Author Topic: TV reception  (Read 387 times)

Offline malabu

TV reception
« on: July 10, 2018, 13:38:34 pm »
Anyone else having problems with TV ie freezing pixelating or no program, if so what provider do you have, if not would be interested to know who your provider is,

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
Re: TV reception
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 13:57:47 pm »
Where about are you Ours is ok via Fuerte Wifi internet on Fuerteventura golf, currently watching Wimbledon.

Offline malabu

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 14:47:54 pm »
Cory

Offline Lexeus

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 16:17:47 pm »
Do you mean TV as in Broadcast TV, or are you talking about a streaming service i.e. via the internet.

I ask because as it happens on Sunday evening for the first time this year we had virtually no Broadbcast TV service, it was off more than it was on. Seems to coincide with Calima

I am down south in Pajara

Offline malabu

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 16:27:33 pm »
It’s with a mag box through the internet on three month subscription

Offline beachlife

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 17:35:06 pm »
If its mostly during the evenings its likely because of the contention ratio. That is too many people on at the same time. Movistar will makes sure their customers signed up to tv are getting faster speeds and you are a second class customer as far as they are concerned. So your speed is likely to drop and so you get buffering.

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 17:57:12 pm »
Can't you watch uk tv via satellite ?
That's how we always watched dutch tv and the quality and speed were allways 100%

Offline Lexeus

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 10:56:26 am »
Can't you watch uk tv via satellite ?
That's how we always watched dutch tv and the quality and speed were allways 100%

Which TV channels and which satellite do you plan on aiming at, those are the obvious questions.

If anyone missed the notice, at the begginging of 2018 Sky announced they will no longer require people to use the Satellite broadcast service as all channels will be available to stream over the internet, it's just the start before they shut off the satellite so you won't be able to steal it! :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:44:43 am by Lexeus »