Author Topic: Russia 🇷🇺  (Read 5352 times)

Offline malabu

Re: Russia 🇷🇺
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2018, 10:16:18 am »
There's an old saying in football ..you can only beat whats put in front of you. And very true it is. But after listening to the media hype describing them as heroes, I'd like to put things into perspective.

They had what most people viewed as an easy route to the final.
They were in a group with only one other decent team and came second of four.
They beat two minnow teams in the group and lost to the decent one.
They squeezed through on penalties against Colombia. Were probably the better team but were not totally convincing.
They beat an extremely poor Sweden side who frankly were not up for it.
They came up against Croatia who were up for it and lost for the second time in the tournament. Six games two losses.

Do I think its the start of something big for English football post World Cup ?...no not really. I wish I could say I did. Hope that assessment is not too caustic for you daggie. ;)

But hey you never know.

Nice to see you are so concerned about English football and Brexit dagwood.) I'm almost weeping with thankfulness. :D
I cannot find any post that even sujests that we would win the World Cup, only that we had pride in our national team, it obviose  you don’t but many millions not only in the uk but around the world have that same pride, so again I say no one is bothered what you think, I am starting to wonder if you really are English? Or just a pretender to the throne not the one the Queen sits on but the one you number two on as you sprout a load of sh-t

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2018, 10:51:14 am »
Who said anything about winning it, certainly not me and I never accused you of saying they would either. It's about their performances along the way and how each of us translates it . Do we think they are heroes regardless, or do we take a deeper look at how it all went and be a little more reserved in our judgement. So you are of the opinion anyone critical of the National football team can't be English? LOL. Grow up man it's a game.

You can be proud of their limited achievements ...which I am, but you can also look at it logically ...which I do.

The only one spouting number two on top of their patriotic high horse is you.

As I said before who do you think you are that you feel I should be forced to look at it the same way as you.

I'll disregard dagwood as he is in full England football team grovelling mode at present. Give him time , he will move on to Brexit. ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:53:56 am by Ivemovedon »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2018, 11:08:45 am »
How chuffed I am that your disregarding me at this time because that must mean that you sometimes actually don’t disregard me.
As for the other subject Trump and all tabloid press and pathetic fools like are doing it for me.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2018, 11:28:06 am »
If I wanted to really discard you daggie I would block your posts like most of the others on here.

I wouldn't do that as you are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I might not like yours but then you don't like mine. And sometimes, just sometimes the debate can override the arguments and we get somewhere.
I wish Mr Proud patriot could be a bit more easy going with other peoples ideas of how the football went instead of finger pointing with accusations of high treason for doubting their new found potential..

Offline malabu

« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2018, 11:35:44 am »
How chuffed I am that your disregarding me at this time because that must mean that you sometimes actually don’t disregard me.
As for the other subject Trump and all tabloid press and pathetic fools like are doing it for me.
Your wasting your breath the man? Has to have the last word and he cannot give a sensible answer or no answer he try’s to make you look a fool by going on about your English or spelling

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2018, 11:44:23 am »
That's it with you. Can't take much more of your silly incoherent posts.

Offline malabu

« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2018, 11:49:41 am »
That's it with you. Can't take much more of your silly incoherent posts.
Point proven

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2018, 11:52:32 am »

Offline malabu

« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2018, 12:38:31 pm »
If I wanted to really discard you daggie I would block your posts like most of the others on here.

I wouldn't do that as you are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I might not like yours but then you don't like mine. And sometimes, just sometimes the debate can override the arguments and we get somewhere.
I wish Mr Proud patriot could be a bit more easy going with other peoples ideas of how the football went instead of finger pointing with accusations of high treason for doubting their new found potential..

So Daggie is entitled to his opinion as you are but I am not, is there something wrong with being a proud patriot

Offline dagwood

« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2018, 13:41:26 pm »

The reason I wished to see England doing well is because every kid in Ireland with a talent for soccer, his dream is to be picked for a trial and go on to play for an English side, and a good few make it.
Also the many hours of enjoyment we get from English football each week either traveling to the matches or watching it on television.
It would be stupid to allow politics spoil all that

Offline malabu

« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2018, 19:50:13 pm »
It really does not matter that football is not coming home what matters is it could have :)

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2018, 22:47:24 pm »
Yeah, if you live in France

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2018, 11:03:19 am »
 Enjoy the ride by all means but always be aware where the bus is going to terminate.

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2018, 16:46:28 pm »
So Daggie is entitled to his opinion as you are but I am not, is there something wrong with being a proud patriot

Only if you are british ?

Offline malabu

« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2018, 17:36:09 pm »
I am

Offline dagwood

« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2018, 18:28:49 pm »
Well I hope you all enjoyed the World Cup as much as I did. Winners and loosers that’s what its all about.
 But I’m glad that I started this tread in spite of the usual suspects trying to cause mayhem.
 Viva la France 🇫🇷

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2018, 19:13:26 pm »
Viva la France...that says it all about you daggie. If I was an Irishman I would wonder what the hell you were all about.

But then apparently you are an England supporter as well. Talk about a man of many faces. LOL

Offline dagwood

« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2018, 19:37:54 pm »
Don’t forget this forum is about a Spanish Island and I’m Irish. I wished England luck for the reasons I outlined but then the best team in the world won and I’m happy with that.
But then what would a bigoted looser like you know.
I know you’ll come back with some sort of drivel but looking at the way everything’s going so disappointingly for you at the moment we should cut you some slack.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2018, 20:07:05 pm »
All is fab with me at the moment daggie. No problems whatsoever.

Semi final of a world cup, Just about to exit a corrupt organization.What's not to be happy about ?.

Plus in addition my third grandkids  first birthday is today and we are having a knees up with a few beers in the sunshine, while watching the final we wished we had been in.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2018, 20:33:09 pm »
All is fab with me at the moment daggie. No problems whatsoever.

Semi final of a world cup, Just about to exit a corrupt organization.What's not to be happy about ?.

Plus in addition my third grandkids  first birthday is today and we are having a knees up with a few beers in the sunshine, while watching the final we wished we had been in.

I hope you had a great day and congratulations on your 3rd grandchild. I wish the three of them a bright future.
Now one question, what the hell on the day that’s in it are you doing haveing an argument with an old fool like me.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2018, 20:39:31 pm »
Thanks dag. It has been a good day. Apart from the froggies winning. But hey you cant have it all can you.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2018, 20:42:59 pm »
Normal service tomorrow?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2018, 20:52:14 pm »
I think so don't you. ;)

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2018, 21:51:53 pm »

« Reply #199 on: Today at 20:33:09 »

You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

happy days

Offline dagwood

« Reply #204 on: July 16, 2018, 23:55:20 pm »
One hell of a party 🍾🍸🍷in Paris today and tonight.