Author Topic: Airbus  (Read 3613 times)

Offline Ivemovedon

Re: Airbus
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2018, 07:30:39 am »
Tell me again why I’m wrong? 

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 12:32:59 pm »
I’m not in the habit of repeating myself but:::

Look at it this way, in the next year or less the U.K. government will collapse.
After a very nasty election campaign no party will have an overall majority but the Tories and labour will cobble some sort of arrangement not a coalition but an arrangement together, if for no other reason but to keep the far left and far right out. Normal people will become paranoid. (This may have already begun)
Government as you now know it will be impossible. The divides in society will be many and the blame will be left squarely at the door of the Brexiters.
Politicians will keep speaking about the will of the people.
Somewhere along the line a new referendum will be held and the remainers will win convincingly
The prodigal son will then be ready to return to the EU. But will a welcome await?
Blame anyone or anything you like but the mess and it is a mess the U.K. is now in is totally of your own making and absolutely no end in sight.
Good luck for the future.

Total nonsense and only based on your bizarre opinions of catastrophe. We are leaving a badly run club that's all. It can be as easy or as hard as our politicians want to make it. Unfortunately as they are useless, leaving is harder than it should be. But we will get there in the end, despite rather than because of May, It won't be as we wanted it, but hey, just getting out at all is like a lottery win.

You should be more worried about Ireland ...run by an EU puppet having his strings pulled and constantly dancing to their tune. We will be long gone when they are asking for cash for the next bail out. So it might have to be you who are asked, sorry told, to  fork out. If you have any spare cash by then which is doubtful. ;) And when the EU eventually hits the buffers as all badly run clubs do sooner or later, you will be in the mad scramble to get out with just a few Euro's in your pocket and your dignity shot to pieces.

I know where I'd sooner be.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:32:17 am by Ivemovedon »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2018, 08:52:19 am »
but hey, just getting out at all is like a lottery win.

Sure will, for the country’s that the jobs go to.
And of course you want to leave the club and still retain pavilion membership. Cherry picking. Won’t happen.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 09:01:18 am by dagwood »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2018, 09:15:01 am »
We'll see.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2018, 10:25:53 am »
you would have to be a complete nonsensical idiot if you want to be part of the EU

i'll use daggers as my living breathing example of this

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2018, 13:36:45 pm »
Perhaps it has escaped the notice of some on here what with the football and stuff but it hasn't escaped me.

MEP's in the European Parliament have just voted to keep their £3,900 a month expenses accounts secret. Yes you heard it right.. they voted to keep it a secret. Over 40 grand a year EACH  of public money they feel it is their right to not to have to divulge where or on what they spend it.

Apparently it is paid as a lump sum as part of their salary with no records kept, no receipts needed and above all no intrusive questions asked.

LOL its not so much the money but the fact they can tell us how it is going to be, not the other way round. That's not democracy  its dictatorship. We are all being taken for a ride.... some of us can see it but many can't. Or rather they can but they don't care.

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2018, 13:43:21 pm »
Perhaps it has escaped the notice of some on here what with the football and stuff but it hasn't escaped me.

MEP's in the European Parliament have just voted to keep their £3,900 a month expenses accounts secret. Yes you heard it right.. they voted to keep it a secret. Over 40 grand a year EACH  of public money they feel it is their right to not to have to divulge where or on what they spend it.

Apparently it is paid as a lump sum as part of their salary with no records kept, no receipts needed and above all no intrusive questions asked.

LOL its not so much the money but the fact they can tell us how it is going to be, not the other way round. That's not democracy  its dictatorship. We are all being taken for a ride.... some of us can see it but many can't. Or rather they can but they don't care.

Shocking !! However, I would agree. Most don’t actually care as it doesn’t affect them day to day visibly in their pockets so don’t even look/acknowledge that it is there and the people that are drawn to politics (supposedly for our benefit), NOT, it’s for their own gain know this well !!!

