Author Topic: Beach villas and kitchens  (Read 667 times)

Offline jill tie

Beach villas and kitchens
« on: June 28, 2018, 09:07:18 am »
Hi

We have a place on beach villas and some of the kitchen doors and drawer fronts could do with replacing.  Does anyone know where or which company supplied these kitchens?  If not where can I buy kitchen doors and drawers on the island?

Thanks

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
Re: Beach villas and kitchens
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 09:15:47 am »
Hi Jill,
First thoughts would be Ikea or Altagracia the place up the road from it on the side of the garage does doors as well. Sure others will mention more, cheers . . Ron

Offline jill tie

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 09:27:05 am »
That was quick spitfire,  thanks.  Ideally would like to replace just some of the doors and drawer.  But don't think I'm being realistic in hoping to find the same kitchen.

Offline Will196

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 09:41:34 am »
If I'm understanding you want to keep part and replace part. Even if you found the exact same there is no guarantee the current colour would match 100%.  Your kitchen has been exposed to the sun and air. Cherry darkens with exposure. Other woods might go the other way. Even if it's painted the current shade might be close but not exact. You might not even notice under the shop lights. But home with all the cabinets together it might be very obvious.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 09:51:18 am »
We had a similar issue and could not get anywhere near, there is a place near Ikea, instead of turning right up past Ikea go straight on, it is the last building on your right, good quality and reasonably priced, downside is we went back and fore there about 6/7 times, and could not work out their opening times ::)

Offline jill tie

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 10:37:19 am »
If I'm understanding you want to keep part and replace part. Even if you found the exact same there is no guarantee the current colour would match 100%.  Your kitchen has been exposed to the sun and air. Cherry darkens with exposure. Other woods might go the other way. Even if it's painted the current shade might be close but not exact. You might not even notice under the shop lights. But home with all the cabinets together it might be very obvious.

You may be right Will.  The issue is the some drawers have lost there edges,  just wear and tear and a door next to the cooker is peeling because of the heat.  Don't really want to replace all the kitchen because of a couple of drawers and a door. 

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 18:28:45 pm »
I believe the Altagracia place actually makes stuff so they should be able to make drawer frames of same size. As others have said though you may struggle getting a colour match

Offline Lexeus

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 22:03:40 pm »
Are Altagracia still in business as their website is down and their facebook has had no posts for over 2 years?

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 22:23:55 pm »
Wow, that’s news Lexeus. Haven’t been in there myself but have heard people on here speak of what they do/did. Pity if they have gone, not many places left to get bespoke stuff !!

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 07:39:22 am »
Are Altagracia still in business as their website is down and their facebook has had no posts for over 2 years?

If it is the place JohnR has mentioned at the other end of the block from the Disa garage opposite Ikea then yes it is still in business the doors were open the other day and there were their vans outside, certainly in business last December as we went in to look for a unit for our utility area.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 07:41:02 am by Windermeregolfer »