Author Topic: Post Brexit Tax hike  (Read 1549 times)

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
Re: Post Brexit Tax hike
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2018, 14:53:50 pm »
And you know what, one thing that bound them even closer,...this is gonna hurt sperik..they all of them spoke and communicated in English. It was the only language almost everybody knew.
Proving what?
That they all were flexable enough to speak at least one other language.
All except the british that is (with the exception of SheilaW who speaks fluent french)

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2018, 15:46:22 pm »
Everyone speaks English. Nothing to prove, nothing else to say.

Offline skillt

• Up Cork
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2018, 17:01:19 pm »
Beachlife: Your statements about Irish are a little on the wild side,  First I was in Dublin and heard most people speaking English, yes correct but do I say that I was in Newham,Tower Hamlets,Bradford and saw only Muslims and heard no English been spoken so is the UK a Muslim country.  Google it the UK has the highest population of Muslims in the EU and having average of 2.9 children compared to the 1.8 had by non-Muslims.
Irish Pubs around the world full of Irish, well most Irish pubs abroad are owned by non Irish and don't even have one Irish staff member, the customers are about 35% Irish and the nexted would be British people just know that IRISH PUB Brand and like what they get, overpriced local Beers. How many people actually drink Guinness in these pubs. Please note Irish people call these plastic Pubs.
The largest growing schools in Ireland including Northern Ireland are Irish schools. I went to an Irish school but use English in my daily life but at home with the kids I use Irish as they attend a school whom use English as the teaching lagunage. When I go to Wales or Scotland I hear English so what.
This is not an anti English post (look at my past posts) just, if you have a few idiots on here that are anti English/ UK please don't use the usual number two. Target the man's weakness and inaccurate statements not that he is Irish. Plus what's wrong with a plate of Irish stew, the working man's club near old Trafford has the best Irish stew in the UK my humble opinion. Go for the ball not the man as they say.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 18:06:36 pm by skillt »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2018, 17:44:27 pm »
Most IRISH people in their twenties can speak at least four languages.
As for Irish pubs all over the world the Irish tourists I know avoid them like the plague as they are not Irish owned and have nothing in common with a decent Irish pub.
However there are many Irish owned pubs to be found all over the world which is different type of bar altogether. The vast majority of these pubs are very professionally  run and provide an excellent service to the patrons.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 17:46:04 pm by dagwood »

Offline beachlife

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2018, 21:25:11 pm »
Beachlife: Your statements about Irish are a little on the wild side,  First I was in Dublin and heard most people speaking English, yes correct but do I say that I was in Newham,Tower Hamlets,Bradford and saw only Muslims and heard no English been spoken so is the UK a Muslim country.  Google it the UK has the highest population of Muslims in the EU and having average of 2.9 children compared to the 1.8 had by non-Muslims.
Irish Pubs around the world full of Irish, well most Irish pubs abroad are owned by non Irish and don't even have one Irish staff member, the customers are about 35% Irish and the nexted would be British people just know that IRISH PUB Brand and like what they get, overpriced local Beers. How many people actually drink Guinness in these pubs. Please note Irish people call these plastic Pubs.
The largest growing schools in Ireland including Northern Ireland are Irish schools. I went to an Irish school but use English in my daily life but at home with the kids I use Irish as they attend a school whom use English as the teaching lagunage. When I go to Wales or Scotland I hear English so what.
This is not an anti English post (look at my past posts) just, if you have a few idiots on here that are anti English/ UK please don't use the usual number two. Target the man's weakness and inaccurate statements not that he is Irish. Plus what's wrong with a plate of Irish stew, the working man's club near old Trafford has the best Irish stew in the UK my humble opinion. Go for the ball not the man as they say.

Skillt fair play mate, I agree with a lot of what you say. If you have read my posts with both grand parents who are from the north, I appreciate that I am starting to play the man, as have nothing against the Irish as I would be shooting myself to a degree in the foot.

Your comments regarding areas of the UK are quite right and only go to show that where ever you are people like to be with people similar to themselves who speak the same language. However the percentages in these areas compared to the general population is small, 2011 census states
English (or Welsh in Wales) was the main language for 92% of UK residents. Of the remaining 8% who had a different main language, the majority could speak English "well" or "very well".  Estimate is that 0.3% can not speak any English. Obviously these people appear a larger percentage of areas within London and some other conurbations. My comment in Irish which I put was to suggest to Irish speakers where I was coming from I obviously did not succeed in this case.

Certain people on here post constant disparaging comments regarding British people. My comments were in answer to their comments implying that all English people were the same and don`t learn Spanish or integrate. I thought I had to put it crudely so they would take on board that both sides of the Irish sea have more in common than divides them. Rational debate is not wanted or listened to sometimes. Think you have with respect taken my comments out of context of the discussion within this and other threads.

