Author Topic: Land at Parque Holandes  (Read 972 times)

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
Land at Parque Holandes
« on: July 04, 2018, 09:05:10 am »
Any one know what is happening on the land between the roundabout and coast at Parque Holandes where they have leveled it and a marquee is going up and a number of large containers have arrived?

Thanks in anticipation

Offline el caballo hambriento

Re: Land at Parque Holandes
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 09:59:26 am »
Maybe something to do with the squatters in the never finished  buildings as you go down the track towards El Jablito?  This is their website https://rachayoga.es.tl/English.htm
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 10:02:22 am by el caballo hambriento »

Offline calculator

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 10:49:57 am »
Any one know what is happening on the land between the roundabout and coast at Parque Holandes where they have leveled it and a marquee is going up and a number of large containers have arrived?

Thanks in anticipation

Haven't seen it, but El jablito does have a rather popular festival each year. Maybe preparing for that.

Offline Windermeregolfer

• Keeping Calm
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 17:30:18 pm »
Thanks for replies so far, you learn something new each day, if it is preparation for a Festival seems they got their act together better than the Music Festival in El Cotillo or are they just not following all the rules.

Offline pamthomas

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 19:31:03 pm »
Re Parque Holandes, I have heard that they are preparing the area for the filming of Wonder Woman 2, which starts filming in the next month or so.

Offline Windermeregolfer

• Keeping Calm
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 20:12:08 pm »
Ah yes could be,  I read about filming in the Canary News today, not as secretive or in isolated locations as  as Star Wars then.

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 09:02:24 am »
Article here https://www.canarias7.es/siete-islas/fuerteventura You can translate using Google Translate
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:03:56 am by el caballo hambriento »

Offline cockney

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 16:11:52 pm »
Another thread  'Major development between El Roque and El Cotillo' includes what appears to be the re-emergense of the original marina development at Pargue Hollandes. This is the link:https://www.diariodefuerteventura.com/noticia/abierto-el-debate-del-piof-piden-11000-camas-en-parque-holand%C3%A9s-y-el-cotillo

Offline Windermeregolfer

• Keeping Calm
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 16:44:06 pm »
re the last 2 posts I had seen the posts this last week about developments at both Parque Holandes & near El Cotillo which I took to be proposals for the future not what was happening now.

The festival or film base compound are the currently the best options and with all the work and containers I saw last week before we left I suspect the later.

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 18:31:11 pm »
The marquee etc that is currently at Parque Holandes is not related to any proposed development - they are separate.