Author Topic: Car Hire  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Mr Boo Boo

• Everything is impossible until it is done
Car Hire
« on: July 02, 2018, 08:29:04 am »
Hi

Back over on the 15th can anyone recommend a decent car hire company in Corralejo, normally collect at the airport but have booked a last minute holiday with Jet2 which includes transfers.... Mrs Gramster is after a convertable...

Thanks

Offline Logitechtom

• Birmingham/El Cotillo 50/50
Re: Car Hire
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 09:16:53 am »
In order:
1. Plus Car.
2. Top Car /Authorised.
3. Cicar.

Used all three and never encountered the slightest problem.

Tom.

Offline Deso

• Roll on one way flight to the rock. :)
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 09:21:29 am »
Personally, I wouldn't get a convertible. Tried it once on Gran Canaria and took it back the next day, with it being breezy on the island you just get buffeted, especially at speed, not very pleasant.

That maybe why you don't see many on the island? 

Offline Mr Boo Boo

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 09:45:17 am »
Thanks Deso and Logi, I'm not that bothered about the convertable

Offline suendrob

• One Beautiful Island to Another
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 10:18:59 am »
You can put the roof up for travelling, or down for cruising and posing 8)

Offline Deso

• Roll on one way flight to the rock. :)
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 22:36:13 pm »
And don't forget, high factor cream on the left arm, not the right.  :D

Offline cockney

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 17:05:23 pm »
Cicar have an office at the ferry and their cars are parked nearby. If you use one of the high street offices you will have to hunt for the cars parked all over the place. 

Offline zedzedeleven

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 09:27:32 am »
You don`t HAVE to go on the transfer bus, book Cicar on line pick up at the airport, find out where your hotel is ! Transfer buses can sometimes meander all over the place and if you are the last off it can add an hour or more to your transfer time.

Offline Mr Boo Boo

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 09:31:20 am »
Thanks we have in the past collected from the airport but when doing so last year took for ever to get the car, Mrs Ster fancies the transfer this time, will look at Cicar at the Ferry terminal...

Offline zedzedeleven

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 09:56:50 am »
I wouldn`t realistically expect the transfer bus to be any quicker , waiting for everyone to get through customs/baggage collection then like I say, it can meander through the resort and depending on where you are staying it can take a while. Anyway, another point I would like to mention, I was once in the queue at Cicar in town behind a guy who wanted to extend his hire period. No dice, "iss no posseebler, you muss go back to the airport for theese!" anyhoo, Cicar have moved operations out onto the car park, speeds things up a bit. A plus point about the transfer bus is you can have a nice drink on the plane. I used to love a G&T !

Offline paully

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 10:34:38 am »
Thanks we have in the past collected from the airport but when doing so last year took for ever to get the car, Mrs Ster fancies the transfer this time, will look at Cicar at the Ferry terminal...

Have a look at Autoplus car..same terms and conditions as Cicar but you meet them in the airport car park and drop it off back there, with the same fuel you picked it up with..Saves the queue certainly..Another is Payless ( a Cabrera medina/Cicar company)..Their desk is rarely busy like some of the others. Cicar desk usually has the biggest queues in the terminal and then sometimes you have to wait again in the car park to collect it...

We use Autoreisen these days, same good terms but usually quieter at the desk

Offline Mr Boo Boo

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 08:59:33 am »
I wouldn`t realistically expect the transfer bus to be any quicker , waiting for everyone to get through customs/baggage collection then like I say, it can meander through the resort and depending on where you are staying it can take a while. Anyway, another point I would like to mention, I was once in the queue at Cicar in town behind a guy who wanted to extend his hire period. No dice, "iss no posseebler, you muss go back to the airport for theese!" anyhoo, Cicar have moved operations out onto the car park, speeds things up a bit. A plus point about the transfer bus is you can have a nice drink on the plane. I used to love a G&T !

Hi Zed

My thoughts exactly, I intend to have a nice glass or two of Vino at Manchester airport and on the plane  8),

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 00:18:29 am »
I’m just back from a week in Caleta, hired a 9 seater from Autoplus for €229 for the week, arrived with RA at 11.00, car picked up in the airport car park by 11:15. It was an almost brand new Peugeot Expert only 8,000km on the clock ŵhat a pleasure to drive, 6 speed gearbox at last a 2L diesel engine, Bly difficulty was getting parking g around Caleta with its length as the idiots around where my place is don’t know how to park 4 cars to a section instead they only park 3 with so much space front and back.

Anyway back to praise for AutoPlus as always very reliable. PM me if anyone needs further details.

Offline cockney

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 17:41:20 pm »

Have a look at Autoplus car..same terms and conditions as Cicar but you meet them in the airport car park and drop it off back there, with the same fuel you picked it up with..Saves the queue certainly..Another is Payless ( a Cabrera medina/Cicar company)..Their desk is rarely busy like some of the others. Cicar desk usually has the biggest queues in the terminal and then sometimes you have to wait again in the car park to collect it...
We use Autoreisen these days, same good terms but usually quieter at the desk

But you can't pick these up in Corralejo which is what Gramster wants to do.