I appreciate the cross section of people I meet when I go back across the water have just as many sensible people and idiots on each side.  However been disappointed that more Irish people have not raised their voices on the anti British sentiment posted here.

By the way I like a good Irish stew as well especially the ones my grandmother made.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 21:26:57 pm by beachlife »

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2018, 21:28:40 pm »
Sorry Skillt, the last time I was in Dublin, the majority of the population I encountered spoke Chinese and Irish as a second language. I have been in Irish Pubs in many places around the world, but have never encountered any run by anyone other than the Irish, in a number of countries they are a pure god send, you will have to name the countries to convince me.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2018, 21:40:21 pm »
Sorry Skillt, the last time I was in Dublin, the majority of the population I encountered spoke Chinese and Irish as a second language. I have been in Irish Pubs in many places around the world, but have never encountered any run by anyone other than the Irish, in a number of countries they are a pure god send, you will have to name the countries to convince me.

Have you tried O’Connors in Caleta ?

Offline dagwood

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2018, 21:52:07 pm »

In all fairness Ivemovedon and Beachlife both of you write excellent English but you also excel in Pure S##t.

Offline beachlife

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2018, 22:01:06 pm »
Irish pub at top of Orchard Road, Singapore, Run by Irish people with plenty of Irish people speaking English none of them spoke  Malay, Mandarin, or Hokkian (I did ask them over a few beers). However plenty of integration going on with the Irish guys and the local girls but no Singaporean men were present to discuss how well everyone was integrating. Going back to Singapore in January will report back no doubt hear nothing but  Malay, Mandarin, or Hokkian. For Skillt ach a bheith sarcastic.

Irish stew ok but not the same as grandma`s.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2018, 22:16:20 pm »

In all fairness Ivemovedon and Beachlife both of you write excellent English but you also excel in Pure S##t.

My written English is not particularly good. It just probably seems like it is to those with a low IQ.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2018, 22:31:58 pm »

My written English is not particularly good. It just probably seems like it is to those with a low IQ.

Your being unfair to your self, but maybe that’s why Viva stands up for you no matter what.

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2018, 23:24:24 pm »
Suas na Gaeilge Beachlife ☘️🇮🇪
I am half Irish by blood but full Irish by heritage/inclination & my sons were both born in Ireland. Lived there for over well twenty years & most of my family are still there.
 Daggie, I doubt very much if most Irish 20 something’s can speak 4 languages, they may have a few words (from schooling) that hardly counts as being able to speak a language, same goes for Irish, all learn it in school through to inter cert but not many speak it in normal life.
O’Connors in Caleta looks ok, the inside bit reminds me a bit of Durty Nellies at Bunratty apart from all the screens for sports !! & I think the manager/owner is from the North but not sure on that one. 

Offline dagwood

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2018, 00:16:38 am »
Ok spitfire let’s count Irish, English and a working knowledge of all European and other languages are available in most schools (because a lot of our young people are working for European and international companies or the EU itself either at home or abroad). There’s a ready made pool of highly educated multilingual young people available for work.That’s why PayPal and other international companies set up here. Ok there are people from all nationalities employed in these companies also but the vast majority are Irish born. Also there are a sizeable number of family’s of mixed race that offers another opportunity for their Irish born children speaking sometimes two additional  languages.
 When traveling on Ryanair from Ireland that person you hear with a foreign (including UK )accent is probably an Irish citizen. It’s also worth remembering that Spanish is spoken widely in the America’s and is one of the languages most studied in our schools. 
OConnors is a rip-off pub and definitely not Irish
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 00:25:52 am by dagwood »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2018, 07:21:39 am »
There's Irish pubs and Irish themed pubs...who cares?...They all have shamrocks stuck outside and sell Guinness.

Next time I have the opportunity to speak to a young Irish intellectual I will ask them which four languages they speak. Should be interesting.  ;)

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2018, 07:33:49 am »

Your being unfair to your self, but maybe that’s why Viva stands up for you no matter what.

Viva doesn't stand up for me. You mistake it for the fact that like me he picks you up on all the anti British disguised as anti Brexit rubbish you spout. ;)

Offline dagwood

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2018, 07:54:38 am »
What a double barrelled gold plated idiot of a plonker you are Ivemovedon.
PS shamrocks would only be seen in genuine Irish pubs on St Patrick’s day or when we’re kicking England’s butt in the rugby 🏉
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 08:05:25 am by dagwood »

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2018, 08:53:00 am »
That’s why PayPal and other international companies set up here.
Or is it for tax loopholes? (like Holland)

Offline dagwood

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2018, 09:13:25 am »
That’s why PayPal and other international companies set up here.
Or is it for tax loopholes? (like Holland)

A favourable corporate tax rate is also a deciding factor but not the only one I would think.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2018, 09:17:22 am »
What a double barrelled gold plated idiot of a plonker you are Ivemovedon.
PS shamrocks would only be seen in genuine Irish pubs on St Patrick’s day or when we’re kicking England’s butt in the rugby 🏉

Like I said...who cares.