Offline dagwood

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2018, 13:52:33 pm »
I wonder which way did Nigel vote?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2018, 14:18:08 pm »
Its a secret.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2018, 14:28:50 pm »

Part of the reason The EU accounts have not been approved by auditors for over 20 years, what self-respecting accountant is going to put a signature to that kind of theft?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2018, 15:04:32 pm »
And get this...they even voted against the mandatory return of any unspent funds. No tax is paid on it either.

Isn't life wonderful in the EU political bubble where Euro's grow on trees and only have to be plucked at your leisure.

Meanwhile back at the coalface....

Online beachlife

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2018, 16:59:47 pm »
So no cherry picking but euros are ok.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2018, 17:09:23 pm »
And get this...they even voted against the mandatory return of any unspent funds. No tax is paid on it either.

Isn't life wonderful in the EU political bubble where Euro's grow on trees and only have to be plucked at your leisure.

Meanwhile back at the coalface....

Meanwhile back at the coalface in the winter of 2019 pensioners the length and breath of the U.K. are unable to heat their homes as there are not enough people working to support an ageing population pay the dole and keep the government and civil service in the life style that they were accustom to.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2018, 17:35:50 pm »
Never mind the biased futuristic predictions of doom and gloom.

These Eurocrat's are giving you the middle finger while they pick your pocket. While you bang on about social implosion they are shafting you from behind. And counting your banknotes while they are doing it.

They must think they have a wonderfully free playing field while EU citizens bend over so dutifully for them.  ;) :-*

Offline Lexeus

« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2018, 18:36:35 pm »
It's difficult to disagree with the negative opinion on MEP's self-governance, but what makes me laugh is the insinuation that British MP's are so different, even Nigel Farage is happy for the British Tax payer to foot his EU decided pension "Ukip leader will be entitled to an annual pension of £73,000 when he reaches the age of 63"

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2018, 18:55:15 pm »
With all due respect I think everyone is aware UK MP's are no different.  Even more reason not to have both lots taking financial liberties with taxpayers money. Two wrongs don't make a right.

As for Mr Farage why should he not accept what all the others are given. Since when has integrity been a password for politicians.There's half a dozen of them should have resigned at May's brexit plans at the weekend. Not one of them had the gonads to do it.

The EU is the biggest and easiest heist in history. They sold the paradise of the EU project and decades later millions are still falling for it. Members of the European Parliament along with all the other hangers on milking the system must look in the bathroom mirror every morning and thank the Lord there is one born every minute....   they truly must find it hard to believe what they are getting away with.

It needs a lot of suckers to keep a gravy train the size of the EU rolling along. Fortunately for them there is no shortage. ;)

David Davis has just resigned...respect. Rest of the brexiteers should hang their heads in shame.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:33:26 am by Ivemovedon »

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2018, 10:23:17 am »
Not one of them had the gonads to do it.

looks like we have some non conforming politicians who have just resigned.

i think that is the true way of proving if a politician is in it for themselves, rather than trying to look out for us, example - career politician corbyn would never resign.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2018, 13:01:10 pm »
I wish May would resign.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2018, 13:14:26 pm »
Is that the same Davis that played with the Kinks 😂😂😂

Offline Lexeus

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2018, 14:22:33 pm »
Not one of them had the gonads to do it.

looks like we have some non conforming politicians who have just resigned.

i think that is the true way of proving if a politician is in it for themselves, rather than trying to look out for us, example - career politician corbyn would never resign.

Although I would love to agree with you, unfortunately I have a sneaking suspicion that having been the BREXIT minister, he knows very well that by getting out right now he will have more free time to cash in on the all the companies who will be happy to pay him just about any ammount for any advice on BREXIT....

