes paying an extra 10% or so for another airline seem like a good insurance policy.

One concern for Ryanair must be that any cancellation comes with the memory of last winter’s travails still relatively fresh. Thousands of passengers had their flights cancelled due to a blunder in the airline’s staffing roster.

Their brand is built on being reliable chaps whose parents weren't married when they were born. What the strikes threaten to do is question the reliability. They’re more resilient than others because they’ve never promised anything more than no-frills but deliver on what they promise.That also leaves them less margin for error, so when you get problems it threatens to affect your brand.

Personally I`m looking at Easyjet and Jet2 for August now due to the possibility of action escalating. I imagine I will not be alone.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2018, 18:44:42 pm »
There was a forum with some Master Baters
Plokers to the core, and people haters
They bitched and moaned always trying to bait
Turning the forum into something third rate

Britex was favourite, they had a byte ball
Trying to convince everyone, they knew it all,
The reality is, they haven’t a clue
Nobody does, we are all in the stew

Brightspark the resident troll, of the lowest order,
I believe he lives across the border,
With his many user names, he tries to wreak havoc
The reality is he is one sad faggot

Offline dagwood

« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2018, 18:51:19 pm »

Only you mentioned pay I never thought it was about pay. Its so easy to jump to conclusions when replies are so short and concise, but you like it like that.

Ryanair and union officials are in dispute over the issue of a seniority agreement for pilots.

Pilots are seeking a clearer system for dealing with issues such as base allocation, annual leave and matters related to length of service. In other words conditions of service which the EU should be protecting. They have long complained of poor working conditions and meagre employment rights as a result of Ryanair’s model of employing them via third-party agencies.

Any further disruption could start to crystallise an image of Ryanair as a risky bet that makes paying an extra 10% or so for another airline seem like a good insurance policy.

One concern for Ryanair must be that any cancellation comes with the memory of last winter’s travails still relatively fresh. Thousands of passengers had their flights cancelled due to a blunder in the airline’s staffing roster.

Their brand is built on being reliable chaps whose parents weren't married when they were born. What the strikes threaten to do is question the reliability. They’re more resilient than others because they’ve never promised anything more than no-frills but deliver on what they promise.That also leaves them less margin for error, so when you get problems it threatens to affect your brand.

Personally I`m looking at Easyjet and Jet2 for August now due to the possibility of action escalating. I imagine I will not be alone.

German pilots are expected to vote over a pay and working conditions dispute later this month.
The 3rd part agency’s are not in disputed.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 18:53:15 pm by dagwood »

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2018, 19:39:18 pm »
stuff

from the same boring racist moron who said oleary would never allow unions in ryanair and denied they had to allow them legally.

why? lol well thats a EU law you see ;)

Offline dagwood

« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2018, 19:49:53 pm »
There was a forum with some Master Baters
Plokers to the core, and people haters
They bitched and moaned always trying to bait
Turning the forum into something third rate

Britex was favourite, they had a byte ball
Trying to convince everyone, they knew it all,
The reality is, they haven’t a clue
Nobody does, we are all in the stew

Brightspark the resident troll, of the lowest order,
I believe he lives across the border,
With his many user names, he tries to wreak havoc
The reality is he is one sad faggot

Is this Shakespeare or Kilroy was here. 😀😀😀

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2018, 20:10:05 pm »
Obviously Shaky spear

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2018, 08:28:33 am »
Conspiracy theories still alive and kicking lol

Offline malabu

« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2018, 08:41:35 am »
Well final weekend of the World Cup and England still playing, not many people would have thought that on here, but let’s hope this is not the end but just the beginning, come on England still proud.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2018, 09:39:02 am »
They did your country proud and may still do some more.
It’s a shame that the usual mouth pieces had to turn this thread into something else and belittle them. The comments from these know all’s were Extremely caustic as usual. It would have been good if some useful observations and a bit of football banter had been allowed to develop and would have been enjoyable. But you won’t get that from these have beens. If they don’t get center stage they will spoil everything. They actually believe that because I’m not English I had no right to make any comment on the English team or wish them well. It proves how tunnelled their outlook is. I suppose they should be shown pity.
Unfortunately the dying wasp really has the most dangerous sting.
But I’m glad I started it ( the thread ) in spite of the usual Ass Holes.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2018, 09:46:25 am »
There's an old saying in football ..you can only beat whats put in front of you. And very true it is. But after listening to the media hype describing them as heroes, I'd like to put things into perspective.

They had what most people viewed as an easy route to the final.
They were in a group with only one other decent team and came second of four.
They beat two minnow teams in the group and lost to the decent one.
They squeezed through on penalties against Colombia. Were probably the better team but were not totally convincing.
They beat an extremely poor Sweden side who frankly were not up for it.
They came up against Croatia who were up for it and lost for the second time in the tournament. Six games two losses.

Do I think its the start of something big for English football post World Cup ?...no not really. I wish I could say I did. Hope that assessment is not too caustic for you daggie. ;)

But hey you never know.

Nice to see you are so concerned about English football and Brexit dagwood.) I'm almost weeping with thankfulness. :D

Offline dagwood

« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2018, 09:57:38 am »
There's an old saying in football ..you can only beat whats put in front of you. And very true it is. But after listening to the media hype describing them as heroes, I'd like to put things into perspective.

They had what most people viewed as an easy route to the final.
They were in a group with only one other decent team and came second of four.
They beat two minnow teams in the group and lost to the decent one.
They squeezed through on penalties against Colombia. Were probably the better team but were not totally convincing.
They beat an extremely poor Sweden side who frankly were not up for it.
They came up against Croatia who were up for it and lost for the second time in the tournament. Six games two losses.

Do I think its the start of something big for English football post World Cup ?...no not really. I wish I could say I did. Hope that assessment is not too caustic for you daggie. ;)

But hey you never know.

Nice to see you are so concerned about English football and Brexit dagwood.) I'm almost weeping with thankfulness. :D

Damage limitation 😋