And when you've finished verbally abusing me like you have so many others on here, you might like to take a look at your own and Ireland's failings instead of banging on about what God's gift you and they are to the world. What a burden it must be having to carry that huge chip on your shoulder around with you all your life.

By the way between you and me ,you must have an extremely small penis. ;)

Offline dagwood

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2018, 10:08:29 am »
To answer your 1st question you must. The 2nd one, 12 old halfpennys.
I think deep down you are not a bad person but if I were you ,which for the record I’m not, I would keep taking the medication as required. Dont be worried about Brexit as it’s too far gone now to be saved.
The nice men in the white coats will take care of you and make you comfortable.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:11:11 am by dagwood »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2018, 10:50:16 am »
I do believe deep down you aren't a bad person yourself. if you could just get a grip of that Gaelic chip on your shoulder. You need to move on (like me). Times have changed, history is history and was made when most of us weren't about. Time to let the old overblown grievances fade away and look to the future. Not too sure you are capable though, it's too entrenched in the psyche of some of the old dinosaurs.

Brexit by the way will be a success for Britain. How can it not be when we have cast off being manacled to such a grotesque organization...one that you will still be tied to. By the time you realize your mistake and try to get out you will be in a queue behind 25 other member states. Good luck ...without the UK you really are going to need it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:55:50 am by Ivemovedon »

Offline beachlife

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2018, 10:51:22 am »
I think deep down you are not a bad person but if I were you ,which for the record I’m not, I would keep taking the medication as required. Dont be worried about Brexit as it’s too far gone now to be saved.

When people point fingers at others they should remember that they have four fingers pointing back at them.

If everywhere you look there’s a problem.. Guess what?

Offline dagwood

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2018, 11:02:18 am »

When people point fingers at others they should remember that they have four fingers pointing back at them.

An extremely short post for you Beachlife but as as usual it is full of bluster and makes absolutely no sense.

Offline beachlife

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2018, 11:11:48 am »

An extremely short post for you Beachlife but as as usual it is full of bluster and makes absolutely no sense.

That reflects on you not me.

Like to keep things short for you as your cognitive abilities appear limited - you possibly will need help to understand that.

Which may explain why you find Brexit so difficult to understand, as its more complex than your everyday experiences. Best to leave things for those who understand complex issues.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 11:15:23 am by beachlife »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2018, 11:52:23 am »
You are right about Brexit it is much to complicate for Boris and co to negotiate.
The end of the road is approaching fast and not a child in the house washed.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2018, 13:13:11 pm »
You know what this forum is supposed to be about Fuerteventura and I will post positive items about Ireland among other posts any time I like. If it doesn’t suit you can feck off.
Of course it’s typical of Ivemovedon Beachlife etc to think they are entitled to start a tread and if it’s not all going their way they loose the run of themselves and try to offend anyone who disagrees with them. A

Offline beachlife

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2018, 13:15:42 pm »
You are right about Brexit it is much to complicate for Boris and co to negotiate.
The end of the road is approaching fast and not a child in the house washed.

Think Johnstone might understand complex issues better than us both.

Johnson was awarded a King's Scholarship to study at Eton College.

Upon finishing his time at Eton, Johnson went on a gap year to Australia, where he taught English and Latin at Timbertop, an Outward Bound campus of Geelong Grammar, an elite independent boarding school.

Johnson won a scholarship to read Literae Humaniores, a four-year course based in the study of Classics, at Balliol College, Oxford.

In 1984, Johnson was elected secretary of the Oxford Union.

Johnson graduated from Balliol College with an upper second-class degree.

So you may call him many things but think his CV indicates he can understand complex issues.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2018, 13:24:08 pm »
I do believe deep down you aren't a bad person yourself. if you could just get a grip of that Gaelic chip on your shoulder. You need to move on (like me). Times have changed, history is history and was made when most of us weren't about. Time to let the old overblown grievances fade away and look to the future. Not too sure you are capable though, it's too entrenched in the psyche of some of the old dinosaurs.

Brexit by the way will be a success for Britain. How can it not be when we have cast off being manacled to such a grotesque organization...one that you will still be tied to. By the time you realize your mistake and try to get out you will be in a queue behind 25 other member states. Good luck ...without the UK you really are going to need it.

What the hell are you on about.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2018, 14:38:36 pm »
Work it out. You're Irish it should be easy.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 14:59:37 pm by Ivemovedon »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2018, 23:38:26 pm »
I notice you breixiters have never mentioned an Irishman by the name of Herman Kelly.
Apparently Herman Kelly is Nigel Farages right hand man.
So it seems the brixiters didn’t even have the ability to create the mess that is Brexit without the assistance of an Irish man.