Offline dagwood

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2018, 15:02:14 pm »
Good thinking Batman but I doubt any pro Brexit politicians would be in a position to advise any business people  on anything.
Didn’t Bonkin Boris reportedly say F#%k  business. He’s gone now. Probably start a business polishing turds 💩. Badly needed. Rats/ship comes to mind.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 15:06:30 pm by dagwood »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2018, 16:11:25 pm »
Good day to buy sterling and tomorrow will probably be better.

Offline Lexeus

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2018, 16:24:23 pm »
This is the problem with Theresa May and I have been saying it ever since she was Home Secretary, she just does what she wants to "Get the job done!", screw public support, screw political support, walk over any laws she can get away with.... She knows best!

That's exactly how she managed her royal mess with Abu Hamza which cost both UK and US taxpayers millions, ordering the civil servants to pursue a legal path that they advised her wouldn't succeed and after years of failing they finally exhausted every posibility and managed to negotiate an expensive solution.... which she then really #%#!'ed by announcing it 24hours early as she was just so excited she got her dates mixed up.....

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2018, 17:11:41 pm »
Spot on..couldn't agree more.

I'm afraid she has been a disaster for brexit. Dithering, unsure, indecisive and always on the back foot with EU dignitaries. When we needed a strong , commanding leader able to meet the EU head on, all we got was a timid, fudge ridden excuse for a PM. The repercussions of the type of brexit she is leading us into is going to be catastrophic if someone doesn't put her right. It's such a terrible shame when you think how it could have been if someone like Jacob Rees Mogg was at the helm.   

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2018, 17:21:26 pm »
ill give her a week.

cant see her lasting too long now.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2018, 17:34:03 pm »

Hope sterling's better on Wednesday.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2018, 18:11:47 pm »

Hope sterling's better on Wednesday.

Are you leaving town?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2018, 18:39:47 pm »
No but sterling might have to if he misses as many chances as he did against Sweden.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2018, 19:17:01 pm »
No but sterling might have to if he misses as many chances as he did against Sweden.

Boom boom 😺😺😺

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2018, 19:17:32 pm »
 I am absolutely certain the ultra Right Wing, Eton educated multi millionaire, ex Fund founder and manager Jacob Rees Mogg, would have the best intentions for the British people who voted for Britex at heart. In no way would he have the City of London first and foremost at heart, he would put his investments on the back burner and fully concentrate on the good of the UK, maybe even the north of England, at least up until Watford.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2018, 19:26:44 pm »
I am absolutely certain the ultra Right Wing, Eton educated multi millionaire, ex Fund founder and manager Jacob Rees Mogg, would have the best intentions for the British people who voted for Britex at heart. In no way would he have the City of London first and foremost at heart, he would put his investments on the back burner and fully concentrate on the good of the UK, maybe even the north of England, at least up until Watford.

And you know his financial services/ hedge fund company opened an office in Dublin.
I’m sure he had the good of U.K. people at heart.

A financial firm co-founded by Jacob Rees-Mogg, a leading pro-Brexit Tory backbencher, has reportedly set up an investment fund in Ireland and warned prospective clients about the dangers of a hard Brexit.

Mr Rees-Mogg's Somerset Capital Management (SCM) launched the new fund in March, aiming it at international investors who want to keep their money in the European Union after Britain leaves the bloc in 2019.

In a "risks" section, the prospectus for the new fund said that before and after Brexit "there is likely to be considerable uncertainty as to the position of the UK and the arrangements which will apply to its relationships with the EU".

A financial firm co-founded by Jacob Rees-Mogg, a leading pro-Brexit Tory backbencher, has reportedly set up an investment fund in Ireland and warned prospective clients about the dangers of a hard Brexit.

Mr Rees-Mogg's Somerset Capital Management (SCM) launched the new fund in March, aiming it at international investors who want to keep their money in the European Union after Britain leaves the bloc in 2019.

In a "risks" section, the prospectus for the new fund said that before and after Brexit "there is likely to be considerable uncertainty as to the position of the UK and the arrangements which will apply to its relationships with the EU".

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 19:35:38 pm by dagwood »